The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Let’s talk about Buckle-up + For the People

2»

Comments

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,751

I tend to apply rules to myself to ensure everyone has as much fun as me, regardless if I win or not. It's why I also can mentally get away with goofy builds like Insidious Sadako or Blindness/Trail of Torment jumpscares on Wesker. I also try my best to not tunnel, slug or camp unless situations call for it.

FTP+Buckle Up is 100% a situation to call for it, because not only does it invalidate normal gameplay, it makes running goofy builds so majorly one-sided for them it's becoming less fun to attempt.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

It's a nightmare on Gideon and a non-issue on Midwich. You need a map offering to run this combo reliably and a lot of killers would just Alt-f4 when sent to pallet heaven

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

Survivor could use more things like FTP+BU honestly. Survivor is pretty boring as it is and by me having the combo I feel more engaged to make plays and act like I'm having teamwork.

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 153

Nerf Buckle Up.

I don't like perks that outright powercreep every other perk in its category, and I'd personally like to keep FTP WGLF/Soul Guard as a combo.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,550

I'm completely fine with the one being saved getting protection, but it's really annoying how the saviour also gets it. I don't care if it's strong or impactful, it just feels really cheap.

• concubined
    concubined Member Posts: 140

Ya just like how in comp there’s usually a “savior build” , a designated person with For the People equipped to prevent/prolong a tunnel-out of a teammate. Which is usually done straight after unhooking and is banned from combining with buckle up so it’ll be a trade for slug pressure then the killer will have to hit the healthy tunnel target twice.

• RhysVMT
    RhysVMT Member Posts: 107
    edited February 20

You want us to load in with no addons? Cos thats the way your arguments seem to be going. "Lets talk about BU + FTP", "Lets talk about OTR", like come on dude? You think survivors enjoy going against Pain Res/Pop/Surge/Grim/Dead Mans assortments every match? Don't see you complaining about those overtuned perks though. You seem to have an issue with most of the meta survivor perks which leads me to believe you arent that good at the game. I play killer just as much as a survivor and I never have an issue playing VS these perks, you know why?> Cos I can take my own BS meta perks as well. Try adapting your playstyle when you notice they have these perks perhaps

And to top it off you have a spirit flair, arguably the 3rd best killer in the game. Quite funny

Post edited by BoxGhost on
  • concubined
    edited February 20

I don’t understand why you choose to commit the Ad Hominem fallacy like that. My history of posts and my gameplay does not invalidate my points. If you have something productive to contribute in regards to this specific problem I’m presenting, I’m happy to hear.

And fyi, I 4k every game and I’m almost rank iri one and it hasn’t even been a week since reset and it’s also because of that I’m at an MMR where this combo is problematic, I can’t always afford to engage a silly prolonged chase when I’m not even running a slow down. Stop projecting your skill issues onto others and let’s acknowledge the subject brought up. Thank you!

• GolbezGarlandGabrant

If you're 4King every game and elevating yourself to high MMR then dealing with that stuff is going to be expected. It's like people want high MMR to be easy. If you don't like that stuff don't force yourself to 4K every game and allow youself to lose a few matches.

• RhysVMT
    edited February 20

youre literally projecting your skill issue onto the forums with a new post every day about a perk youve come across in game that you dont like, what are you even talking about.

• concubined

No I am totally in for the challenges that high mmr brings, that’s why I’ve been reaching out to comp players to join teams or 1v1 because a part of me wants to be humbled because every game I 4k at like 3 or 4 gens. And even in the “scrims” I’ve played in I also still 4k at 1/2/3 gens.

That does not change the fact that I do not think that combination of perks is healthy, and obviously look around, it’s so not just me who’s going on talking about this issue and for abundant reasons. I actually do NOT understand why I’m dealing with push backs on this forum? Like…? What…? I did not expect survivors to have such thick skin and audacity

• concubined

Aw I see I’ve got myself a little fan on the dbd forums. Love that. As for the post regarding the bot it was a question. And I don’t think I should be shamed for interacting with the community of a video game I’m passionate about through discussions and debates on subjects regarding the game. And negative people like you is inevitable but I only see it as I’m producing meaningful discussions worth the engagements, so again, thank you!!

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited February 20

The people saying "it isn't seen often, it is not a problem" are wrong.

Something not being seen often is not a reasong for not touching it if that is OP.

Grim Embrace + Dead Man's Switch combo is not as popular as most of the people expected before the last patch dropped and it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be addressed.

In my games the combo is not one of the most frequents, but the few times it is used by someone it feels very unsatisfying to face, specially when survivors use it for free escapes.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant

To your first point...fair enough.

For the second paragraph it's not really pushback I'm giving. It's a discussion forum and I'm just giving my two cents.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

See, that's the type of thing that rubs me the wrong way.

You can't just call anyone who disagrees with you a Survivor main and call it a day.

You don't ever really engage with people who make counterpoints, you only either respond to people agreeing with you or to people upset withyou.

• concubined

Pulsy I just can’t escape you can’t I, you about to hit 20,000 posts, joined in 2019, clearly live breathe dbd forums, probably on here reading commenting scrolling more than you are on the game itself. Constantly checking up on my posts and reading all my comments with your fingers itching to type a response. I honestly see it as a win that every discussion I create has so much interactions, just telling me I’m talking about the right and most important stuff.

• RhysVMT

Your posts are hardly debates they're constant wailing and crying about survivor perks. I just think I see a post from you every day on here complaining about something different. Can't wait for someone to drop a pallet on your head running Power Struggle/Flip Flop/Boil Over and you be back on here again with another "let's talk about [x]".

Not replying any more to this thread anyway, gl hf in future games

• ScioNex
    ScioNex Member Posts: 22

u can play plague or legion if u truly dislike that playstyle, also stbfl can pretty much counter a lot of those since u farm stacks if u hit people even through endurance, hit and run wraith with sloppy will also work since u surprise people and keep them wounded, and tombstone myers also counter it since people that get in ur face basically means easy win, also its good survivors have something to use, if they wont have anything the game will be boring, there are plenty of tacitcs and builds to use which nobody uses.

• RhysVMT

Nah bro get that combo gone. Why? A high mmr SWF used it VS her when she was obviously slugging so now it needs to be removed. If she's 4king like she claims every game anyway I don't see why it's an issue amirite

• Selfpreservated
    Selfpreservated Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 62

Two perks that were never used by anyone finally see some light PLS LET THEM HAVE THIS.

DS was a problematic perk for years until it was changed and so was Obj. of obsession/Infinites/Pain resonance/ETC. PLS LET THIS ONE SLIDE ZARINA IS FINALLY A MUST HAVE WHEN UNLOCKING NEW SURVIVORS VERY DIFFERENT FROM WHEN SHE WAS IN THE ABYSS CAUSE OF RED HERRING + OLD OFF THE RECORD PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY CONSIDERING buying CHAINS OF HATE CHAPTER

If they nerf this they should nerf the synergy betweem them two instead of making the perks worse, This effect will deactivate if the healer its in the broken status effect, does not inflict broken or making (buckle up) or not working when the surivor has been recently downed (3 seconds max) since the only way of healing in this amount of time its with ftp

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Not sure if I'm supposed to be insulted or not, hard to figure out meaning from text sometimes.

Unfortunately, I do play the game more than I vibe here. I've actually slowed down both my playtime and Forum usage as of late, so I really only respond to stuff that intrigues me, in some manner.

I did notice you never actually responded to my point. You can't just say anyone who disagrees is a Survivor main, even if you had a point (which I think you do, on some level), that puts your entire argument in a bad light.

• BoxGhost
    BoxGhost Member, Mod Posts: 1,290

Hi, I'm closing this thread due to increasing tensions with some comments.

This discussion has been closed.