My Thoughts on the Bubba Buff

Lithi
Lithi Member Posts: 29

Bubba players have been asking and waiting for this moment for years now, and finally we get it. It’s really beautiful to see bubba get some love after being neglected for a while.

Basekit Chili is really amazing and needed.

1.5% speed increase is great as well, as long as they keep beast marks and knife scratches so they have their speed effect still (reduced a little bit ofc)

COLLISION CHANGE: I personally think this change is not a good idea. Bubbas collision is fine and rewards players who are experienced with his power, and gives newer bubba players a challenge to learn. Reducing this kinda kills the work a lot of experienced bubba players put in. What needed to be changed was invisible collisions, not bubba’s collision hitbox.

Tantrum change is good, will help newer players a lot. Honestly with this the collision change makes even less sense, seems like trying to cater to new players more but it will affect og bubbas too.

Addon adjustments will have to see when they come!

Overall this buff is really amazing and I’m so happy bhvr finally listened to the bubba community and gave our boy some love ❤️

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 420

I love Bubba and I'm looking forward to the changes. He was already a decent killer and now he's going to be much better to play and I'm already getting scared of the players who can make those insane turns.

This change will make some survivors respect him at least.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,666

The changes to tantrum were very needed in my opinion. No other killer gets punished so much for making mistakes, it made him extremely frustrating to the point where i gave up playing him. Reliance on chili was also another reason which i'm glad they addressed.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,372

bubba is going to feel so good.

• Lithi

I’m fine with the tantrum changes, though I didn’t mind it being 5 seconds before. This will be a good change to help newer players learn him better. But the collision changes I feel are unnecessary, cus needing to be careful with your chainsaw added a lot of skill to him. So I hope if they do decide to reduce his hitbox its not by a lot

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,666

This might be a hot take but with his improved collisions, I really don't think reducing the tantrum is a good idea. He is already quite a fearsome killer and reducing the risk just feels wrong to me. The base kit Chili will feel great though. Now I can finally stop bringing yellow Chili every match. More speed is also great.

• SignedUp4PTBFeedback
    SignedUp4PTBFeedback Member Posts: 58

Seems like a good buff overall, PTB will show if it's overtuned in some way.

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678

I main Bubba since 2019 and I have massive experience on him. I really like the buffs, but I hope The Beast's Marks Add-On will increase the movement speed at least by 2%. Also I think they may just rework Tantrum Add-Ons for Bubba. It would be so weird to have like 2 seconds Tantrum or less with specific Add-Ons while using 1 Chainsaw Charge. As a experienced Bubba Player I would takie more increased speed instead of duration, but I take these changes.

• Lithi

I don’t think either were needed, he needed invisible collisions fixed not hitbox reduction. I would rather have lower tantrum than reduced collision

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 663

Great change, collision buffer should only apply to controller if possible. M&K is fine.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,735

Bubba will definitely feel a lot better, that’s one of his best addons basekit + slight speed increase with no downside (unlike the speed addons). Tantrum reduction is good as well.

I understand your sentiment regarding the collision change, I don’t think a minor adjustment to this would be bad but I could see it removing a significant component of his skill cap if it is more than minor. But we’ll have to see how it is on the PTB.

Overall excellent changes.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,666

I don't think he needs the added skill. He's not a very good killer. Pallets and windows are already enough obstacles that become more of an obstacle with the better survivors and his power doesn't really stand out as being rewarding enough to have another obstacle.

I think he really needs this change because he is a very frustrating killer and his pick rate has been dropping a lot too.

• Lithi

What do you mean added skill? I don’t understand what you mean by this. Bubba currently is the most mechanically skillful killer in the game and I would like it to stay this way. The buff is enough to increase his pickrates they don’t need to make him easier to play on top of it

• needtorename
    needtorename Member Posts: 19

Lovely post

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,044
    edited May 15

Its a good post my man!

COLLISION CHANGE: I personally think this change is not a good idea.
    Bubbas collision is fine and rewards players who are experienced with
    his power, and gives newer bubba players a challenge to learn. Reducing
    this kinda kills the work a lot of experienced bubba players put in.
    What needed to be changed was invisible collisions, not bubba’s
    collision hitbox.

Just curious have you gotten some explanation/fottage of just how much the collisions have changed and where they make the difference?

The effect to me seems to be if his collision is reduced, this makes issues such as invisible walls less prominent in general, even if a map has a jagged hitbox edge, the change future proofs him against this kinds of things… The question is how much does it change against locations you would expect to hit hit terrain? Is it extremely noticable and egregious, or does it remain mostly logically consistent?

EDIT:

Nevermind you did it here 😁

Post edited by UndeddJester on