Let open door even if hatch is open

cclain
cclain Member Posts: 47
edited June 2 in Feedback and Suggestions

As a survivor it happens that I am the last one alive with 2 generators and the killer camp the hatch instead of closing it. Which leaves me with only 2 choices, commit suicide or give my position with a generator.

Can you please let survivor open the door with the hatch open

Comments

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 659

'Why should you get out for free when you failed to do all gens and also did not manage to find the hatch first?'
    The thing is: to stay on the open hatch is probably more like to take a game hostage because the game is locked & no progression can be done from both sides. So I think to do not close the hatch is probably bannable if it persists after 2 minutes because the last survivor can do absolutely nothing except to search a chest and to hope to found a purple key for some reason…
    Anyway, a killer with 'No Way Out' can camp the closed hatch as well.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

The game is not in a hostage situation, you can still do gens, therefore progression can be done. And the killer can close it if he wants to progress the game towards the EGC activating. What exactly does a key help you when the killer just stands on top of the open hatch?

No I don't think this is or should be banable…

• n000b51
    edited June 2

'The game is not in a hostage situation, you can still do gens, therefore progression can be done'
    You are right here: he still can do the gens.
    'What exactly does a key help you when the killer just stands on top of the open hatch?'
    Well, if he has found it first, he has to close it. So the key allows the last 'surv' to open it as he knows where it has spawn, I guess.

• Archol123

The whole point the OP made was that the killer does not close it but just stand on top of it, so the survivor does not gain potential access to gate spawns that favor him in getting out... Whivh is why the key does not help.

• cclain
    cclain Member Posts: 47

do gen give your position to killer.

if you play survivor you know sometime ppl just suicide on killer, and if they suicide you cant do all gen alone.
    moreover you can set offering to have hatch in know position, so hard to find hatch before killer.

• n000b51

In this case, yes indeed, the survivor is trapped. Except if he - the survivor - chooses to repair one gen, notif' his location and the killer decides to move away from the hatch…

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,044

Taking games hostage has a clear and steady definition. It's not just a catch-all for "thing I don't like".

• TheRealConsent
    TheRealConsent Member Posts: 228

Survivors do the same thing, and I'm honestly tired of some people acting entitled to a 50% chance to escape after the Killer handed it to them.

What if, hear me out, we added a button for the Killer? When 5 gens are done, you get to press a button, and there's a 50% chance a random Survivor will die to a heart attack. Does that sound fair? Dying after playing correctly?

Now of course, there's a difference. One is game balancing, so I do believe hatch should exist. But what about the survivors that just camp exit gates? Some Killers are simply not fast enough to even hold W towards the exit gate the Survivor is at by the time it's open.

And this is ON TOP of the alreadt 50/50 chance for the Killer to find a hatch. Imagine this:

• Have a good start
    • Make the correct decisions, execute chases well
    • Maintain an adequate amount of pressure
    • Get 3 kills
    • Win a 50/50
    • Lose the last guy anyway

I think the fairest solution to all of this, is to make the Entity impale the survivor after the hatch is closed (If the gens weren't complete before). That way, the last Survivor still has a chance to win, the Killer can get a 4k, and there's no longer the issue of hatch/exit gate camping.

• Archol123

Sounds about right :) In addition make adepts and such just nobody can escape through the gate, therefore the reason to slug for the 4k gets a bit reduced.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

to stay on the open hatch is probably more like to take a game hostage because the game is locked & no progression can be done from both sides.

You can work on gens as survivor.