How you feel about current DbD as Survivor?

Options

Are you happy with current version of DbD? Do you think devs care about your role? And why you are happy/unhappy about game, what is your reasons?

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Except few killers, i am really not seeing people suicides that much. They usually try to play game but it happens here and there.

And yeah old tomes was worst. Hide in killer's TR for 120 seconds, cleanse 20 totems, search 10 chests etc. They were really asking survivors to throw the game.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

I see it way to often. Even on streamers. Otz did a video about upgrading his pc, in the background a survivor suicides on the first hook against Myers, when there is only 1 gen left.

For me, the Archives are killing the purpose of the mmr. Players constantly play bad, because they need to finish a challenge. I usually take Bond and the things i see my teammates do...

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 497
    Options

I'm still waiting for some good or at least interesting survivor perks to be added. All the recent perks seem like they are built so they aren't good enough to affect the game's balance. As if anything looks even remotely strong, the community reacts with hysteria.

The most recent ones are basement self-care, basement deliverance and two minutes of sitting in the basement doing nothing. The first two are just worse versions of perks we already have, and the third one is basically throwing the match whilst being extremely bored.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,099
    edited March 2
    Options

Good perk, if you mean to be on the same tier to old meta, its not going to happen. DH, DS, incoming Adrenaline.

Its mostly up to your creativity in perk combo build for survivors by now. This is not happening + Deadline + Hyper focus for example. You know what I mean.

Though its not possible since killers suggest you to stack nerfed anti tunneling perks. So pretty much survivors still stuck with the old Meta, but nerfed, because there is no other alternate version of them.

Post edited by C3Tooth on
  • CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 516
    Options

As a solo queue Survivor main, I take it day by day. Some days are good and some days are bad. Whatever happens, I know I'll get all Survivors to P9 eventually, and then I'll start grinding my main (Dwight) to P100. I don't know if there's anything the devs can do that will change the general outcome of games, or escape/kill ratios.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,800
    Options

Current matchmaking is weird. That's all I have to say.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,789
    edited March 2
    Options

The game still fun for the most part. i feel killer and swf is a blast to play still. i can usually play for 4 to 5 hours and not get bored. As for that other role i don't won't to speak on it really anymore. but I'll sum up the state in killer terminology. solo q isn't viable!

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 497
    Options

Admittedly I do find myself devoting most of my loadout to dealing with the worst aspects of the game, which leaves very little room for creativity. I'm just hoping the DS change is strong enough that I can just run that one perk and don't have to run two or three anti-tunnel perks just to deal with that playstyle.

I'll take some meme perks if BHVR has any more of them ready to go. If they released a perk that made survivors fart when they fast vault, I'd run it. I'll take funny and bad perks over decent boring ones.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

Since all the killers have retired, only the advanced killers are left alive.

When I play Survivor, I'm always soloQ, facing powerful killers under the influence of inferior MMR, and I get fed up every time my fellow survivors give up on winning.

On the other hand, when playing with familiar survivors, the killer is weak and pitiful, and the game is always one-sided.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

It's at a good place for survivor, solo survivor is still a bit of a ######### show at times but with all the info survivors now have at their disposal, if that doesn't help dramatically improve things then nothing will (it does help to some extent).

I prefer it being less survivor sided than it was for many years until now

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,096
    Options

Insert your own caption.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 440
    Options

I'm relatively content with survivor at least when it comes to how the devs are treating the role, I do wish devs were bolder with their perk design if every perk was like a boon, invocation or trap and then pushed to actually be good I think the game would be a lot more interesting for survivor.

I think a lot of my frustration comes from other survivors, lately the amount of times I will take the killer on a minute plus chase and we still don't win because my teammates last 15 seconds in chase, die purposefully on hook, refuse to touch a gen, or sandbag me both accidentally and on purpose to get me killed is incredible.

If these people spent half the time getting good at survivor as they do complaining about survivor being too weak soloQ would be a much better place.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 441
    Options
  • xltechno
    Options

The biggest tragedy is that the truth doesn't reach their eyes or ears, and they keep "complaining loops". Any survivors that it would be better to practice using "palette loops" are welcome.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 440
    Options

Usually around 32-54 although on a bad day it can go up to 60-75.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 381
    Options
  • Hermit
    Options

Ok, I really hope, your personal experience stays like thus. Have fun in your games and cherish it.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 441
    Options

32 is really nice. Good ping makes survivor errors very forgiving. I feel that bhvr balance towards survivors that are invincible the moment they vault a window.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,800
    Options

They include survivors who give up on hook in kill rates, yet don't include games where someone DCs. I would assume because the likelihood of everyone else dying in those games is very high and would probably increase the kill rates further. Including some deaths but not others probably balances out in their book.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,990
    Options

Mine's been decent.

Most people play casually in my mmr it seems.

Escape rate about 50%, goes to 40% if I get multiple campers/tunneled, which rarely happens.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

And just because devs want it with this way, i have to be happy about it?

• Hermit
    Options

Well, it is their game, they decide, how they want it to be and they have been aiming for this for years now. Remember, they are also happy how their MMR is working ;)

I've been quiting quite a lot of games in my gaming career so far, because I didn't like the way their devs handled them. That's just the way it is.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

It's their game true and that's their forum which supposed to take feedback from customers.

And me and many of people are just keep telling them we are not happy with their bad balance decisions.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 479
    Options
  • xltechno
    Options

Even if you are not serious about the game, you can still learn the rules. And it is possible to learn theory to some extent. Rather, it would be more difficult to be completely indifferent to such advantageous information.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,638
    Options

Everyone has their own experience but me personally survivor is okay because my solo games haven’t been terrible the past month.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,764
    Options

Honestly the game is fine peoples usual complaints about games being unwinnable doesn’t really bother me because I never play to win