We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

New Survivor Mechanic

Marioneo
Marioneo Member Posts: 808
edited March 20 in Feedback and Suggestions

Push Limits a solution to fight against killers who just keep you slugged

Comments

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,742
    edited March 20

I could get behind something like this.... IF bleed outs counted as a proper kill (emblems, adepts, BP) or 4K requirements for challenges/achievements were lowered to 3K. Would also be nice to see something that lets the killer give up without having to waste time pushing survivors out if they've already won (whataboutism I know, but still a similar way to force one's time in the match to end.)

All of that said, I kinda like the idea of it having practical uses instead of just being a go next button. It would definitely need some testing first to see if any aspects of it could be abused, but if there aren't I'd be for it. I just feel like one or two things needs to change in the game overall before it could be implemented.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,541

If it will work only with 2 survivors left or with 4 survivors on the ground, i agree. Otherwise, we don't need another way to left a match without penalty, because baby Kate don't like going against Legion.

I slug people who give up at the start of the match with no reasons, so they at least won't ruin someone else's match in the next 4 minutes. I urge others to do the same until the BHVR makes suicide on hook punishable.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Killers can cherry pick lobbies... But, oh... Survivors can't cherry pick matches.

Killers cherry picking lobbies makes the survivors wait longer and the backfill mechanic means they are likely to get an unfair match (too easy if the killer is a baby or too hard if the killer is very skilled).

Survivors cherry picking matches by "going next" gives the killer easier wins.

Both need to go, so don't ask for punishable suicides until killers are prevented from backing out of lobbies.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I've suggested this mechanic for a long while now. Let's hope Scott talking about it gives it some traction.

----

"They should let survivors crawl at Tenacity speed while holding the sprint button, but at the cost of faster bleed out. Tenacity users do not need to hold the sprint button and do not bleed out faster, but they can if they choose to." - Feb 2023

"Yes, hold Sprint to bleed out faster. This also lets you crawl faster too, like Tenacity. New Tenactity lets you crawl quickly without bleeding out faster (you must stay still and hold Sprint if you want to bleed out faster with Tenacity)." - Sept 2022

"Let survivors hold Sprint in the dying state to bleed out faster. Make it a new mechanic, where survivors can crawl faster by holding Sprint, at the cost of bleedout time. Tenacity would let survivors Sprint-crawl for free (and must hold the sprint button while stationary in order to simply bleed out faster if they so choose)." - Feb 2022

"Killers slugging for 4k needs to be addressed in a different way, by giving survivors an option to bleed out faster. Survivors in the dying state can hold the sprint button. Doing so makes them bleed out faster and lets them crawl faster. (Tenactity would still allow the survivor to crawl faster, without the need to hold shift, but they can hold shift if they choose to bleed out faster.)" - Aug 2021

"Survivor perk - Blood Letting: Start the trial with 3 tokens. Lose 1 token each time you are hooked. Lose 1 token when entering the struggle phase while hooked. Lose all remaining tokens if you escape or are sacrificed. Gain 33% additional Bloodpoints for each token, post-trial. Hold down the Sprint button while in the dying state to bleed out faster. (If a Survivor is slugged to death instead of sacrificed, they will get a Bloodpoint bonus depending on how many times they were not hooked." - Feb 2020

"Either shorten the bleedout timer, let the bleedout persist while being carried, let the survivor hold down the sprint button to bleed out faster (faster crawling is optional), or any combination of these." - Nov 2019

"Can Survivors in the dying state be allowed to hold the Sprint button to crawl 50% faster at the expense of bleeding out faster? Maybe remove the bleed out cost for Survivors using Tenacity. (This would also help against Killers who don't plan on hooking any Survivors, as the Survivor can speed up the 4-minute bleed out duration.)" - Oct 2018

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,541

I don't care about lobby shopping as survivor, because it cost me another 10-30 seconds in lobby in which i will do bloodweb.

I do care about hook suicide as survivor, because it's guaranteed unenjoyable and miserable match for at least 3 other people for another 7-12 minutes. I hate it as killer as well, because i can't care less about free wins. It's also waste of my time, because i want equal and enjoyable match, not just win no matter what. Literally no excuses for this still in the game.

• Wadely
    Wadely Member Posts: 6

There needs to be a penalty either pips/BP or a combination of both for killers that do this. If a survivor dies from bleeding out their death should not be counted as a kill or a sac for the killer. If BHVR makes it a point to say bleeding out survivors will have the same effect on the killer as them escaping it will happen a lot less without the need to add some busted or abused "perk type" ability as base kit.