Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Please implement casual mode and ranked mode,

saym
saym Member Posts: 82
edited February 11 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've been saying this for several years. But many people said: "Splitting the queue into two will increase the matching time." BHVR also says. I objected. "You won't know unless you try it." Did the lights out mode actually increase queue times?

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

You'll generally find that competitive players don't take well to their opponents playing competitively in return. I'd love if sweat played with sweat, but competitive folk won't stay in their lane for long. They want wins, not challenges.

• saym

It seems that you and I have different interpretations of casual mode and ranked mode.

I think the mode we're playing now is casual mode. This is because MMR is not functioning at all in the current mode. I want a match where the MMR is visible, the MMR is more detailed, and a ranking is given. That's what I think of ranked mode, and I'm looking forward to the addition of this mode.

• mugi
    mugi Member Posts: 54

The wait times for casual mode have not increased due to the Lights Out mode. It has become more difficult for developers to use wait times as an excuse.

I want to aim for escape with people who don't engage in foolish acts for pips or archives. I don't mind rewards being modest, like points to purchase badges. In fact, they don't even have to exist.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Every other game has no issues with ranked modes yet dbd players have need to feel special again I guess

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,671

Making MMR visible in a game where one team has a single player will only cause meta gaming harder. People will figure it exactly how to throw games to lower their MMR, again with the intent of getting easier games.

We've already had exactly this with the Grades system before. It wasn't a matchmaking number, but that doesn't matter, it was a system that did exactly what you're asking for:

A visible grade for every player that attempted to capture skill level. It doesn't matter that it wasn't a number like '750', people could see it.

You know what happened? A mass wave of players 'throwing games' and 'deranking'. It was a huge issue several years ago, and a main reason the grades system was retired.

We've already tried this system and it failed miserably. That's partly why the current system hides MMR from players, exactly to reduce the opportunity to manipulate the system for easy wins.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 11

This. I feel like I'm losing my mind when I read these threads. This is not the first time in gaming history that a game has encountered this problem. Whenever someone brings this up, it's like we suddenly don't have quad slowdown Blights going for winstreaks against random solo players. Casual mode is what we have now.

To anyone saying players wouldn't play ranked mode, consider that players chase *invisible* MMR numbers in DbD for clout. Attach ranks and leader boards to a mode, and players will flock to it.

• saym

So why does the first hooked survivor in the current match commit suicide? Why is Chase the other survivor's 20 seconds baby? Why do I match with Survivors and Killers to DC? I've been playing this game for 10,000 hours, does that mean my skill is low? I don't know because I can't see MMR. And I didn't think the previous grading system was a failure.