The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

About Blight's Iridescent Tag

JustAShadow
JustAShadow Member Posts: 165
edited April 10 in Feedback and Suggestions

I would really like to know the thought process behind creating this addon. It basically removes any counterplay from Blight and significantly lowers the skill needed to play this killer. It kinda reminds me of the old Compound 33 when it made playing Blight a complete autopilot. So the question is, when is this addon getting reworked(again?) because it just can't stay in the same gamebreaking form as it is now.

Comments

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,193

I'm not sure why they didn't just stick with this iteration of the addon, to be honest.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 802

they probably had to rush a rework when They immediately realized that infinite rushes blight was still a problem

But I’m gonna say it

They rlly have no idea what to do with his iri addons

They badly want him to have strong Iri addons but everytime they do make an idea for him the addon is instantly overpowered for his kit

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,702

The healthiest version of this addon we’ve had was the original version with instadowns.

I’m not upset it got changed considering it was powerful and Blight is an S tier killer, but it was still far more fair than infinite rushes or the current version of the addon.

The current version might be okay if they dropped it to 2 rushes instead of 3. At the very least, there needs to be a reason to not run both of the iridescent addons to effectively only get 1 downside instead of 2 (since they have the same downside currently). But even on its own the current Iri Tag is completely overpowered and ridiculous.

• sabinianmoonstone
    sabinianmoonstone Member Posts: 78

I honestly believe that the original version with the insta-down was healthier, but it needed some nerfs.

I advocated for one of two versions to be implemented:

Version 1 Iri Tag:

1. Bring back the insta-down effect on the last rush token used.
    2. Add a 4-meter rush requirement to the add-on to prevent camping with the add-on.
    3. Make token regeneration last 20 seconds on successful insta-downs and 25 seconds on missed Lethal Rushes. If you use your other tokens, then cooldown is normal at 2 seconds per token. It's only when you try and go for the insta-down with the last rush will the token regeneration increase.
    4. Add a visual and globally audible notification to let survivors know you have this add-on. However, this notification will ONLY trigger when using the last rush to insta-down.
    5. Make it not stack/work with C33.

Version 2 Iri Tag:

1. Bring back the insta-down effect on the last rush token used.
    2. Every time you hit a survivor with a Lethal Rush, Iri Blight Tag gains a token up to maximum of 4 or 5 tokens. Once you reach the maximum number of tokens, the next time you use your power AND use your last Lethal Rush, the survivor will be insta-downed, and all tokens will be consumed. The same thing happens when you miss.
    3. Add a 4-meter rush requirement to the add-on to prevent camping with the add-on.
    4. Add a visual and globally audible notification to let survivors know you have this add-on. However, this notification will ONLY trigger when using the last rush to insta-down.
    5. Make it not stack/work with C33.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 995

Yeah if you saw blight giving himself brain damage on a wall next to you then you knew it was iri tag and to try and bait him into a hit before last rush and predop like a madman. I didn't really mind it.

• GrimAlmond
    GrimAlmond Member Posts: 3

I agree! I thought it was understood that Blight doesn't need more speed added to the basekit, but apparently that's a mistake that keeps happening

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 670

without speed addons blight have almost 0 anti loop, idk why bhvr nerfed them just to make iri tag

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 505

the nerfs are nothing but survivors crying and moaning about not being able to loop a speed killer.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,106

they're goal was to nerf blight's add-ons. the speed add-on were obviously the most potent ones but it seems that they're bringing them back with iri tag and 10% summoning stone.

Iri tag is now new green blighted crow add-on and summoning stone is new blighted rat. whooping 30% m/s increase.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Just give basekit old crow and remove all speed addons tbh I just want enough speed to play tiles with bump logic