Slugging for 4k

Options
menacing_goose
menacing_goose Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 111
edited February 28 in Feedback and Suggestions

Can we add a force bleed out option between the last two survivors if the killer is slugging for a 4k. I get people want to win and what not but I’d rather not have my time wasted and move onto my next match because some sweaty killer absolutely needs the 4k and doesn’t want to risk a hatch escape…

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Yeah I find slugging for 4k really irritating so I would like an option like this or just remove the hatch completely. Though the latter will never happen so I would like to be able to concede and move on to the next match rather than potentially spend 4 minutes on the ground stuck in a match that is over.

The hatch mechanic is the underlying problem though... but I will make it clear when I play killer I never slug for the 4k unless they were very toxic and I feel I don't want anyone to get out (very rare).

I don't really blame the killer but at times I do think to myself 'do you have nothing better to do pal?' when they waste so much of their and my time looking for that last person

• menacing_goose
    Options

That’s why I said option a survivor isn’t gonna wanna give a rat a chance for hatch either if they haven’t done anything all match

• menacing_goose
    Options

If you’re that concerned over it being a hatch offering and it won’t be a 50/50 if you’re so worried about a single hatch escape which isn’t guaranteed you care fat too much for the game the one extra kill quite literally isn’t doing anything for you since a 3K is a win anyway

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    Options

I'm really not sure why the devs haven't gone back to this issue. Basekit unbreakable fail and they decided to just move on to other things.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

What are they meant to do? Run into your Ultimate Weapon or do all the gens..?

• menacing_goose
    Options

Hatch offering close hatch get 4K challenge done and realistically and respectfully speaking as well why should I have to lay on the floor for a challenge when if I get caught doing a challenge half the time a killer wouldn’t care either 🤔

• menacing_goose
    Options

My whole point though is that if I’m being slugged I don’t want to wait until I bleed out to get to my next match just because the killer wants a 4k though so you completely ignored my point and assumed that I put myself in the shoes of the last survivor wanting hatch

• mikewelk
    Options

No, I definitely didn't miss the point you were making. I'm asking you what survivors are meant to do when killers are slugging for the 4k which is what this discussion is about, so let's not deflect.

• joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 131
    edited February 27
    Options

absolutely against it. You are talking about time ( or no time ingame ) and playing a computer game. That is so counterproductive

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 271
    Options

At this point, if killers really NEED that 4k because hatch is unfair, requires 0 skill or their families have being kidnapped and their lives depend on that 4k...can we have a give up button that let us move to the next match while we are replaced by a bot?? So they can still have that absolutely necessary 4k?

That would let them play like now but at least ppl wouldn't have to wait 3 years while bleeding out.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

What about staying on topic? You're quick to try and derail threads if it's anything anti-killer. Move along please.

• Vorahk08
    Vorahk08 Member Posts: 227
    Options

It's annoying, which is why I rarely do it. What are you thinking, though, with "force bleed out?" I don't quite understand the idea. Do you mean a way that a slugged survivor can kill themselves? In that case, the killer would still need credit for the kill, or this could be abused by toxic survivors, particularly sabo squads, given that slugging is a big counterplay to sabo squads. Currently, bleed outs don't count as kills, because BHVR doesn't want to incentivize bleed outs for killer.

I won't claim to understand killers who slug for the 4K, but it is a loophole to get around the hatch game.

I think the grading system might be a large part of it. Killer's get often get all red emblems for a 4K. Contrarily, killers can get a 3K and barely pip at all. It's a screwed up system, so changing how it works might help.

The game should generally emphasize more that a 3K is the killer's goal and is enough to be counted as a win. Too many people still consider a 4K to be their win condition. I pity them, honestly, because getting a 4K often comes down to luck.

• menacing_goose
    Options

Buddy I work a shift that takes up my entire day since the rest of that time will have to go to sleeping preparing for my next shift, I don’t see myself in the wrong for wanting to move onto my next match but can’t because a killer wants to leave me on the floor so he can look for the last survivor. I’m not sorry for not wanting to be held hostage in my free time when trying to play a game I enjoy 😐

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

But you didn’t earn a 4K. If you didn’t kill the last survivor you didn’t earn a 4K. Hatch exists because this is an assym game and survivors need an incentive to play through the end. Other assym games don’t have a hatch but contain similar mechanics. None of them have it where if you defeat 3/4 of the opposing players you’ve won so the 4th is just served to you on a platter. That sounds silly.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options

Except this point doesn’t work unless the final mechanic to determine if it’s a 3 or 4K is a factor of skill. DBDs difference is just a 50/50 who runs into it first. You’re gonna tell me the 4K wasn't earned because the killer lost the rng of walking into the hatch first or who it spawned in front of, really?

As far as the component of the game that is determined by skill and your choices if you get down to a hatch play the killer earned the 4K because the survivors lost to be at that point in the first place.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

There is a difference between winning in game and winning by domination.

I played against sabo squad, hooks denied. But then I was able to slug all of them. I already win (by dominating) at that point. I dont need to kill them.

hatch escaping is already a win for me (both dominating and in game rule with 3K). I dont get why should I need to make my MMR gained by double. Winning “harder” gives you nothing.

• Blueberry
    edited February 28
    Options

I don’t think there needs to be a distinguish between win and dominate. 3k with a hatch is a win and so is a 4K. Phrasing it as you are tries to make someone feel bad for playing the game as intended and going for a 4K.

My points were simply illustrating that the killer shouldn’t be the one solely blamed for slugging to get a 4K and also that if the game got to the point of a hatch escape being a factor that I would view that as the killer having “earned a 4K”, as at that point the only difference between 3 and 4K is a coin flip.

So the difference between win and dominating. If the killer got zero hooks and all 4 survivors are running out should we coin flip if the last survivor just gets auto placed on a hook as he runs out? I mean like you said the survivors still “won”, why the need to dominate? Why not give the killer a chance for a little since they already won.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

Defending the hook to secure 1 kill is probably the close situation to the hatch (not exact the same by mechanic). But with the right play, its possible for killer to get from 1K to 2-3K. Something that survivors are not able to do. 2 roles are not the same so you cant bring the flip coin of hatch mechanic and apply exact the same to the 4th survivor to flip coin to gate escape.

Im sure other 2 death survivors and the hatch escape one dont complain about the slugging. Its the slugged survivor wasting 4min doing nothing, this does not affect me since I can tab out and draw, along with I hope that 4K gains the killer's MMR to play against an "equal try that hard to win team".

Btw, I checked my 50 matches challenge as Myers, the hatch case happened in 29 matches, but hatch escaping were only 6 of them. So it is not 50/50. Killers have higher speed, and not in hiding so searching for hatch is probably on Killers' favor.

Im up for removing the hatch though. Increase the killrate by over 12% because there is no pity escape means nerf to killers. Can you image all the buff killers got for the last 2 years to only gain kill rate by 8%. Image the nerf they got to drop the kill rate by 12%.

• Vorahk08
    Options

People can feel free to call me petty for crawling away, but I'm still going to do it too. After recovering for BP, it's all a slugged survivor can do. Also, if survivors who crawl away are petty, then what are killers who slug for the 4K? A 3K + Hatch is just as much of a win as a 4K, except that 2 people got a favorable result instead of 1.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,729
    Options

Some challenges and adepts require a 4K. Sometimes people are actually doing it for a reason.

And yes, crawling to hide is still petty, since you don't get anything for doing it. All you do is take something away from the killer, who beat you. Slugging for the 4th isn't petty because they get extra BP/emblems/ MMR if they succeed.

• Vorahk08
    edited February 28
    Options

Survivors do actually get something for crawling away, because XP for survivors is based on how long they survive, and so is the "Unbreakable" emblem. Besides, the killer usually finds me anyway, and I often find survivors who crawl away as well. Full bleed outs from crawling away are extremely rare in my experience.

Crawling to hide can actually accomplish something, as it makes the killer second guess slugging for the 4K.

I considered adding this in my original post, but I also think that killer adepts should be made 3Ks because 4Ks are often random. Even with slugging for the 4K, the last survivor could still get the Hatch. It would make killer adepts, which are already quite difficult and would remain quite difficult, a little more equitable with survivor adepts, which just require you to get an escape. More people might try for killer adepts if this change was made, including me.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,418
    Options

not until hatch is removed

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,729
    edited February 28
    Options

Yeah a miniscule amount of xp means nothing if you were going to bleed out regardless, so I don't think that necessarily counts as something gained. Also Unbreakable emblem has pretty short milestones, with the longest being 9 minutes. Are you going to claim to keep track of exactly how long the match is, and that your time crawling into a bush in a corner puts you just over that threshold?

I do agree about adepts and challenges being reduced to a 3K though. That would fix a lot of problems people have with the slug/hatch issue on both sides.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    edited February 28
    Options
  • Vorahk08
    edited February 28
    Options

No, I don't time my matches. I mainly crawl away because it's something to do. I don't really think I'm going to bleed out and rob the killer of a kill or anything. Usually, I crawl to the edge because I hope I could wriggle out and run to the hatch, or I crawl to an area where the hatch could spawn. I have, very rarely, gotten out because I crawled away.

I believe that all of the benefits killers get, MMR, BP, and emblems, should be tuned to favor 3Ks over 4Ks, because they feel healthier and lead to quicker match ends. I've sacrificed most of my potential 4Ks to intentionally carry the last survivor to the hatch because I enjoy having that positive interaction with the survivor player.

I don't think that killers who 4K are toxic or do it maliciously. I just think the strategy is annoying, which is why I avoid it. When I do it, though, I do feel like I'm being kind of annoying because I'm extending the match while all survivors can do is crawl around. The main time where I have slugged for the 4K was to get my 1 killer adept (Xenomorph).

I'm not against slugging as as a strategy, either, but I do expect survivors who get slugged in my games to crawl away.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

3k and 4k are treated the same unless there are survivors who bagging killers or flashlight clicks on the hatches. Please blame them for not allowing 3k.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,418
    Options

🤝 not more gates but their spawns definitely could use some fixing. both gates on the same side of arp or suffo is only okay because of hatch.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

So, if the killer tunnels out the first survivor at 5 gens, the killer already won. Why not let the match just end with that first kill then?

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 377
    Options

Adept requires me to kill everyone. So no.

• Blueberry
    Options

Firstly, that doesn’t mean the killer already won.

Secondly, if one survivor is already out with 5 gens still up then those survivors probably need their mmr lowered because that isn’t happening unless they are significantly outclassed in skill.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    Options

No not really all I have to do is tunnel and I can end most games by 4 or 5 gens.

• menacing_goose
    Options

Last I checked it isn’t an absolute necessity to slug someone out to get a 4k 😃

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

Sometimes it is yes, when you have a challenge to complete that says “Eliminate 4 survivors in a single trial”

• MechWarrior3
    Options

They should address this when they address hiding survivors for 30 mins into a match just locker hopping, but you’re right. Don’t hold your breath.

• MechWarrior3
    Options

If the killer wants to get kill all 4 survivors, they should be able to. Period. Who cares how much they care or if they don’t. They paid for the game too. It’s THEIR game too.

• MechWarrior3
    Options

“What are survivors meant to do when killers are slugging for the 4K”

it’s simple. You bleed out while recovering. If you don’t want that to happen, bring perks that get you up or don’t go down. It would also be a good option to see how you could’ve played things better against that killer.

• Adrien
    Adrien Member Posts: 82
    Options

The "slug a survivor and try to find the last one standing for the 4 K" strategy can feel annoying from time to time, but let's not forget adept's challenge and some others.

Also I don't like restrictive rules, I think this kind of gameplay is not toxic. It is acceptable.

IMO the "give up" feature will just guarantee a free hatch escape for SWF and even some solo Q games(hatch offering + instant give up to give it).

My suggestion : add a 30 seconds "grace period" before the slugged survivor can kill themself. So killer can contest hatch in case of the presence of a hatch offering.

Sidenote : Some killers don't want to give a free hatch to a stealthy/toxic survivor. I don't blame them, I wish my stealthy useless teammate dies as well, otherwise their playstyle wouldn't be discouraged for further games.

After all, when the last survivor standing hides in a locker, they actively participate to this slow/boring end game.

The problem I have with those topics is that it always seems to be the killer's responsability.

Even if killer is the power role, survivors have a big impact as well.

• mikewelk
    Options

Okay so just chill there for four minutes whilst the killer is camping you (probably humping as well) or setting up a trash ambush to get their 'deserved' 4k. Got it.

What if you're not the one getting slugged and you know they are setting up an ambush? Run into the killer's arms because survivors don't deserve hatch?

The "don't go down" advice is pretty funny, thanks for the chuckle.

• MechWarrior3
    Options

It’s the killers objective to kill all 4 survivors. As a….wait for it…..Killer!

So yes, bleed out and wait, or like I said, improve your looping, bring perks that help you get up.

It’s something you have to deal with. It’s part of DBD.