The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Still Sight might become one of the most useful aura perks after Kindred, great job BHVR!

Leonardo1ita
Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,277
edited May 31 in Feedback and Suggestions

Now that it's 24 meters, the possibility of using it with Open-Handed in a team, that extends it to 40 (!), revealing the killer's aura, chests, and gens, might really make it GREAT!

Especially when you're playing on stealth or before a hook, and don't know what the killer is planning, or when to go for a save, it allows for great info across the map, especially on a coordinated team!

Sometimes you might even be able to use it on a pallet or a window, especially if the killer is taking a long time to do a mindgame XD!

I would only reduce the time required to 3 or 2 seconds, to make the perk really perfect.

HANDS UP BHVR, VERY WELL DONE!

Post edited by Leonardo1ita on

Comments

• Cali88
    Cali88 Member Posts: 21
    edited May 30

Key word: might

It requires two perk slots and the player standing still for at least 4 seconds. It still may end up more of a detriment to try getting use out of. It should've been reducing activation time to 4/3/2 seconds instead

Also eta: Open-Handed extends auras by 16 metres so it's actually 40 metres total

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,277

Oh #########, right, it's 40 meters, I almost forgot! Well, Open Handed is just 1 perk out of 16, which allows MASSIVE value.
    But yeah, it could also be not THAT strong.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489

I doubt that. The perk requires someone to be useless for the teams progress. You cannot afford to play a 3 vs 1 on this actual balance.

• YuffieGreatestWaifu
    YuffieGreatestWaifu Member Posts: 196
    edited May 31

If you want a better use Key with Amber and Scratched Pearl 44M and I dont have to stand still for 4 seconds and I get 2 perks freed up.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,623
    edited May 31

I think the perk will not be that good in practicality.

On it's own, 24 meters is less than most terror radii . So seeing the killer aura doesn't seem that appealing when it takes 4 seconds of inactivity (standing still), in the terror radius, when you would usually be running or sneaking away. On indoor maps with multiple floors i could see this being helpful though, but only if you are vulnerable because otherwise you should be doing a gen.

Chest auras don't seem very useful. Maybe if you are desperate for a self heal but personally for me bringing a medkit with enough for 2 self heals is usually enough.

Gen auras i think will be decent on indoor maps. On outdoor maps you look for the flood lights.

Combining it with open handed is pretty expensive, and im not sure if it's worth it. Sure, it's 2/16 total survivor perks, but it's 2/4 perks for that survivor. That makes them more vulnerable, since that's 2 less slots to use on something like anti-tunnel or stealth or self heal perk.

Seeing killer aura within 40 meters after standing still for 4 seconds i'm not sure is worth 2 perks. Most killers are revealed majority of the time from chasing anyways. And stealth killers are obscured by undetectable. Myers is an exception to that however.

Personally i don't see this perk being meta. I think it's a fun tool similar to Kindred, but because it requires you to go inactive for 4 seconds i don't think it'll be practical like kindred which happens automatically.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

I don't think current version is bad, nor oppresive.

But buffing delay would bring it closer to old Object of obsession and that should never happen. Delay should definetly be 4 seconds at least.

4 seconds make it so value for SWF is not that much bigger compare to soloQ (personal information). This make it viable to check only if you need to / have time for it, but it is going to give you lot of information. There should definetly be some time investment, when there is no cooldown / duration limit.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,398

Most killers have a terror radius of about 32m. Unless you are standing around being useless to your team, you're likely to hear them coming before you spot them with this perk. The only benefit lies in knowing where they are coming from, though by the time you've stood still long enough they'd be close enough that you probably would have benefited from running early anyway. Other perks, like Alert and Fogwise, are better in that regard anyway imo