I am so god damn sick of every game revolving around tunneling

Options

Whether it's me or someone else on my team being tunneled, I'm so Fing sick of it. It is the most boring waste of time ever. Nothing makes me want to uninstall more, and I main killer. Any time I play survivor, it's for the latest Tome, and it is the most unbearable slog of tunneling matches ever.

Killer tunnels the first person he finds. If its you, you really have no chance of even getting your team out because they are casual. If its someone else, oh cool, I get to sit on a gen all match. Or more likely, the guy kills himself on hook, and really, can I blame them?

And don't give me this crap about "YOU NEED TO TUNNEL GEN RUSH TOO STRONG". In these matches, the killer is tunneling at 5 gens. They tunnel, tunnel, tunnel even if a single gen hasn't been done 5 minutes into a match. I'm so Fing bored of having to run a full anti-tunnel build just to be able to do something as easy as "finish 2 generators". And the anti-tunnel build doesn't even work very well.

Okay, maybe the literal 0.5% of killers need to tunnel. But the 99.5% others who are tunneling the first hook with no gens done? Holy crap it is so boring.

When is something actually going to be done about this obnoxious strategy?

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited March 13
    Options

Honestly I'm very fine if BHVR decide to literally just disable survivor hitbox once they are hooked, as more or less they must balance around that afterwards.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 643
    edited March 13
    Options

Batteries is a counter to the survivors basic method of taking killers to completed areas where all the pallets are available. To guarantee that a killer wastes their time.

Batteries will make it so those areas aren’t totally safe. So survivors actually have to use our brain by being attentive of that, and playing around that.

Batteries is nothing like old MFT. Which made us faster as long as you’re injured. For The People + Buckle Up + MFT.

I would run MFT + Dark Theory with map offerings like Midwich, and Meat Plant. The synergy MFT had was insane, man.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

So u want that Survivors can sit for free on Gens when they got unhooked ? yep nice Balance but then plz dont wondering why no1 is playing Killer anymore except Nurse Mains 🤷🏻‍♀️

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

so u are compairing a busted Perk that was active everywhere on the Map when u was injured whit a Perk that is only activate in the radius of a finished Gen ?

No Killer whit Braincells will chase a Survivor on a Finished Gen as a Killer u always need to chase Survivors in the near of unfinished Gens to have pressure

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 440
    Options

Just play killer, q times will be horrid and bhvr will have to adjust. It's what I'm doing.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 372
    Options

I have played 3 nights straight of spreading hooks and making the experience enjoyable for both sides. The experience was quite enjoyable. I still gained decent bp. The downside is after the grade reset I will need to stomp some people until grade 1 iredescent again. If it was playtime alone to get maximum reward then some, not all, might just enjoy the game rather than grind for the bp gains.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,201
    edited March 13
    Options

They can simple refute your emotions by saying "I'm a killer not a hooker" though. That's the hard counter argument to that. Rushing gens to do your objective is the same as killer kills to do their objective. You can't blame the player for playing that way, they're just doing their objective. The classic "you want me to stand still or something" (when someone says gen rush) can also be said the other way around. Objective is kills, the killer kills, kills kills kills.

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250
    Options

Start running antitunnel peks.

• RhysVMT
    RhysVMT Member Posts: 107
    Options

Nah sorry lemme rephrase a little. I wasn't saying MFT didn't deserve a nerf, it did, it was busted obviously. The logic of nerfing it on the premise of "it punishes the player for doing their job" was correct. You hit me in chase, you're punished cos now I move 3% faster, doesn't make sense. My point was they nerfef MFT on this principle, then add perks that contradict this balance philosophy on the killers side (I spend a couple minutes completing a generator, the KILLER is rewarded for me doing it)

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,329
    Options

Does this have any footage? I saw only a spreadsheet and will welcome any footage. For example I have gotten up to 35 wins as slinger (without slowdown btw), and my conclusion was that it took me 35 games to get people who knew how to play because god damn my survivors would struggle against a goldfish in a chess match. Like I got 4ks as slinger in garden of joy, if a team is decent at the very least, a slinger should NEVER get a 4k in GoJ, yet it happened like 3 times. Dont have any footage too but might start recording because I need to show people how bad someone can play, like even after like 5 consecutive wins I still get survivors who get sniped, how on earth do they achieve this? I have gotten to thr point I believe some of them are throwing on purpose.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,216
    Options

Don't bother. People on this forum confuse Killrate with Killer winrate all the time.

Unless the devs show us how often 3k and 4k happen, we won't know how big the difference between survivor wr and killer wr is.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    Options

Easiest way is bhvr just nerfs the ######### out of tunneling which will happen eventually then killers can actualy learn to get good at the game.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

It's understandable , but I think its unreasonable. "We hate it and if they dont stop it when we tell them to, they shouldnt be able to do it" isnt reasonable.

Why? Its a game, and it should be fun, right? Most survivors dont have fun when someone is getting tunneled, at least when we believe what they say on forum and social media. And from my perspective, i dont have fun tunneling as killer, because i personally feel like i make them a horrible experience and i make it to easy for myself. I always, since 2017 run this motto: If i have to camp and tunnel, i am not good enough.

You do what you do and thats fine. In fact, tunnel more, this will only speed up the process devs come up with a solution. Eventually, something will come that ruins tunneling and it does not botter me the slightest, since i never need those tactics to get my wins.

Oh right, I should mention that I belong to "those" people who believe tunneling to be normal gameplay, because it's the same as survivors "just doing" a single generator instead of swapping generators every 33% of progress. Note that the community hypocritically vilifies it if the killer does it. for survivors it's considered the "normal" game.

You dont like when survivors finish generators, and that is a topic we can discuss. But what has this to do with tunneling? There is no "tunnel gens". Tunneling is a tactic out of many, gen rush is the only tactic survivors have.

No second object, nothing else to do then running killer, hanging on hook, unhooking, healing and simply doing generators. And since healing speed is slow now, many dont even do that anymore.

"Would you kindly stop genrushing at 0 Hooks?" How do you think this forum would react if I opened a thread like that? I'm pretty sure I'd be ridiculed and told to git gud. "Stop doing your objective effectively just because I didnt progress mine yet" isn't reasonable.

You tell me in all seriousness you would look silly? Most topics back in the days beside Noed/DH op were exactly that. Thats why there are a trillion powerful regression perks and even genspeed and toolboxes got nerfed significantly. But if you still think genspeed is to fast, go for it and complain. I personally disagree but there is defenitly room to discuss.

People often tell killers to consider the survivors feeling. my answer is simply that survivors dont care either, so why should killers?

I actually said, this has nothing to do with the people, its the game itself. But to give you an answer why you should care about other peoples feeling: Because its the most normal thing to do? When someone gives you #########, you give it back? Is that a great philosphy?

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

IMO: not really. Killer complaints aren't usually about strategies or tactics, but more about survivors running away or completing gens.

There's startlingly few complaints about bully squads, but that might be because it's a topic with no meaningful discourse because pretty much everyone agrees that it's garbage.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 372
    Options

I am confused as to how this became a thing that “needs a fix”. I play mostly survivor and have the games where there is the bloodthirsty killer and sometimes the friendly one. I do not get the reason for an outrage on not surviving as survivor. It is the point of the game to try and survive with a low chance of success scenario. The game length on average is meant to be less for a survivor than a killer. The issue, that most likely cannot be helped, is that the wait time to get into a survivor game is longer than a killers most of the time.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Any survivors that whinge about tunneling, go and play killer yourself and try and get 10+ hooks 👍

As for being tunneled, preventing it and resisting it. What are you doing about it? Run anti tunneling perks such as OTR, ones that hide scartch marks, wear darker cosmetics to try and hide instead of bright neon clothing, break LOS, become a better looper or just plain and simply, stay away from the area the killer is playing in to avoid being caught again.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    edited March 13
    Options

You know that most people play both sides right? I for one don't tunnel and camp and consistently get 2-4ks in the vast majority of my matches. I think quite a lot of people in this game and on this forum never actually question how they can get better, and instead just blame all their losses on the other side, forgetting that the vast majority of the time, there's always a semblance of control you have over your matches.

Why should a strategy that requires little to no thought, no perk requirements, no specific killer, and a noticeably less amount of skill to pull off compared to surviving it be healthy for the game?

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Wow this was a hell of a turn around for accusations. I'd leave the chat too, C3.

While its not your problem others aren't having fun, it is BHVR's. You ruining the game for others and knowing it just shows a bit of personality type and lack of empathy for your fellow gamer. Thats totally fine btw, we are who we are.

Tunneling will be dealt with because they are a company. YOUR responsibility doesn't really matter. Respect is cool, but not necessary. Playing a game is supposed to be fun, but its not necessary. And i don't even know why you threw out that last bit about the 60/40 kill rate. If you truly think thats what any of this is all about, then yeah, definitely nothing more to talk about here lolol.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

I'm sure there's plenty of examples even on this forum that make you totally incorrect. I main Trapper and get 3-4k's plenty. I enjoy SWFS because I know they'll be keeping me on my toes most likely. Come at me.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190
    Options

My experience as a killer main who plays survivor only for the tome challenges is, the average killer does not play like I do. I run 2 slowdowns max and never tunnel. The vast majority of my games are 3ks where I let the last guy go. I played the new killer for around 4 hours yesterday and got two 1ks. Every other match was a 3k letting the last guy go. Meanwhile, when I switch to survivor, not only did I have to play 5 blights, 2 pigs, 2 billys, and they all tunneled, but the only 2 matches I played against the new killer, they both tunneled the first guy at 5 gens.

If you are hooking a survivor you tunneled for the 2nd time and a gen still isn't done, you have no excuse, you are not "being forced to tunnel because gens are too fast". You are doing it because it's way too strong of a strategy that can only be punished by good players, of which the average survivor is not. The effort it takes to tunnel is insignificant to the effort it takes to counter tunneling. If you have a guy who needs to cleanse 3 totems or find memory shards, guess what, he's not going to be slamming gens and trying to take hits/trade hooks just because a guy is tunneling.