When will survivors get good news?

Options
felipesegatto1
felipesegatto1 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 95

It’s been two years since survivors lost most perks, got 90 seconds gens, lost medkits, bnps, DH, CoH, lost prove thyself, gen tapping, and infinite other nerfs. Although the HUD and basekit BT were great, we never got anything good in these last two years, except MFT, which was nerfed soon. Will survivors ever have something good to expect from the game? Or are we just punchbags for killers to have fun while we enter in matches that are hopeless 80% of the time?

Comments

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 483
    Options
  • RhysVMT
    RhysVMT Member Posts: 107
    Options

DH and BNP are still very much good. Whilst I'm in agreement survivor is pretty miserable rn we still have some tools that are strong. DS is good and is on the roadmap for a buff, adrenaline, windows, BU/FTP, BGP/Lithe very good exhaustion perks, Off the Record for tunnelling

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,780
    Options

Yes his addons are still good, I don't think they wanted to make them useless. Whether he is still strong or not doesn't change to fact that it's still a nerf.

Hopefully the upcoming changes are a nerf. I assume they would be.

Anyway if you want let's just agree to disagree. Otherwise we'll just derail this into a Blight thread.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

So, let's make the survivor go down in a 20 second chase, make the generator complete in 50 seconds, and make it so that if the killer kicks the generator, it will break by 50%. This will save you a lot of time while maintaining balance.

The only way you survivors can enjoy the chase is by facing the task of completing the generator. Don't forget. If that's not the case, then you shouldn't be fun dbd in the first place.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,231
    Options

"You survivors" buddy ive been a killer main since day one im not sure where you're getting at? I'm not saying it should be that short, I'm saying BHVR needs to add something else to go with the gens and THEN shorten gens and make the other objective a more interactive one, I personally want maps increased in size with across the board buffs for both sides, this is a damn video game it's supposed to be fun not a snoozefest because some people cry to these devs for more nerfs when in reality they just suck at the game and BHVR has catered to that, the fact people want more for solo survivor when the hud tells you everything blows my mind I mean can they not read? And some people still think gens are too fast lmao what a joke that is

• Paternalpark
    Options

These are meta perks everyone runs as they don't require a ridiculous amount of preamble to get value.

No one wants to keep using these perks just to have a hope at getting to end game.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I love how people mention a killer sided map like it's a benefit to survivors. Maybe if the killer is a bottom 5 M1 killer.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862
    edited March 5
    Options

Chile. This game is on a downward spiral. I just use this game mostly as a dress up simulator at this point.

• Paternalpark
    Options

Yeah and nurse is worse then Freddy somehow?

Devs said take stats with a pinch of salt. Here people using them as holy scripture.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    edited March 5
    Options

Funny, because killers use the same stats to ask for survivor perks to be nerfed. If they're in the top 10 they think they need to be nerfed. I remember when Prove got nerfed and we were going through one of the strongest regression/gen kick metas.

So the same could be said about all the people asking for WoO and Adrenaline to be nerfed on account of them being top 10 perks, despite the stats having no associated escape percentage.

• Paternalpark
    Options

Yeah they don't say what side wins using which perks, just win rates and perk usage.

WoO is popular but only to tier survivors make it strong hence why things should be taken as a loose guideline.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    Options

Sure but if a killer has 60+ % killrate across low and high MMR, I think it's irrefutable that they are in a good spot.

• Paternalpark
    Options

Yes, it's the best Stat data we've got. You can say this side is doing better and look as to why is working or why the other sides perks are not helping.

But with so many other factors it's a river with many joining streams. You can't say just one stream is poisoned, therefore the river is to.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,866
    Options

You got the DS buff coming but that about it. Survivors definitely need more things to get hype for like new items.

But i really don't understand why survivors list every single thing that ever been nerf on their side in alphabetical order. It's equivalent to seeing a killer crying about every single gen regression perk that got gutted.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    Options

I mean you are speculating, we can't really know what percentage of suicides happen. Like should me letting go on hook to give last survivor a chance at hatch also count as suicide?

And what if even when you take out the suicides certain killers still have like 65% killrate? You'd need for BHVR to remove all the games where suicides occured and maybe even then it would also remove the games where the result would be 3k+ regardless of suicides from the sample.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    Options

I know best thing to do is just have fun in chase and get saves no point in trying to escape.

• felipesegatto1
    felipesegatto1 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 95
    Options

this is just gaslighting. besides FTP BU, few months of MFT everything was just a huge nerf. Antifacecamp just doesnt do anything, and anti 3gen is just a huge survivor nerf. all new perks are useless. we didnt get any siginificant buffs since HUD and basekit BT, removing hook grabs was nice, but I would rather not have any of this, and still have things the way they were before