Can we all agree glyph challenges should go?

Options
Nebula
Nebula Member Posts: 1,394

Most of them might as well just say “Go throw the game 1 time, do this in a single trial”

Comments

• KMainEZ
    KMainEZ Member Posts: 129
    Options

Lmao, i threw many games doing the fragile glyph. Soloq things

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

I agree they're very annoying but i dont think a small leniency couldn't fix the issue people have with them.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

I don't mind the glyph challenges except for the green one which i absolutely hate since they can be hard to find since they need to appear first and then you have to grab them before someone else does.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

You really don't have to throw to get them.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,958
    Options

I like the killer's orange glyph where it actually handicaps you until you get 6 hooks, it actually felt like I was playing hard mode and I enjoy a challenge. It makes me wish that there was a No Mither equivalent for killer more explicit than Dying Light.

Hate the white glyphs though

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 217
    Options

They are fine the way they are. Some challenges are difficult and an easy challenge is a breath of fresh air.

But do agree the green one's are a pain in the butt as you can here them form but struggle to find them.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 287
    Options

No glyph challenges are fine for both sides because they are easy to do since you will find them anyway during the match.

• white glyph is cool for 25.000 BP and typical you want to make it to the endgame so you get the 25.000BP -> it encourage survivors do make it to the endgame.
    • blue glyph's drawback is not a huge deal
    • yellow glyph is easy to do
    • green glyph encourages to do gens as survivor (so they support to do what survivors should do when not in chase)
    • orange glyph is a little challenge if you want as a killer
    • purple glyph is easy
    • red glyph is easy
    • pink glyph is the only glyph I would understand if someone say this is a problematic glyph but I find them funny since it is a little game.

In addition, we have more problematic tome challenges such as cleanse XX totems or open XX chests. These are the challenges that encourage survivors to throw the game, in my opinion.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 442
    Options

Need more glyph challenges for survivors, if anything. Otherwise it's just 24/7 gen rush.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,772
    Options

I don't mind them. I don't throw to do them though, I just deal with them as I come across them

• Alex_
    Alex_ Member Posts: 143
    Options

Survivor glyphs are fine. as a team of 4 you will in almost every game have a moment where one person can do the glyph. killer glyphs suck hardcore.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Aside from the orange and white Glyph, yes, Glyph-Challenges suck. Not because they are too hard or anything, they are hardly "challenges". But they are just "Play X amount of games" where "X" is the number of Glyphs + any number of games you did not complete the challenge in the Trial. This goes especially for blue and red Glyphs, but is also true for purple Glyphs (if they are really out of your way) and ESPECIALLY for green Glyphs which can take so many games to complete.

Orange and white Glyphs are fine, they are at least a bit of a challenge (even tho, this only applies losely to the white Glyph, but it can be a fun challenge to try to escape with it for the extra BPs).

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

Glyphs are fine, except Green and Orange ones, those suck. But the others are alright, they're barely an inconvenience, and I appreciate earning the points. If they folded Glyphs into Daily Rituals or an equivalent new feature, I'd be alright with it.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 793
    Options

Orange glyphs are the only ones that I hate.

Purple glyphs are kinda funny, especially when killers break off chase to get it like:

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,917
    edited February 26
    Options

Most players don't actually want challenges, they was a "Free Bloodpoints" button.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    Options

really depends on the glyphs... some are barely noticeable.

• That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 274
    Options

The only glyph I have a problem with are the green ones cause they take forever to do. And the amount that spawn feels random

• Nebula
    Options

Would like to add that it was the green and orange glyphs that pushed me to make this post 🤣

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 372
    Options

I have had so many memorable moments with killers due to green glyph shenanigans. They will always have a special place with me……and slowly turning to look at killer after getting hit to just go back and run for the glyph anyway.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

No. You can do glyph challenges as part of normal gameplay. If you're having to throw to complete them you're doing something very wrong.

• Seraphor
    edited February 27
    Options

Same goes for every challenge.

If you feel you have to throw a game to complete the challenge, that means you value the challenge over the game and aren't respecting the fact that it is supposed to be a 'challenge' to complete it.

When I have a White Glyph challenge for example, I won't even attempt it unless I'm reasonably sure I'll be able to escape (not passing up the bonus BP). If it takes me 10 games until I can do that so be it, better than screwing than the game and scoring less, plus missing out on the escape bonus.

Some of the most aggravating challenges like "unhook someone who unhooked you" can also seem like you have to throw, but only if you're trying to guarantee it in one game. Have the challenge equipped and you'll probably complete it naturally in about 4-5 games.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

Not really. Most glyph games I just go around playing the game as usual and eventually I stumble upon the glyph and it's just "oh cool, now I get some extra BP at the end of the match"

Unless it's the orange glyph. Hate that thing.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 571
    Options

Can we talk about this one?

Some glyph challenge don't need to throw a game for "nothing"

But this one, I swear to god, I'm gonna hate playing deathslinger

• Seraphor
    Options

Nurses Calling on Coldwind is your best bet without throwing or 'farming'.

• TerraEsram
    edited February 27
    Options

It doesn't work, survivor are not stupid, and they stop immediatly when they ear the terror radius,

and for adding sometimes more difficult, the challenge are bugged because even when sometimes you got it, that doesn't count

Post edited by TerraEsram on
  • tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 690
    Options

Nah. The Glyph ones aren't even the worst challenges.

There's one that has you survive a trial with only the perk Self-Care equipped. Maybe that was possible before it got nerfed, but it sure isn't possible now. I bet there are even worse examples hiding in the archive.

• TerraEsram
    Options

Yes, one

Survive a trial with only no mither equipped, I think it's the worst for survivor

Tome 11, chapter 3

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    Options

I think people's tendency of trying to rush these challenges are the only reason ppl throw to get it done. Opening 5 chests is pretty simple if you just try to open 1 or 2 during the match. Do that for 3 or 4 matches and you're done. You'll find useful stuff for that match. If you try to stack coin offerings for extra chests so you can do it in 1 match... NOW it's a waste of time because you aren't even using any of the stuff.

• Bedslamb
    Bedslamb Member Posts: 70
    Options

when i get a challenge like that I usually add extra chests , appraisal & the Ace chest perk , then leave the loot(s) near gens for folks to use , otherwise feels a bit dull

• Caiman
    Options

I too like to play as a loot goblin when I'm feeling bored as survivor. I really wish I had a perk that made opening chests faster so I could loot harder.

• Nebula
    Options

I've been wishing for a perk like this for so long hahahaha

• Bedslamb
    Options

i thought there was a perk that made opening chests faster ?

• Bedslamb
    Options

Quentin's perk Pharmacy helps you open chests faster ( and maybe quieter ? )

• Nebula
    Options

That’s sadly one of like the 5 or so perks I don’t have on survivor :/

• Caiman
    Options

Pharmacy does but only while you're injured and it only gives you medkits.