My dissappointment of the bloodmoon event

Options
SvenDaMan
SvenDaMan Member Posts: 22
edited March 19 in Feedback and Suggestions

Let's get things straight. Aesthetically it's amazing and the cosmetics are great too. The premise of the event is cool too!

Where things fall flat for me is the promise they gave. They said that this event was going to be the best time of the year to farm bloodpoints. That got me excited as the anniversary event almost always gives +500% bloodpoints every match. When I saw the max bloodpoint multiplier for the community contribution was going to be +200% and the offerings only gave +50% I was immediately massively dissappointed.

I honestly think, if DBD wants to keep true to their promise, that these numbers need some sort of increase for it to be "The best time of the year to farm bloodpoints".

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 682
    Options

Agreed. Max amount should easily be 10X the normal amount. Its only for two weeks, and itll probably take the community a week to get to maximum multiplier. That would give the community just a wild week of BP farming, which would easily bring in players, help new players build up characters, let experienced players build up on add ons and offerings for favorite characters which would encourage more play. I cant think of any reason except for people maxing out stuff to quickly, except both devs and mods have straight up told the community that if we're getting burned out or theres nothing to do we should play other games.

Right now this feels like the community has to unlock a week for triple blood points which, again, great but doesn't feel worth the effort for the reward

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 689
    Options

Aesthetically its good unless you are on Borgo. It LITERALLY hurts my eyes and I am not usually susceptible to such things . Red hooks, red generators, red things here, red things there. Oh those little red things called scratch marks you are supposed to track those. Ugh.

• Princeharlequinhq
    Princeharlequinhq Member Posts: 68
    Options

The new players portion should be the focus of this because my friend just started playing the game and MY GOD the grind he has ahead of him :( I feel like this was an awesome moment to be able to just go wild with the amount of bloodpoints you could earn and instead they are just basically handing out a sprinkle.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 255
    Options

One possible way to fix this without too much extra work is to allow BP Offerings and make the bonus multiply the final BP amount after every other multiplier. Best case scenario there will be a 100% bonus from queue + 500% from BP offerings (if we ignore anniversary offerings) multiplied by 2 (since a 200% bonus with this system might be a bit much) = 14x BP or 12x without the Queue-Bonus. Even with only 3 people bringing bp offerings and no queue bonus it ends up being a nice 8x multiplier.

Only downside is that this invalidates the event offering (unless that one also gives at least a 100% stacking BP bonus) and relies on people actually burning offerings, since without that it will "only" end up being 4x-6x the BP, depending on the queue bonus and if you burn an offering yourself.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,211
    Options

Honestly, they should have made another Blood Feast.

We haven't had one of those since 2017, and it would award more BPs.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,892
    edited March 18
    Options

Definitely seems to be the least profitable event in terms of bloodpoints...

And to top it off bloody party streamers don't work?

Fix BPS.

Change the Blood Seeker tiers to +100%/200%/300%/400%.

Increase the scores of interacting with blood fountains.

Then it might actually live up to it's name?

Otherwise calling this the "blood moon" event is like having xmas in July.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    Options

Legit they should just double the bonuses and temporarily remove the bp cap for the event to truly be the best time to farm bloodpoints

• GreystormGamer
    GreystormGamer Member Posts: 1
    Options

Yeah, it's weird they're being so conservative with it, especially considering the currency doesn't buy anything in the game except for skill points and that the only way to get them is to actually play the game (not dogging on that, just with the amount of 'pay to play' stuff out there it's surprising). Then to top it off the complete lack of BP enhancing items like party streamers, cakes, flans, terrormisus, etc in the blood web feels like a kick in the teeth.

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347
    Options

All im really scared of is that they might actually turn this into the most profitable Event all year. Meaning they are going to nerf the bp gain on every other Event.

If that happens, i really hope we get a lot of people leaving the game, like as many as possible. Cause at that point its just the devs wanting to make bloodpoints more valuable then the should be.

If anything Bloodpoint gain should rise up in time because of all the new Content that gets added all the time and the Grind new Players will have to do to catch up. Not decrease.

This is truly the saddest Event i've ever witnessed and i have been playing for over 5 Years.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 486
    Options

I couldn't care less about blood points. I have every perk I want and dozens more offerings and add-ons than I can use. It's a fine event.

• Wowie
    Wowie Member Posts: 556
    Options

that's all well and good but bloodpoints are nice for everyone else who isn't insane

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,691
    edited March 19
    Options

But the stated purpose of the event is earning Bloodpoints. If you ignore the Bloodpoints, there's nothing left of the event for it to be a "fine event." Saying you don't care about the purpose of something and thus that thing is fine is nonsensical. It sounds like a large part of this conversation just doesn't apply to you.

• YuffieGreatestWaifu
    YuffieGreatestWaifu Member Posts: 123
    Options

Top it off the add-on for the event has been disabled.....

• drakonukaris
    drakonukaris Member Posts: 129
    edited March 20
    Options

The amount of effort put into this is embarassing. The offering is disabled and the gameplay mechanics with the zones are about as boring as it could get. Just a sorry excuse of an event to peddle your new limited-time cosmetics.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 486
    Options

Lacking the compulsion to watch a number go up when you already have enough of the things that number represents is fairly sane. In fact, I'd go so far as to say more people should have that ideology.

• Wowie
    Wowie Member Posts: 556
    Options

Why play the game if you don't care about progressing? What fun do you have then, playing the same exact sweaty matches over and over again with no purpose?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited March 26
    Options

No, "having every wanting perks and addons on every killer/survivor" is a insane amount of grind no matter how you label it, people aren't that hardcore after all.