The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Haddonfield - Lampkin Lane Feedback

dance
dance Member, Community Manager Posts: 75

We've made some adjustments to Haddonfield. After traversing the streets (and houses) of Lampkin Lane, please let us know what you think below.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I just had a look at the map in custom matches, haven't actually played it yet, but it really seems like the map doesn't have enough pallets that survivors can properly work with. Some unsafe pallets are completely fine as long as there are enough stronger pallets as well. And especially with how small the map has become, it definitely needs more pallets, especially the middle of the map.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199
    edited April 23

If the new gaps in the house walls were replaced with breakable walls, making them more similar to the houses on Badham, it might be a fair trade off.

Oh and make pallets in the road more consistent. Someone has said there's no pallets in the road, I just played and got three in a row going down the road that could be easily chained.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 818

I looked at a gameplay footage from old Haddonfield and oh. god. It looked so much better than it does now. It looked like an actual suburban neighborhood.

• SoGo
    edited April 24

I meant aesthetic wise, not gameplay wise. The point was that it looked like an actual street, unlike the new Haddonfield.

I also noticed the ridiculous fences too, don't worry.

• scorpia
    scorpia Member Posts: 38
    edited April 24

It is way better from a killer perspective but we need more hooks along the street, there are barely any.

I haven’t played on it as survivor yet but sounds like it’s not fun. 😂

I will say the order version was NOT fine and definitely did need a nerf because all those houses were way too strong but now it has maybe gone the other way. This does not mean you should revert it back completely though! Just fix this version.

• tparadise
    tparadise Member Posts: 83

Agreed. Aside from the fact that the map is god awful for survivors now gameplay wise. Visually speaking i'm surprised the license holders let them gut the map like this. It doesn't give Halloween at all anymore.

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 153

You succeeded in making the map less frustrating and annoying for killer, great job, but this new version suffers from the OG Borgo rework in the sense that it's just way too dead, and I'm sorry, but those edge pallets are absolutely terrible. Please not only up the pallet count on this map, but rework some of the tiles to be playable for both sides, and not just either absolutely terrible, or too strong. The car loops on Badham for example that are around the preschool, or those vans in the middle of the street I think are perfect tiles that are reasonable strength.

• SoGo

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but its a visual downgrade from the original.

• ad19970

Borgo is 144 sqT, which is pretty balanced in my opinion. That map is generally very fair for both sides.

Haddonfield is now only 132 sqT, yet it still spawns quite a few deadzones, and has few usable windows now. I would argue even 132 sqT could be fair though if survivors had enough to work with, but they definitely do not on the current Haddonfield map.

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 383

Yeah the map could have been fine if they reduced the size OR weakened the strength of the houses. Doing both just makes it an incredibly killer sided map.

This map rework needs so serious work to be balanced now. I'd personally restore the previous version of the map and it's larger size, but keep some of the new outer tiles while also keeping the houses weak. I think that would result in a much more balanced map overall.

• ad19970

I do agree that just making the houses a little weaker would have probably be sufficient. I do still believe the current Haddonfield can be balanced if the devs just add a bunch more of pallets to the map, and maybe add back 1 or 2 windows as well.

• WampaPl
    WampaPl Member Posts: 33

I really like that the road got a little shortened and contains more cars and stuff to play around. The sea of concrete remains hideous, but at least offer better gameplay. I also quite like that there are hedges on the edges (pun intended). They are meant to delay hits and fulfill that purpose. Lockers spawning there is also a nice quality of life change. There is also the removal of a double tile next to the main building. It was surely problematic, but if feels empty now. I kind of wish that another park would be put there, but it is what it is.

Unfortunately I really do not like what was done to the buildings, all of them. Mayer's house was fine as it was pre PTB and I wish it had remained that way. It was balanced and offered great gameplay for both sides, now it is just plain and uninteresting. And them we have the secondary buildings that are just a joke. Were bad before and are bad now - just in the opposite extremes. I have already suggested my dream way to fix them in one of the previous feedbacks, but i can paste it once more: It would be nice to solidify mindgames where killer counter ground floor windows by going upstairs and assassi-creed them from above. This playstyle was possible in the previous (survivor-sided) iteration but hard to do. More openings to drop from the second floors would make it way more common playstyle as shown in the following image

• dbdplayerabc123
    dbdplayerabc123 Member Posts: 70

I like it. Map was way too big before. It's smaller now, that's all that matters to me.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

You gotta instadodge midwich because of the literal automated billy bots that just offer it and insta kill everyone in the map

• bleep275
    bleep275 Member Posts: 227

in my experience the gen layout is one sided and terrible. I’ll have one gen on one side of the map in the house and the rest are all on another side. As killer I love it. But as survivor I hate it. I have yet to see a survivor win (2-3 escape) on the new haddonfield

• SoGo

I legit won on this map as a Trapper, with me not using my traps for half of the game, against survivors of my skill level.

Also, I'll say it again: The new Haddonfield is a visual downgrade from the old one.

• averagemikaelamain
    averagemikaelamain Member Posts: 286

Edge map pallets are a joke. Remove.
    Street needs CONSISTENT LOOPS - WITH A WINDOW. the middle of the map should not be a perma dead zone 2 minutes in.
    Main building RNG is worthless or pretty good - The back window should not be treated the same as the front window,it's almost a non actor.
    Inside and overall most pallets ARE TOO WEAK. They also need to be taller loops so anti loop powers dont just completely invalidate them.
    The map also should be a tiny bit bigger,with less dropdowns.
    The zone to the left of the house is still a deadzone,it needs a regular tile to spawn there,or something.

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 383

Edge map pallets are a joke. Remove.

Edge map pallets are actually great for gameplay and NEED to be kept. They provide lockers for killers like dredge and give the edge of map deadzones at least some thing for survivors to work with. If BHVR makes the map larger again, which they 100% need to do, then these edge tiles are perfect for the role.

Street needs CONSISTENT LOOPS - WITH A WINDOW. the middle of the map should not be a perma dead zone 2 minutes in.

Street should 100% be stronger if they plan to keep the map size. Idk about a window but more pallets for sure. Then again, BHVR should just restore the map size.

Main building RNG is worthless or pretty good - The back window should not be treated the same as the front window,it's almost a non actor.

100% agree. The houses were nerf hard as they should have been but I don't think the back window should factor into the rng. Should just keep both windows always available or just perm block the back one.

Inside and overall most pallets ARE TOO WEAK. They also need to be taller loops so anti loop powers dont just completely invalidate them.

A lot of the pallet are weak which is fine generally when the map is big enough as it helps balance out map size. Small maps get stronger pallets and big maps get weaker ones that are more spread out. However, BHVR is bad at balancing maps it seems. For the size of this map and how weak the houses are now, the pallets should be a lot stronger. BHVR should really just increase the map size again though.

The map also should be a tiny bit bigger,with less dropdowns.

Map size should be fully restored to what it was before. Since the houses are a lot weaker not, and the pallets that exist are either weak or easy to make into deadzones, there is no need for the map to be so small. I feel like restoring the old map size while keeping everything else is the best way forward.

The zone to the left of the house is still a deadzone,it needs a regular tile to spawn there,or something.

Absolutely needs something there. Ideally it would have a house spawn option if they restore the map size. If they do not go down that route it needs a pallet or 2 for sure.

• averagemikaelamain
    averagemikaelamain Member Posts: 286

No,no,remove edge map pallets. Add Z-walls and those lockers. Love the Dredge love.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 625
    edited May 8

Just as a reminder: Haddonfield - Lampkin Lane is a map as big as The Game - Gideon Meat Plant. there is 20 and more pallets on The Game and less than half on Lampkin Lane.
    And more, you still have some dead/trash pallet on houses of Haddonfield now, like these ones:

A feast for your BloodLust, 100% confirmed hit.
    … an extra one absolutely unreachable during a chase:

Map designers have definitively no idea how works a loop or a 'mindgame', they have proved it again…

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,991

It's actually more detrimental to even play these pallets. You better off taking a hit and running somewhere else.

• n000b51
    edited May 14

Be glad to play on this broken Haddonfield because this is what you got on the next map:

Map designers never lack of imagination for more variety during loops…

• n000b51
    edited June 3

Even more, when the survivor has dropped this unsafe pallet here, the killer can go along it and he can reach the survivor with a free hit ! Absolutely hilarious.