Pharmacy Update

ReverseVelocity
ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,299
edited May 17 in Feedback and Suggestions

Pharmacy has never really been a very used perk, and with the adjustments to Medkits, it's become even worse.

I had an idea which involves giving Pharmacy a unique limited item, which would allow Pharmacy to be balanced independently from Medkits.

Pharmacy:

You have a knack for finding medicine.

The Unlocking Speed of Chests is increased by 40/60/80% and the range of noises caused by Unlocking Chests is reduced by -8 metres.

When Injured, Unlocking a Chest guarantees an Adrenaline Injector.

If you have not opened or rummaged a Chest during the Trial, you gain the ability to rummage through an opened Chest to find an Adrenaline Injector.

New Limited Item - Adrenaline Injector:

A pristine medical device, filled with a shot of pure Adrenaline.

Hold the Use Item Button to inject the device into either yourself or another Survivor. Injecting another Survivor increases the action speed by +50%. Finishing the interaction heals the injected Survivor by one Health State.

Using an Adrenaline Injector takes 10 seconds.

The injector could reuse the Vaccine animation. It'd be a nice touch.

Post edited by ReverseVelocity on

Comments

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,044

Actually very thematically on point for Quentin, a unique item is cool. Couple of clarifications if you wouldn't mind: -

• Is the faster chest unlock speed and noise range reduction at base, or only applied when injured as it is now?
    • The Adrenaline Injector is a temporary item like Flashbang I assume, and can be carried along with another item?
    • Can you keep using it on unopened/unrummaged chests, or is once per trial? Maybe once after being unhooked/unhooking yourself? (2 uses).

But yes, cool idea.

• ReverseVelocity
    edited May 17
    • It's a base thing, you won't need to be injured. This is a pretty common complaint you see about Pharmacy, so I made it base.
    • Yes, it's a Limited Item, it works like Flashbang in terms of being carried and can be taken alongside a regular item.
    • The rummage is only once per trial, and is made to eliminate the other common complaint about Pharmacy, people opening the chests before you can. It's meant as a last resort kind of thing in case everyone else has opened the chests. I'll edit the description to make it more clear.

• UndeddJester
    edited May 18

What I like most is having rewatched the Nightmare On Elm Street remake, this is absolutely perfect for the character, and with the Perk Adrenaline losing its effect vs. Freddy (for good reason), this change brings the spirit of the original perk additon back.

A few tweaks I might suggest now I've slept on it (and this is more to keep the theme of the perk more on healing yourself than anything else).

Pharmacy

New Quote: "You know what, side effects are kinda the least of my concerns right now..." - Quentin Smith

• Increases the speed of unlocking chests by 30/45/60% (6.25s)
    • Reduces the hearing range of noises related to unlocking by -8m.

While injured:

• Increases the speed of unlocking chests to 60/90/120% (4.54s)
    • Once per trial opening a chest or rummaging an already opened chest grants an Adrenaline Injector.

This gives it a desirable passive effect, but sticks to the theme a little more. I hope this is introduced, cause the changes to higher tier medkits has made this perk a little blech.

If you wanted to get whacky, you could add an additonal effect to the Adrenaline Injector... like for 30s skillchecks move like Deadline/Madness or something xD

• ReverseVelocity

Would the Adrenaline Injector be once per trial in your idea? Because that's basically just Old Pharmacy and that perk wasn't very good. It'd need multiple heals otherwise it's just objectively worse than Inner Strength. The idea of increasing chest unlock speed further when injured is a pretty neat idea though.

Maybe an additional effect, if you wanted one, would be to make you hear the Terror Radius as if it were right next to you for, like, 10-15s. I don't think a debuff would be really necessary but the idea of your heart pounding because you just took a shot of Adrenaline is a cool one thematic wise.

• its_vk
    its_vk Member Posts: 6
    • The problem with your suggestion is it is imbalanced when used by squads. that would be a meta and all of them would run it, which will bring back the problem with medkits.
    • They need to revert it back to its original setup.
    • I used Pharmacy all the time before the changes, and I absolutely loved it. It should be a benefit for solo que players.
    • I suggest:
    • It should guarantee a green or purple medkit every time.
    • if you open all three chests it will always guarantee a medkit (like before) and you get 1 rummage (similar to torch and toolbox perks)
    • There shouldn't be a requirement to be injured to use it, like it was originally.
    • When you grab a green medkit, you should get two heals. If it's a purple one, you should get two full heals plus a speed boost.

Importantly, only the person with Pharmacy equipped should be able to use those extra charges and speed boosts, and only for themselves.

Solo que could benefit from the suggestions and because the benefits are for themselves, it wont be so much of an issue if squads do you use as someone else picking up your medkit doesnt have the added benefits.

• YuffieGreatestWaifu
    YuffieGreatestWaifu Member Posts: 198

Here is my solution
    Pharmacy

2 Tokens
    When next to a chest used or not you can rummage through it using a token to gain a Green Medi kit and 2 green add-ons

• UndeddJester

Oh sorry, I thought that was what you were saying, you get 1 rummage or 1 open chest... now I think you mean you get it opening chests and you get 1 rummage?

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 966

That sounds super unique, and suits Quentin perfectly. Plus it's a nice change compared to the Pharmacy we have today, I'm 100% down for this rework.

• ReverseVelocity

You get opening chests, and if you haven't opened a chest yet, you get 1 rummage.

Opening a chest for the first time will consume the rummage. It's only meant to be if other people open chests first.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,122

I'd just love the chest passive to be useable at all times so I can run item builds again, I love the unique item idea though!

• UndeddJester

Hmmm... been pondering this one. The reasoning makes sense, and a single use is probably too weak... though a potential 4 uses is pretty strong for effectively a fast medkit, that you can even carry as an additional item. A SWF taking it can potentially get 6 uses, or even 11 + 4 if they all use shiny coins.

While I like the rummage to ensure a use, it does open the perk up to being made troublesome...

Maybe it should be capped at 2 uses perk survivor, and allows rummaging while injured, consuming a use when either opening a chest or rummaging a chest. Each chest can only be rummaged once.

• ReverseVelocity

By default it'd only be a maximum of 3 uses. To rummage you need an opened chest, and opening a chest would disable the rummage.

• UndeddJester
    edited May 20

Apologies if I'm being dense, I think I've got it ๐Ÿ˜…

So just to be sure, you can only rummage if you haven't opened a chest and got 1 at any point? Otherwise you only have the 3 chest opens.

This would mean if 4 survivors take the perk, a maximum of 6 injectors (3 opens and 3 rummages for the other 3 players) is possible at base.

Is there anything to limit injured survivor running across the map and just opening every chest when they're injured to spawn them all in? With 4 shiny coins it'd be be possible for a SWF to spawn in 11 of these by opening chests, and 3 more via the other 3 players rummaging.

Bit silly ofc, and if survivors do it the killer will see the offerings and know whats up, and can ensure they pressure the same injured player off hook to ensure they can't do it, so maybe it's fine... but having up to 11 of these injectors in the map sounds a little nutty ๐Ÿ˜…

• ReverseVelocity

Yes, you've got it now.

There isn't anything to limit a Survivor running across the map and opening every chest, or stacking shiny coins, but there wasn't really anything stopping you from doing that with Pharmacy anyway, even before medkits were nerfed.

I think running across the map trying to open 11 chests while injured is a) pretty risky and b) pretty time consuming. It might sound nutty on paper but I don't think it'll be all that concerning in practice.