Unknown power to difficult to "dispel" and is splash damage radius OP?

Lit
Lit Member Posts: 62
edited March 18 in Feedback and Suggestions

Do we think the Unknown's splash damage radius is too big?

Also do we think it's too troublesome to remove the power (as you need to have visable line of sight on the killer and by that point, its too late because they're on you)?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• isha
    isha Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 10

Unknown m2 is countered by looking back in the chase which all survivors do. Perhaps he was intentionally losing line of sight so that you can't remove your dispel but if that were to happen he would have a hard time aiming at you unless you were predictable.

His aoe is too small and he gets slowed down for shooting it which means you don't get punished for doing awkward pathing.

Unknowns m2 is incredibly weak and easy to counter. If you have issues going against this killer weakening and dispelling its skill issue.

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460

A typical DBD game lasts 8-12 minutes or something like that and the game's design is intended to not allow chases to last too long. The developers have to dumb down certain mechanics in order to achieve the pace and back and forth they're looking for. Stalking is supposed to be a drawn out process but for Ghostface to stalk in the game, it has to be accelerated so that's why it feels cheap some time. They're going to give Huntress beach balls in place of hatchets because forcing her to make fine adjustments to her aim will mean she won't keep up in chase.

Same thing with the UVX. It has massive splash damage. But this isn't a shooter game and, maybe outside of Deathslinger and Trickster, the range abilities aren't realistic like what you'd find in a DayZ or Fortnite. It's DBD's form of ranged ability which is meant to be 35% accurate/65% able to end chases quickly.

As far as looking back on Survivor, I play on PS4 so looking back can make my character feel like he/she is losing momentum. I've upped the sensitivity so that helps a bit. It does seem like you have to get very close to the new Killer to drain the Weakened state.

• Lit
    Lit Member Posts: 62