The Trapper Buff Idea

Options

The Trapper | Base Kit Changes

• The Trapper starts a Trial with 4 Bear Traps equipped (was 2).
  • The Trapper starts a Trial with additional 6 Bear Traps spawned in random places on the map (was 8).
  • The Trapper can use Entirt to summon the Bear Trap from every position within 32 meters.
  • This ability has 25 seconds cooldown.
  • Setting a Bear Trap grants 7.5% Haste Status Effect for 10 seconds (was 5 seconds).
  • Setting a Bear Trap increases Pallets & Generators Breaking speeds by 20% for 30 seconds.
  • Decreased time required to set the Bear Trap to 1.5 seconds (was 2.5 seconds).
  • Increased time required to disarm a Bear Trap to 7 seconds (was 3.5 seconds).
  • Increased time required to escape from a Bear Trap to 4 seconds (was 1.8 seconds).
  • Increased time required to rescue Survivor from a Bear Trap to 1.5 seconds (was 4 seconds).
  • Setting a Bear Trap is silent.
  • Bear Traps are slightly darker.

The Trapper | Add-Ons Changes

Bear Oil

• Survivors injured by a Bear Traps suffer from Oblivious Status Effect for 60 seconds.

Trapper Gloves

• Increases time required to disarm a Bear Trap by 3 seconds.

Four Coil Spring

• Increases time required to rescue Survivor from Bear Trap by 2 seconds.

Coffee Grounds

• Increases the Haste Status Effect duration by additional 5 seconds.

Lenghtened Jaws

• Survivor caught into Bear Trap reveals all Survivors Auras within 32 meters for 8 seconds.

Serrated Jaws

• Survivors injured by Bear Traps suffer from Mangled & Haemorrhage Status Effect for 90 seconds.

Wax Brick

• Decreases summoning Power cooldown by 5 seconds.
  • Increases summoning Power range by 5 meters.

Fastening Tools

• Decreases time required to set the Bear Trap by 0.5 seconds.
  • Setting a Bear Trap grants Undetectable Status Effect for 20 seconds.

Rusted Jaws

• Survivors injured by Bear Traps suffer from Broken Status Effect for 60 seconds.

Secondary Oil

• Increases time required to escape from Bear Trap by 3 seconds.
  • Survivor that escapes from the Bear Trap suffer from 4% Hindered Status Effect for 20 seconds.

Tar Bottle

• Tremendously darkens the Bear Traps.
  • Successful Bear Trap Event grants 5% Haste Status Effect for the next 20 seconds.

Oily Coil

• Open Bear Traps reveal Survivors Auras within 6 meters for the next 6 seconds.

Tension Spring

• Survivor that disarmed Bear Trap will suffer from Exposed Status Effect for 30 seconds.

Trapper Sack

• Use Entity to set the Bear Trap that is placed on the ground from 24 meters distance.

Comments

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 409
    Options

These are good QoL changes, but I feel like it won't make much of a difference in terms of strength.

I've been saying for years that the trapper's real problem is how easily survivors can nullify his power in a matter of seconds. It doesn't matter if he starts the game with all the traps or if he has 50 traps because it's very easy to disarm them and it doesn't require any type of skill.

One solution I proposed is that Bloody coil should be basekit and work in a different way. the traps should have a risk when disarming them, I think it could be a difficult skillcheck like overcharge.

If the survivor fails the skill check, he is injured and is trapped for 1 or 2 seconds with an animation as if his hand had been trapped due to a mistake but if he completes it successfully, the trap is disabled for the trapper for 20-30s, this way the basement strategy and the strategy of locking down some areas do not become so oppressive if the survivor manages to get it right.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    edited May 19
    Options

He'll have his time to shine in 2v8 I feel especially if it becomes a mainstay like they say. I still think he is a good killer, he just has niche strengths. If you homogenise him to just be a chase killer, then… what's the point, he'll just be man with machete, not the trapper.

I think Demo is onto something, maybe like the mimics that Vecna has, it would work well with his base perk unnerving presence etc.

I do like the idea of being able to set traps from a distance with a CD however, but it could be a huge issue where you activate a trap at will when someone runs over one they just disarmed, it'd feel awful to play against.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

Traps should not be darker but rather more camouflaged, also a few of those feel quite annoying, basekit in combination with addon 10 second time to disable a trap? Jesus that's a long time... Basement trapper unbeatable xD

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,915
    Options

i agree, but i think it is better to just put iri stone. it set traps up passively for trapper and if a trap is disabled, the add-on can reset it over time.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    Options

Reading everything here, the ideas I really like:

• Starting with an extra couple of traps at the start of the map over the his carry limit. This helps him get going at tne start of the trial.
    • Difficult skillcheck when disabling the trap woth a wound on failure. Bloody Coil always wounds still, but also adds deep wound when it fails.

This seems like a couple of really nice changes for Trapper.

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 561
    Options

I was thinking about it and yeah it would make him much better.