Freddie should never get a buff

Options
Doxie
Doxie Member Posts: 48

Ive yet to even survive against him. Last match, 2 gens done, match before he two hooked everyone before a gen was even completed. Then he sat in the corner (I'm assuming to let us go so it looks like he is under powered) or just a nice guy.... regardless... He dominated every match I've played against him so I'm trying to figure out where all the crying is coming from. When I'm playing him (against not a killer main nor running sweaty) I usually win. Please explain the outcry for a buff?

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,223
    Options

I could make an argument that Freddy is the worst killer in the game right now below Trapper

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 275
    Options

This is the biggest skill issue I have ever seen. He has the worst mobility power in the game, and his chase power is worse than anything else in the game.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

Well, I presume this reply was directed towards me. No comment has been quoted, but so far I'm the only Freddy main in the thread.

And I gotta say, there is some context missing here. Granted, it was because I did not provide it, but here we go:

If Freddy had always been the way he currently is, I don't think I would've mained him, despite my love for the character and the ANOES franchise. But I first started playing DBD in 2018, and back then Freddy was a very unique killer, completely different from the version we have today.

He was my favorite killer in the entire game, and it is my love for the character and for his original power that motivates me to main him. Because his current power is weak, and it definitely has issues. You can read one of my threads about it, if you want to:

Trust me, Freddy desperately needs help.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,060
    Options

I honestly lost count on how many times they changed him. First he waited 7 sec to attack and then poofed review bombed. Then he got reworked to forever Freddy builds. Now he a shell of his former self. The OP is just trolling cause no one should be losing to a new Freddy player.

• Doxie
    Options

So honest question... A few bad matches.... That's all you mentioned. I read that and see basically you can't beat everyone every time. That's how I feel most killers what the characters. You lose to good killers, you lose to good survivor teams. Maybe I'm bitter because when I post "devour hope is bs" the answer I get is... Use totem finding perks, however when a killer doesn't kill every one every time…it's ...oh they need a buff. Again, not directed at you but other then that few string of bad matches...how do you normally do?

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 471
    Options

What about him makes him op to you? Like, is it the mediocre chase power, the somewhat okay stealth, or the alright TP he has? I don't see how any of those are broken so imma need a lil more.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 219
    Options

Killers don't want fair games. Winning most of the matches are not enough.

• mecca
    Options

My point is that Freddy wins most of his matches and Freddy mains probably do even better. Wanting him buffed despite survivors having a low chance of escaping is just not fair game balancing.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,023
    Options

The few dedicated Freddy mains out there have been carrying with Freddy so much that some people actually think he's good now.

Props to them for their hard work

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    Options
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,255
    edited April 3
    Options

If we were crying about kill rates, then we would demand nerfs for Freddy and buffs for Nurse.

Even the developers have stated, that they cannot balance by kill rates alone because then you could have a killer that always gets 4 kills against inexperienced survivors but never gets anything done against better survivors. Or you end up with Singularity, who is pretty hard to play and get value out of but supposedly quite strong, if you're really good with it.

Also, killers aren't the only ones, that falsify kill rates. More often than afk or farming killers I see survivors kill themselves on hook (probably because of the 1:4 ratio), which also means that the others will die as well.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Any killer is good against the average survivor, as the average survivor is bad at the game. That is okay too and while I found this thread funny I actually don't want to see Freddy buffed either as I am okay with him being bottom tier. Someone has to be afterall and I don't miss the days of forever Freddy

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 262
    Options

All of you except of the freddy have to be insanely bad to a point where it's not even funny anymore. It's really easy to complete at least 3 gens, if you can't do that against an freddy he was obviously just much better at playing killer than you are at playing survivor.

His teleport isn't really good, his traps are countered by shift-w and even if you stay you just have to play safe AND his dreampalettes are easily found out if you look under the palette. So he barely has any power.

He needs a buff for sure, and before you come with "you're a freddy-main", no I'm not, I'm maining something between huntress, blight, unknown and chucky xD

• Doxie
    Options

This comment makes me laugh as it purely a killer response....all the time. If you lose to Freddie, you are not skilled. If you get one down due to devour hope you need to change your perks. I can't beat good teams with Freddie.... Freddie is too weak. Never once is skill level questioned. Perhaps you tunnel and this killer does not allow you to do that, or camp or have to actually chase. Again these are all your comments I'm repeating. I don't know your skill level etc. I said, usually when I go up against Freddie, he dominated. Some I've seen said, I can't beat good teams. To me, that sounds balanced. You shouldn't be able to consistently beat good teams. There is a reason they are good teams. He is a low end killer.... Ok, is it because you can't teleport to a survivor and easily hook them? Have to actually work for it? That's kinda what I'm hearing.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,361
    Options

From a 50-50 survivor and killer opinion. Even mainly playing solo que. Freddy sucks. His snares are weaker than clown. His teleport is weaker than dredge or even demo. Also his newest version is just so boring in concept compared to his first version. He puts pools on the ground. You fall asleep. You step in pool. You slow. He tele every once in a while. People want a rework to actually make him have some more of a identity that isnt just this abomination we have right now. Most of his addons are garbage. The only real reason he gets value is lower players that don't know the different aspects of his power and how to handle it. Thats why cenobite has even more than freddy. But freddy also has a horrible pickrate to top it off. He needs a rework to become something better that feels like freddy from the movies. If you die to him thats fine. I dont expect everyone to know how to deal with his parts. But that doesnt mean hes any good or his designs interesting.

• Doxie
    Options

And what is your ratio with Freddie. Seems everyone likes to leave that out. That's quite literally the whole point of this.

• ili
    ili Member Posts: 61
    Options

for me Freddy is balanced, for others not, i believe it needs a rework, not buff, @GeneralV and @Szarman made great suggestions about this.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,153
    Options

In my opinion Freddy is on the weak side.

The matches you describe are usually what happens when a 3K hours Nurse verses beginners. (Including the part where she sits in a corner : there is no pleasure destroying helpless players)

Also, realize there are a lot of players. One guy sitting in the corner to be nice will not skew the statistics. It's weird you think the guy is doing that for his benefice when he is most likely just letting you go out of pity.

• mecca
    Options

BHVR actually has Freddy listed as one of the strongest killers which could be attributed to him being easy to use or just a little too strong actually. There is so much to look at. How much does a Freddy Main win?

I don't understand the reasoning in saying the teleport being weak. He can literally relocate to any gen which is the survivor objective.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,582
    Options

Let's remember to keep the discussion civil, please. You can disagree, or agree to disagree, but please keep responses constructive, and respectful of others, and their opinions. Thank you.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

No Freddy buffs?

Darn.

• mecca
    Options

Well, that doesn't mean the buff was in good faith. It made no sense to me for pig to be buffed if pig had no problems winning.

• Doxie
    Options
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,255
    Options

If we go about kill rates, then why don't we buff Nurse? Or why did we ever nerf her? Her kill rate is usually not that impressive compared to all other killers, yet so many of us seem to believe that Nurse is actually pretty good. Weird.

Kill rates do not paint a full picture. They only show that MMR, players, perks, maps and killer powers in combination resulted in certain numbers. Especially MMR is important here. Because MMR won't allow you to get anywhere where you lose all the time. Meaning, it's possible for a terribly weak killer (let's say Nurse without blinks) to still have a decent kill rate because they will only play against survivors that are on a level they can actually compete with. And let's be honest, Nurse without a power would definitely not be balanced.

That's a funny question. Would you believe me, if I said I had a 40% kill rate with Freddy? Would you believe me, if I said I had a 80% kill rate with Freddy? In order to answer your question sufficiently, we would need to provide proof, or else your bias (or own for that matter) would mean, that the answer could be discredited. And even then, that proof could easily be argued to be insufficient. No answer to your question would please you, unless it affirms your bias.

My response above also applies to you. Kill rates cannot really be used as a measure of balance anymore. Especially not with MMR because the matchmaking will correct anything out of the ordinary in due time. However because the individual killer MMR of a player is not completely unrelated to their MMR on different killers, we can sometimes make an educated guess that people struggle with the difficulty of a killer (when the numbers are way lower than they should be). That is not the case for Freddy though.

Anyone could play him and they wouldn't be confused with his power or waste time figuring it out. He is a very basic killer with not much depth and a rather straight forward power for the one playing him (not so much for the ones playing against him). So if you were a Clown main for example and you would switch to Freddy for the first time, chances are you'd perform pretty well because both share a lot basic mechanics. If you were to switch to Nurse however, you would probably struggle a lot because she is a completely different kind of killer.

An argument could also be made that Freddy attracts more experienced killer players than new players simply because he lacks so much originality. Pretty much everything he does, someone else does in better and his power doesn't have a lot of creative uses, so there is not much reason to play him aside from him being Freddy Krueger. Look at @GeneralV for example, who only mains Freddy because he was his favorite killer before the rework almost 5 years ago (you're a trooper, you know that?). Naturally these people would be pretty good at the game and have a lot of experience to utilise. The survivors they play against however, would not have that same experience because as easy as Freddy is to play as and play against, if you know his strengths and weaknesses, he becomes just as hard to play against when you don't.

I can't even remember the last time I played against a Freddy and I only know so much about his power because I like to play him (I guess some part of me likes to suffer?!). But what about the people that don't play him? They might know what his power does but they are likely to lack the experience to know all of his many weaknesses. Sometimes the threat of a power is stronger than the actual power itself.

We see the opposite on Blight. When you just start playing him, you will struggle with his power because it's quite hard to use (the exact opposite of Freddy) but rather straight forward from the survivor's perspective (again, the exact opposite). So naturally bad Blight players will have a harder time. On top of that, you also see that a lot of survivors, even ones that aren't that good otherwise know how to play against Blight simply because they have a lot of practice against him, due to his high pick rate.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,229
    Options

If he two hooked everyone, sat in a corner, and let everyone go the player was either farming (which lowers MMR over the long run) or was a back fill into a lobby and took mercy. In either event that's not an indication of how strong (or weak in this case) Freddy really is.

• GeneralV
    Options

There isn't much for me to add here that hasn't already been said, but regarding my post specifically I mentioned some bad matches I was having because I believed they helped to illustrate my complaints about Freddy's current state.

But I was talking about things Freddy players usually see on their trials. And those scenarios, including the possibility of playing without a power, are common.

Therefore, I strongly believe this is the weakest Freddy has ever been. Is it possible to use him effectively? Yes, because you can do the same thing with every other killer in the game.

But the requests for buffs, or preferably a "dework", are 100% justified.

Look at @GeneralV for example, who only mains Freddy because he was his favorite killer before the rework almost 5 years ago (you're a trooper, you know that?)

Thank you, my friend <3

• Doxie
    Options

And not to harp...but you still haven't mentioned your kill rate. How often do you take everyone out or... Let them live because you've completely schooled them?

• GeneralV
    Options

I don't know the precise numbers. I could try and estimate it, but even if I did there is no way for me to prove it.

What I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt is that I don't let people go because I "schooled" them. If I have the opportunity to let someone go (presuming I've won the match) it is always the last survivor, either Hatch or gates.