Can survivors get some actual buffs?

Options
Sarrif
Sarrif Member Posts: 100
edited April 13 in Feedback and Suggestions

Survivors have been awful to play lately unless your in a swf group and even that can be pretty rough. Meanwhile killers get more and more buffs while maps get weaker and weaker for survivors.

The only real recent 'buff' that comes to mind was the anti camp but that's laughably bad. A bubba 16 meters away is just as effective at face camping as a bubba 1 meter away from the hook.

And after looking at the actual atrocity that is the ptb I just get the sinking feeling that the devs do not care at all anymore about survivors experience anymore and we're just here for cannon fodder for the latest 2,000 killer win streak.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Ilikechips
    Ilikechips Member Posts: 90
    Options

I agree with you but the devs want stronger killers. Even stronger than they are now. Look at the last few updates, then look at the upcoming ptb. There will be many more ptbs like this in the future. Kill rates will only increase dramatically.

If you think that somehow the devs will magically reverse the trend and start making survivor enjoyable again I am sorry but you would be lying to yourself.

They are pushing to have killer be insanely overpowered and survivor to be pointless(which it is close to being already).

The trend is your friend, more killer buffs on the way.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 740
    edited April 13
    Options

Yes absolutely, I played Friday all the time where survivors had a 10-20% escape rate. And there were EIGHT survivors. Along with the maps being almost TEN times the size. Escaping in that game felt amazing honestly, and seeing Jason was always terrifying because how deadly he was which made it waaaaay more fun. And I do play survivor a decent amount now and I gotta say, some matches are very boring because how much of a non threat the killer can be. That’s why I like NoEd, it makes it scarier and more tense.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 541
    Options

But like what's left to buff

maybe a removal of "self unhook attempt" I suppose

• Neaxolotl
    Options

Server side hit validation only makes it impossible to play for killers, 32meter range is ridiculously big to the point I doubt you know how big each meter is, item revisit is cool, we have ridiculous amount of anti tunneling already, perk change is nice, and team qol is good

Half of your idea is nice but another half is kinda ridiculous

• Sarrif
    Options

Server side hit validation only makes it impossible if you have terrible ping. You should not be getting free hits because you have bad ping. Would it be fair if survivors with 200+ ping instantly healed every time they got hit. 32 meters is big, that's the point. Blight, Billy, Wesker, etc can travel that in what? Like four seconds or less? We have no base anti tunneling unless you are counting the 7 seconds of bt off hook.

• Neaxolotl
    Options

few dozen ping is enough to make it impossible for killers, that's how strictly made this game is

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    edited April 13
    Options

lmao good analogy.

I blame SWF’s for that.

Broken Key & Green Map are definitely useless alone, but they each have an add-on that makes them viable. For the Broken key, I use the purple ring so I can get a poor-man’s Bond on the obsession (more useful than you would think). For the green map, I use the string/chord add-on that lets you see the killer’s belongings, along with a slow map burning add-on. Those add-ons pretty much turns the green map into an Iri map.

But I get the gist of what you’re saying- the add-on that eliminates skill checks on toolboxes or lessens the noise of your repairs, are antiquated; they don’t fit today’s DBD. Neither does the map add-on to see the exit gates or use a marker. All straight doo-doo inventory cloggers.

Killers have useless add-ons as well, to be fair.

• Sarrif
    Options

Okay fine, you want killers to get free hits, how about this then. Killers still get their free no skill hits but whenever a killer gets a free hit on a survivor due to their ping that survivor gets some kind of bonus for the rest of the game like extra 9% action speed.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

Only the top 5% 4 people SWF have significant higher escape chance. The rest have 3% higher than the goal.

• Sarrif
    Options

No, green key and map are trash. There's no realistic argument where it's not just better to run a dull key with the ring add-on instead. And maps in general are just bad outside of a few select builds, but those kinds of builds are so rare by the time a survivor feels like playing that odds are they have a deluge of rainbow maps to use.

And yes killers do have bad add-ons. But the difference is they effectively have 35 different 'items' to choose from. Survivors have five and a half.

• Neaxolotl
    Options

At this point, just kick out killers with more than 40 ping

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
    Options

Only buff Survivors really need is to make SoloQ more playable.

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 66
    Options

I play solo queue mostly. And the experience has been more than horrible lately. It never has been good but especially the last few patches are just a joke.

The few games I play currently, I usually just face killers that run broken perk combinations that absolutely wreck solo queue lobbies or they just tunnel/slug players at 5 gens. Just to see those killers qq’ing on the forums later that the survivors are too strong and need more nerfs.

Meanwhile I have to waste 2 perk slots for kindred and bond just to not be a sandbag to my team. And still, it’s mostly going south quick anyways because you have to rely on 3 random people that HAVE to be on the same page as you which is basically impossible.

While I agree with others that SWF is fine, they are still only a small fraction of the game. The big majority is still solo queue players and being treated like we are just doesn’t really give an incentive to play the game in the first place. Long story short plz fix solo queue gameplay BHVR

• Neaxolotl
    Options

That's impossible, you can't make individual players good no matter how you try

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 66
    Options

Literally making Kindred base kit would help out solo queues so much already while being useless for SWF since they get the information that perk has over voice chat anyways. Just a thought

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 79
    Options

you are winning because average skill of your opponent is terrible, not because the game is balanced bad.

BHVR once tightened up MMR system, everybody cried because of longer queue times. Now people have completely lost their views over the game because skill level across players in the lobby is usually very disproportional.

• Neaxolotl
    Options

I'd rather have infinite survivor aura than 16m killer range+survivor range, considering anti fc feature it's unlikely killers are in 16m range anyways

• Sarrif
    Options

So in other words, you are fine with killers getting an unfair advantage that has no counterplay through the use of mechanics outside the base game. So are you fine with speed hacks and xray vision too? I mean why not at this point, just say that survivors should start on hooks.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489
    Options

So then explain to me why bad killers can easily win against better survivors, but not the other way round? Let me help you: its because the game is unbalanced. Bad players should never win against better players unless those make mistakes.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489
    Options

So you think tunneling, proxycamping and stacking slowdowns is skillful? Its not.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,329
    Options

I so want this to happen, hell dont make it only so kindred is basekit, make empathy basekit or bond.

Because soloq will remain the same, because you can give a bad player all the info you want, it wont make them good. You can have all the info you want, wont stop claudette selfcaring instead of saving you on hook, or mikaela going down in less than 30s against an m1 killer.

Hell dwight right now is cleansing against plague or healing against legion and seeing his teamates wont change that action.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209
    Options

Yeah survivors items been needing long overall tunning and the last time we got decent perks which is sad was mikahela boons, since then any survivor after her the perks has 90% been trash. Maybe one rare decent one like made for this which is ofc garbage now lol.

• Unusedkillername
    Unusedkillername Member Posts: 154
    Options

This post is going to be rambly but i keep seeing the occasional posts like this so im writing this very generally.

You do not need anything stronger than what you have available to you on survivor to do well. Throughout the history of DBD there have consistently been builds and specific perks on suv that are broken but most of these complaints by people saying "My sides so weak buff stuff that already good or Make a mechanic to help me" are just dont get why dbd feels the way it does.

I have many issues with Survivor right now. I think the new killers suck to play against more often than not and don't let you express yourself with cool and skillful plays because they just force downs if the killers are good enough (which MMR ensures they likely will be at some point) in a fixed amount of time while zoning you. Here's a whole comment where most my issues are explained its a big read but this is it.

But most the suvs that occasion post stuff saying killers are getting stronger with no specific issues with their design being noted or maps being mentioned that just want something to put more power in the suv players' hands to in their eyes balance it out are the equivalent of the support players in overwatch that just argue forever that their character that was completely busted in S tier never needed a 2 second longer cooldown on one of the best abilities in the game.

YOU ARE THE MERCY AND KIRIKO MAINS OF DBD YOU DONT NEED 4x the chance to be sent to a good map, A stronger anti-camp measure that prevents anything but face camping, perks the strength of 2021-23 COH or old DH or MFT or More maps that link together like the example in the video below at the point clipped

(this example only applies to M1 killers so it is an example of the killer power which is alluded to in the comment on another thread)

Most of the issues come down to maps and killers. Survivors need 0 changes except buffing/reworking the useless perks and gutting the ones that create unhealthy situations that cannot be played around eg For the People and Buckle up, because survivers don't really change on a game by game basis and maps and killers are far more important to the survivor experience than anything else so why would anyone want to see changes to survivors. Most of the issues go away if bad killer to play against stop getting released back to back to back.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,499
    edited April 13
    Options

Believe it or not, but killer players usually dont just want free wins.

That's at least what I hope for this game.

As a killer main myself, I consider a fun match as a win over a 3k or 4k.

Not even the most hardcore killer gamers like the Twins rework.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,499
    Options

Well, some comp players certainly have things to learn from my experience.

• UnusedAccount
    UnusedAccount Member Posts: 130
    Options

Reminder that 60% winrate is based on the chances of killing a Survivor, not getting a 4k.

So the Killer has a 60% chance to kill each Survivor that game.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,329
    Options

Absolutelly true, there is much to learn about the game, however concluding that if a player uses a certain strategy they lack skill because of it is a tilted statement or completely ignorant.

Tunneling while obnoxious is a strategy that can be used to be more effective in the match, in fact knowing when to tunnel or spread hooks is a skill in of itself.

If you NEED to tunnel in pubs ill agree your skill is lacking but even the best of players employ tunneling if its necesary

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,156
    Options

Better matchmaking would go long way. Matches would not feel so hopeless on soloQ if we didn't face strong killers so much who should be facing swf:s. I constantly face strong swf:s on weaker killers too and that feels terrible getting many in a row.

Matches are so stressful and I can't really use strongest killers because most of their powers don't work well on console expect spirit but I don't know how to locate survivors by hearing them and I find her power meh too. 60% kill rate sounds good on paper but probably it's more like 70% on soloQ so solo players could use help. But so could console killers when we can use Oni 180s and other techs?