The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Giving up on first hook needs to be made into a punishable offense

Zaydin
Zaydin Member Posts: 275

Given letting yourself die on the first hook is throwing the game to the Killer simply due to having a tantrum because you got downed.

Had a Dwight do exactly that when we had three generators done.

Comments

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,231
    edited March 1

I have someone give up on first down earlier with the final 3 gens at around 80% each. Of course that snowballed into a loss. Some of the things people give up over are crazy.

• mugi
    mugi Member Posts: 54

I challenged the 4% probability about 100 times last month. Unfortunately, I failed many skill checks. However, I still went to the foggy woods today. We always have the right to challenge the slightest possibility. And even if the skill checks didn't go well, that is not a sin.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 406

It is hard to deal with. The issue I would have with developing a way to punish would be difficult. What if they are hoping for the Kobe moment? What if they got into game and needed to leave for a reason, but did not want the negative effect from just dc’ing? The one way to handle it would be reevaluating the self unhook mechanic itself. It is something that they should look into especially with how high the suicide on hook rate most likely is.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,528

It does fall under griefing but the devs don't penalise players for it. Their reasoning was, that it's impossible to force players to play the game (could also be that players that try to kobe would be reported) and while they aren't completely wrong, it would help for these things to be taken away so that people can't give up on whim anymore. That would pretty much force them to reflect a bit and may even stop some players from giving up that easily.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

Yeah it basically is throwing the match and ruins it for everyone. It's like, the matches aren't even that long anymore. Just play it out and if you can't then consider an alternative game that isn't so frustrating to the point where you just give up instantly.

• SuperCop
    SuperCop Applicant Posts: 137

Only reason to is if you're in dire situation where everyone's down etc. I mean you actually have a reason to, then and sometimes you get lucky and 4%. Happened to me few times.

One time it happened I literally saved the team. At least for a while. Don't remember how that match ended.

• krazy_ivan
    krazy_ivan Member Posts: 43

I agree, we all have the right to go for the 4% and hope for the best, and we all miss skill checks. However to say "I went for the 4% and immediately failed 2 simple skill checks in a row by mistake" is being disingenuous, this is giving up on hook simple as that.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,260

Rather than punish them, they should implement some code that keeps track of how often they Suicide when more than three gens are left and have matchmaking pair them up with like minded players. That way they can ruin each other’s games.

• mugi
    mugi Member Posts: 54

I'll share my experience, although it's a bit off-topic.

When I attempted the 4% chance, some of my teammates got angry and bullied me. There were even some who, despite being chased by the killer, pursued me. The scene was so ridiculous and amusing. At that time, I believe my rating was reasonably high. However, since I had absolutely no interest in the outcome of the ritual, I didn't feel any distress even when harassed. And I think to myself a little bit like this: I want to be bullied again.

Unfortunately, currently, my rating is at its lowest. Since only bot killers and beginners participate in the rituals I join, my wish cannot be fulfilled. Additionally, increasing my rating would bring disadvantages for me, so I'm not considering trying to raise it now.

By the way, my previous average waiting time was over four minutes, but now it's 30 seconds.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,088

I would like to but it’s a non reportable offense yeah?

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 559

Maybe they should just remove the possibility to ######### on hook on the 1st stage and leave it only for 2nd stage when there is only 2 survivors left. I also think they should remove the kobe altogether if you're not running deliverance

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026

It means that we will make a request to the management to make it possible.