If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Rift is too easy now....

Options
Alen_Starkly
Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,024
edited March 1 in Feedback and Suggestions

Before the recent update to rift fragments per challenge (3 and 5 going to 5 and 8), my sister, who plays very casually has always just managed to finish every rift. It felt just right. However, with this new update, the rift seems too easily complete-able.

And with this 4x rift gain activation (with 40 days left in the rift btw), the rift is so easy to speedrun through. The pacing of the rift is ruined imo, and it very quickly leaves active players with very little left to do. Reaching that specific tier to complete the outfit you want is really satisfying. However, since you can finish the rift way too fast, you lose things to strive for .

What motivates my sister the most to play are the tome challenges mostly, but also rift progression. What motivates Otzdarva the most are challenges that he (usually) comes up with. That's what keeps the game fun for him.

I also love progressing through the rift, and achieving things. But if you make the things way too easy to achieve, people get BORED. I really encourage you to re-think your approach with the rift/tomes. Especially since people find it much more easily to use in-game challenges to keep themselves engaged/busy, than coming up with their own (like Otz).

Fortnite, for example, has 200 tiers, bonus rewards, etc. It keeps me engaged and wanting to play throughout the whole season. I love grinding and achieving things.

DBD in comparison offers too little of that. The motivation to play plummets often. People go to other games that do have things to achieve, or challenge them.

Thank you for reading :)

Comments

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    edited March 1
    Options

Time-limited never returning battle passes are poor practice:

• The date of expiry is set, progression is a set constant, but each individual players availability is variable.
    • Players with too little availability may simply not engage with the battlepass or become frustrated at an inability to reach a goal dictated by forces outside their control.
    • Players with too much availability unlock it too quickly, and the retention from a feeling of progress is lost just as quickly.
    • Once expired and removed that is content that future players cannot engage with, a loss of possible player retention.

It would not surprise me if rifts become permanent at some point.

They already have a decent model with the Tomes.

• Alen_Starkly
    Options

I wholeheartedly suggest that you read the original post on this topic that I wrote (aka scroll up). It seems like you didn't read through it thorougly. I explain my whole perspective there 😉

All of your questions in your reply are answered in it, you just need to fully read it.

• Alen_Starkly
    Options

There is nothing constructive in your reply. I presented a thorough perspective in my post, gave a lot of info. My intention is to make the rift more engaging and fulfilling for people.

• Alen_Starkly
    Options

My sister plays DBD very sparsely and has always managed to complete the rifts naturally (since the first major buff to it a few years ago). If she can do it at her pace, then anyone who plays a decent amount can.

More points that come to mind:

1) Maxing out the rift is a good incentive for people to play DBD more. It ultimately benefits BHVR and has a pontential to earn them more money

2) If you really cannot max out the rift because you really play that rarely, then you can always buy the missing levels with auric cells. I buy missing levels in Fortnite and I am perfectly fine with that. I complete the battle pass, AND I support a game I love.

I feel like it's a fair trade: you give a company (e.g. BHVR) playtime and money, while in return they give you rift rewards etc. If BHVR is fine with their newest rift practices, then good for them. But I feel like they're mismanaging this and missing out on both playtime and earnings. And less playtime means people gravitating away from DBD for other games, they invite friends to play DBD less, they promote DBD less and engage with DBD content less (streams, twitter posts, merch, etc.)

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 510
    Options

You are complaining about the event that has the purpose of helping people unlock more cosmetics in pass because your feeling of progression or w/e satisfaction factor is not getting fulfilled for personal reasons.

This event will last for few days. If you don't like it, wait until it's over and come back later.

• Alen_Starkly
    Options

What I wrote is NOT about me, yo. It's about the whole community, BHVR as a company, as well as how much players engage with DBD. Please do not comment on posts if you do not care to thorougly read through the text. You are twisting what I'm trying to convey here, and I do not appreciate it.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,325
    Options

Let's keep the discussion civil and constructive, it's ok to have different opinions.

Thank you.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 240
    Options

The new challenges are way better than the old ones for two reasons:

- Players with less time can also finish the rift faster without pressure.

- Second, better simple challenges than stupid and throw challenges. Throw the match as survivor and cleanse 20 totems or open 6 chests. Hide within 10meters of the killer terrorradius for 120seconds = follow the killer and do nothing. Killer challenges don't force the player to throw the game but challenges such as hook 4 survivors in basement complete this in one challenge or hook 4 survivors during EGC are annoying and take sometimes ages. Also destroy XX paletts, that's just boring.

If you want real challenges, do your own challenges like @MikaelaWantsYourBoon already suggested. There are many funny challenges you can do such as an All-Perk-Streak, Theme build, your own randomperk challenge ect. They can be really funny.

Overall, QoL changes are always welcome because even though you don't need them, there are other players that need them. The rift is also a way to earn things cheaper and to just motivate the players to play the game a little bit more than usual (and of cause to spend 10bucks for the piggy bank)

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,261
    Options

I sometimes don't play enough DBD to complete every rift, so I'd rather the rifts be easier to complete.

The problem is that everyone I know in real life that likes PvP games, only wants to play competitive PvP games that are tournament ready. They specifically like ranked modes, being about to see their rank, and seeing how they compare to the rest of the world (a lot of these games will have known rank distributions, like "16% of the players are at gold rank"). DBD is not one of these games. This game is so unbalanced, that competitive games have a huge custom ruleset, that is so different from public games, that it doesn't even feel like the same game.

As a result, whenever there is a long period of time when my friends ask me to play games with them, it's never this game, and I don't complete that DBD rift. And I know there is a 0% chance any of my friends will start playing this game, if it doesn't have a ranked mode with visible ranks.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 267
    edited March 1
    Options

Good, ppl who can't play much also have the right to get rewards without turning the game into a job.

For those more dedicated to the game, I think prestiges should give better rewards.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,711
    Options

in my expirience the only people who think something like this is bad are the people who have the time to play and dont want others to also get what they get

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,555
    Options

A good solution to this would be bHVR to put additional much harder challenges not on the main lines but on side paths.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 339
    Options

Extra challenges, adding repeated rewards after completing the rift, and weekly and monthly rituals.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804
    Options

This ^

Im taking 4 studio art classes and 1 gen ed in college. The past 3 weeks Ive been spending in the studio making art and Ive barely had any free time. Im really happy that BHVR has made the Rifts easier since I can grind the Rift without sacrificing my grades (or vice versa).

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,268
    Options

Very happy they reduced the grind.

The rift still needs a lot of time playing to finish it.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,024
    Options

Wait until you get a job, then you will be happy with less grind each month...

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

I have mostly unlimited free time and I feel like it's in a good spot. I don't want to live on the game and have the grind be like old school MMORPG.

I don't want it handed to me either, but it should be doable by playing two matches a day or so.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,598
    Options

Even when I had the free time to essentially play 24/7, I still thought that grinding through the rift was a boring slog. I'm very happy to see that they are taking steps to reduce the grindy parts of the game.

844448 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Two things to consider :

Rift shouldn't be the incentive to play, gameplay should be the reason and incentive

Being too easy doesn't mean everyone else does it at your pace, some players may be much slower than you

• tubalcane
    tubalcane Member Posts: 149
    Options