99ing the gates defeats the purpose of endgame collapse

Options

the gates should begin regressing if left incomplete, or maybe start the endgame collapse after the 5th gen gets completed, i know this will make no way out too strong so either make the endgame collapse fixed 4 minutes like when a survivor is hooked, or reduce the blocked timer to 30 and activates instantly.

egc is where survivors should feel the most tensed up and have to make a choice of staying behind to help their teammate or dipping out of the there because of the risk.

currently killer is at a disadvantage in endgame if protecting a hook because of the 99 gate, and no egc, giving survivors all the time they need to reset, making the killer desperate. but if egc started right away there would be no point in 99 and opening the opportunity for perks such as bloodwarden to come into play.

in conclusion either activate egc after last gen with 4 minutes or make 99 the gates regress

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,521
    Options

I see the problem but the solution isn't there

If you know that a Gen is 99% then you have to change how you play the game at that point

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 497
    Options

Meanwhile cheaters have ways to bypass the Egc holding games hostage forever yeah that sure did accomplish nothing

• Commander_Nefarious
    Commander_Nefarious Member Posts: 63
    Options
    General Discussions

Open discussions on various topics

im just looking for feedback and opinions, and looking for what could be changed or improved, im not saying im correct thats why we are here, to discuss things, but all i see is getting shamed for "talking too much" , and getting told im straight up wrong with no counter argument, or its the classic "skill issue"

• Marioneo
    Options

Gates should regress and Egc time should be 2 minutes max

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 490
    Options

Well, I wouldn't mind if the exit gates automatically opened when the last gen was done. It'd make the games end quicker, that's for sure.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,023
    Options

Kind of on the fence about this although I've always thought that regressing gates was the only thing stopping Endgame builds from being meta

If gates regressed, we might actually see more people running endgame perks which is definitely a good thing since the current Killer meta is literally gen slowdown perks.

On the other hand, perks like Remember Me might become too oppressive which would encourage Survivors to open gates before rescuing other hooked Survivors, which opens up the potential of a BloodWarden play.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,009
    Options

Obviously you havent play killers long enough (´∀`)

Nowaday I would ask "do you use 4 slowdown and tunneling?" rather than "which killer do you play"

Most killers are fine nowaday, its up to the players if they win by cheese winning and be at MMR where they should not be.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

To be fair, the EGC wasn't created to actually give the killer kills or put extra pressure on the survivors. It was created to force trials to end, because supposedly there were several reports of players holding the game hostage.

In my experience players holding the game hostage didn't happen often, and if the situation really needed to be fixed I believe it should have done differently. But the EGC does exactly what it was created to do.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 809
    Options

Have you not seen the new Haddonfield in PTB? The gates would never get opened if that's the case. Other maps like Midwitch have this problem.

• Commander_Nefarious
    Commander_Nefarious Member Posts: 63
    Options

the change is propose is so survivors are encouraged to open gates immediately then leave or attempt a save, it would bring out perks such as wake up or sole survivor, or bloodwarden

the numbers could be tweaked such as how long it takes to open gate and so on

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,053
    Options

We already have regression for the slowdown on top of regression that has crept into every other aspect of survivor gameplay. We don't need even more time watching progress bars fill.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 434
    Options

I mean, if you die to 99'd gate that much, you are having issue in that strat

Removing it would help you in that case

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Why should it be removed? It doesn't affect anything and my point is that it helps killers more than it hinders them

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 434
    Options

Why it shouldn't be, it still hinders them in some situation and just a weird mechanics anyways

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,194
    Options

I always found hook trading at the end boring, as 99% the gates CAN negate the EGC.

Just let them regress VERY SLOWLY to make it a bit more interesting. A survivor could still wait there to open it.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 735
    Options

I think it was less because of people holding the hostage and more because of hatch standoffs, and those weren't uncommon in my experience.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,416
    Options

No, it was indeed to avoid people getting hold hostage. Hatch Standoffs were removed with the ability to close the Hatch. But since then the Killer would have to find the Survivor to end the match, EGC was also introduced so that it is sure that the match will end after the Hatch is closed.

Same with Gates. Before Survivors would just open the Gates, but there was no need for them to actually leave, so the timer makes it sure that they have to leave after at max. 4 minutes, most likely earlier. Otherwise they could still stealth around and keep the Killer in the game.

Both problems were solved at the same time and IMO their solution was very good.

@Topic:

As others have said, the sole purpose of EGC is that the game comes to an end. And this works completely fine. EGC is already killer-sided, but it was not created to give the Killer more pressure or Kills. Just to end the game. And in the end, the Killer also got the ability to open the Exit Gates as well, so if they want the timer to start, they can do it themselves.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 735
    Options

I see what you mean but that makes hatch standoffs still kinda the starting point for the egc changes (in combination with the gate situation).

The point of my original answer was also more that the situation that lead to the introduction of the egc was not uncommon.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,416
    Options

Yeah, but even without the Standoff there was the possibility to hold a Killer hostage by just hiding and stealthing around.

But I agree, overall it was not that uncommon and the changes were needed.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

Wow, the people who bypass the rules make the games not function as intended? Wild.

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 287
    Options

Yes the killer should be allowed to kick the gates to start regressing. /sarcasm

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

Exactly.

I was very much in the 99 the gates camp for years but after dying countless times to 99'd or 96.5'd gates (yes some cant seem to even 99 gates properly) I am firmly in the wait for the hook then open the gates to go for the last save.

If things all go wrong after that and you end up racing the EGC timer then so be it, better than dying to opening a gate.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,053
    Options

Yup. Plus realistically, a team isn't going back for a 2nd or 3rd rescue attempt in end game. The first pull attempt either succeeds or fails and everyone leaves anyway. You have a higher percentage chance dying to a bad gate play than Bloodwarden

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

Yep, I believe I probably died once to BW in the last 500 hours played and at least half a dozen times to gates not being opened

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 809
    Options

Afterthought I had is killers hate when survivors don't leave when the gates are open…so they 99 for the same reasons they could be while the gates are open.

Whether the gates are 99 or open it gets complained.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,101
    Options

You are making the same mistake as survivors. The game does not end when the last gen is completed. EGC is for when the game is over to either force survivors out or die.

If you want EGC to start then open the gate yourself.

• Marioneo
    Options

Saying 4mins is a timely manner is wild its slow and boring cut the time in half and it'll make the game interesting