Have BHVR devs ruined DBD for survivors?

Options
Lit
Lit Member Posts: 42
edited February 20 in General Discussions

Does it seem as a solo survivor, that you're losing almost every game right now?

Honest question, not trying to make a point etc. I'm noticing in every match I play killer, I'm usually able to kill 2-3 people every time. Hardly sweating it just seems to be easy-ish...

When I play survivor, it seems the team mates I'm with are struggling to maintain a single chase for longer than 8-10 seconds. My MMR is in the top level bracket - just shy of 4k hours (but played since DBD inception back in 2016).

With the consistent middle finger to survivors (removing MFT, stopping gen regression, mangled/haemorrhage changes etc) and buffs for killers (5% gen regression, consistent perk increases, STBFL maintaining its impact even after nerf etc), and with even more buffs coming in this current PTB for killers (blight getting extra bounce on his amazing addon etc), how are people finding it?

I'm just seeking numbers/experience of those gamers who play this game frequently since the changes - have you found it harder to play survivor or easier/same - and do killers find it easier to kill people?

Do you miss the old DH/DS combo, like... that was the peak of game enjoyment right? or was it miserable for killers - or do Killers miss that?

Comments

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,744
    Options

Im about little under 2000 hours in and i think survivors gotta slightly easier with the hud. It still very difficult to excape and some days i do find it impossible to excape. They say the win rate 40% but don't include DCs which happen every 5 games on average in my experience (that's being generous). They don't wanna balance off DCs so i understand it not being in the stats but survivors are losing way more than the numbers show because of this.

My win rate with killer is about 75% to 80% on average. ( i play about half of the killers consistently throughout a given week)

my excape rate with survivor around 35% (including DCs)

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

As for the balance, I would say that it is currently decent.

One top-level survivor, who was once a professional killer, says on a livestream that he has a 60% chance of survival.

• felipesegatto1
    felipesegatto1 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 95
    Options

yes they did

• felipesegatto1
    felipesegatto1 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 95
    Options

im at the same spot! i stopped playing but i still didnt let go

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

Your words are true.

The first reason why SWF is more advantageous than soloQ is in communication, but the second reason is that you are blessed with friends who are not influenced by MMR.

SoloQ isn't all that bad in this game right now.

The bad thing is that you are forced to work with selfish survivors who are holding your friends back and people who are less familiar with the theory.

• ScioNex
    ScioNex Member Posts: 22
    Options

4men is not the power role, Comp killers will beat Comp teams on pubs either way, its very balanced there is no power role at the moment. unless u want to subjectively talk about nurse/blight which are the power role.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 842
    Options

Well just yesterday in a span of 3 hours I escaped like 3 matches out of 10. Lol! But idc. I never take this game seriously anyways as a solo q survivor. Now some killers probably take it seriously but that's on them. But when I do play killer, it's fairly easy to 3 to 4k since you depend on yourself so that's not surprising.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I only play solo and while I definitely die more matches than I escape, I still escape fairly often and already hit rank 1 (not that it means much) playing purely solo queue. I think the game is at a good place now after years of being far too survivor sided and I say that as a person who mostly plays survivor when I do play DBD

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,879
    Options

At one stage I was averaging just under a 60% escape rate. Recently, it's moreso down to 45%-50%.

I put this down to me hitting a skill ceiling where the Killer is far stronger. My team mates are varied, certainly. However, no more different than usual in the scope of skillset.

The problem from my perspective is generally the Survivor players who give up. If those players had the resilience to continue, many games could have different results. It's tough to change when much is down to attitude.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 395
    Options

It's literally only gen defence perks and genrush perks, proxy camping and tunneling

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,023
    Options

Given that the solo escape rate is at the spot that devs wants it to be and their tendency to rely on stats to make their game balance decisions, perhaps they're just treating the solo queue complaints as the loud minority?

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 375
    Options

I for one have an absolute blast playing SoloQ and shall therefore disregard this problem entirely, for that's how it works.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,055
    Options

It is a strong perk. People don’t use it because most survivors are bad and don’t know how to time flashlights.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

that's definitely not the higher MMR solo surv experience :D

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125
    Options

Game is in a much better state than few years ago when Survivors had stupid strong stuff (insta bnp, insta heal, old DS, old DH, infinite loops, saboing all hooks on the map without respawning, being able to deny one killer from his power by perma saboing traps, instablinds etc.). Not to mention old vault "speed" of killers, old pick up and old pallet break animations for killers. It took years and a rapid decline in killer population to flatten things out. Game is in a much healthier state now that Survivors lost their god-like state. They are still pretty strong in a coordinated group or even as 4 decent solos. Solo can be frustrating at times, but it's not as bad as people portray it (39% or whatever the escape rate was is still fine). I think the overall problem with DBD is that the game just gets dull after some time. Which is normal, considering it is almost 8 years old. New chapters don't create any sort of hype for me since several years now. There is no real innovation in Killer powers anymore (okay, maybe Singularity) and the playstyle overall gets repetitive. This is why I stopped playing the game. Oh, and the new Killer looks like #########. Cheers Bhvr!

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 140
    Options

killer-wise, my matches are mostly fair and I don't feel like I'm being mismatched. I don't expect to get out every match or to be able to loop every killer, some players are just better.

however, I don't escape much and it's usually related to my solo queue team being as inefficient as possible and playing in a manner that's flat out detrimental to the macro of the match

so for me, solo queue sucks

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,354
    edited February 21
    Options

Not sure if you're aware but rank/grade doesn't really indicate anything besides you played a lot that month.

For matchmaking purposes you could be with the baby players while iri or be with the top while ash or brown because you didn't play much that particular month.