Disappointed the finisher mori is being floated again

Options
pseudechis
pseudechis Member Posts: 3,902
edited May 15 in Feedback and Suggestions

Mori’s are a great part of the game weather by offerings, perks or powers they really add violent flavour.

Being able to mori every survivor in a match is one of the better aspects of the game, but the concept of a finisher mori waters this down greatly.

Maybe they’ve taken player feedback into account but I think the whole premise is flawed. I’m hoping this only affects offerings and doesn’t eventually bleed over into changing things like Devour Hope or Myer’s tombstone.

It’s a slippery slope.

Guess it’s time to use my bank of moris up.

Comments

• pseudechis
    Options

Yeah any changes to DH in that respect would really suck.

DH is a staple in a lot of my killer builds simply because of how rewarding it is to get those 5 stacks. Both mechanically and fun wise.

Mori's are interesting because of the limited nature of their deign. You either have to spend BP's for offerings or build up to it with game mechanics.

Having the last kill just just play a mori animation, is a really lackluster idea. Its going to become one of those repetitive cut scenes you have to sit through at game end that don't really add any flavour.

Especially when you consider it will likely remove the actual flavour of moris in order to implement them as a built in cut scene.

Its almost as if someone sitting in a development meeting said "how can we make this interesting and impactful thing less interesting and impactful?"

"I know just take it out of the hands of the players and make it a generic cut scene"

• pseudechis
    Options

Moreso when they have demonstrated its possible to customize moris with custom cosmetics. If wanting to monetize moris do it that way and leave the current offering, perk and addon system intact.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 602
    Options

Hot take, I think it’s a great idea and hope they make and sell a bunch of moris. You’ll see Moris way more often (because almost nobody uses them currently) If you want to Mori 4 people in a match you can use Devour Hope (which is more fun) And I think the changes are for the best.

Why stifle creativity? What does the finished Mori hurt? The 0.00000000000001% chance you crawl to hatch? It’s also stops you from being slugged out for 4 minutes if you’re the last alive (it’s happened to me plenty of time) People complain and hate on something without having any idea what it’s like, it’s not like the old version where everyone died. It’s better and more fair.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,278
    edited May 16
    Options

Hmmmm... it's an interesting debate, and it's hard to deny how scary it is to be up against Devour Hope or Rancor... it'd be a shame to lose their effects, as they both cause a "Oh crap" moment once the survivors realise its in play.

With Mori's being basekit, if its something that needs to be earned, such as a 10 hook minimum to mori the last survivor, then it does attain a certain rarity… not only do you have to win, but you also have to win convincingly...

The creation of more moris for each killer also has potential to retain the novelty of moris, as players who have a Main will have unique flavours for their killers.

That said I'm against being transported off into the somewhere plane of existence. If the camera is a problem, I'd be more in favour of once a mori is triggered the camera gains no clip, and all terrain above floor level between the camera and the killer is occluded.

So overall, I don't hate the idea... but I think I'd prefer somewhere in the middle, keeping perk moris, adding basekit moris and offerings being a mori bloodpoint bonus.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,237
    Options

Doesn't really affect game play from any aspect. Simply allows us to see cool mori's more often and them make more money selling unique mori's.

• Blueberry
    edited May 19
    Options

Eh an offering that also had little game play impact. A "novelty" if you will. I don't really mind if they did leave the other mori's as they are, I just think it seems pretty irrelevant either way. I just think people are making a bigger deal of it than it is.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,216
    Options

I'm on the fence.

On one hand, Mori's are useful if survivors run to areas with no hooks and are on death hook/last survivor.

On the other hand, the possibility for more Mori's to be sold and a cool finish to a 4k is pretty nice.

• Blueberry
    Options

Yes because we should definitely jump to conclusions and assume a bunch of stuff they never said or implied.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,105
    Options

Why does it remove Devour Hope and Rancor? The whole point is that they can Mori people before you end the game. It doesn't make those perks less effective, and the developers will most likely not touch them.

• ReverseVelocity
    edited May 19
    Options

I don't know. It seems they want to make as little changes as possible to the core gameplay or perks now when it comes to implementing moris in the base game.

A big complaint with the first iteration was that Devour and Rancor were changed and lost their flair. I really doubt they'd do that again.

• ReverseVelocity
    Options

Most of the complaints were with the anti-slug measures and all the changes that came with that.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,180
    edited May 19
    Options

Mori offerings can problematic gameplay wise and honestly I would be glad to get a nice bp refund for all of the ones I have saved up. I don't think they would change perk related moris just because they're giving some form of basekit mori in the future.

• pseudechis
    Options

Any Devour changes would be a big kicker for me. I run DH a lot and getting to 5 stacks for some super mori fun is really rewarding.

• pseudechis
    Options

one would hope that mori related perks would remain the same. There is plenty of room for “problematic” gameplay with a finisher mori too.

I just don’t see the change as necessary.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 395
    Options

I said it before and I'll say it again, the only thing that should be done is making the yellow mori basekit.

And that's it. The green and red moris remain the same, Rancor and Devour Hope stay same, the only change will be that now yellow mori is basekit.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,643
    edited May 20
    Options

"it will basically guarantee that nearly every game, the Killer will slug for the 4k."

100% this. Same issue I had the first time around. If they monetise moris then as a survivor I expect I'll be spending alot of time on the ground, particularly if I'm one of the last two left, so the killer can get their monies worth. I'm positive people will just let go on hook in unwinnable games to avoid being in the dreaded last two.