So what perks do survivors complain about now?

Options

Pain Res nerfed

Pop nerfed

Ultimate Weapon nerfed

What's next?

Answers

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

Survivors weren't complaining about them, which is why I didn't mention them.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 535
    Options

The year after next, they will demand a nerf because they cannot enjoy the all-boon totem configuration + boilover + sabotage configuration due to shattered hopes.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 611
    Options

So it's widely assumed that since High MMR games end with high kill rates then everything is fine, right? Apparently it's impossible for neither High MMR games nor 4 man SWF teams have a griefer, chill or inexperienced player.

• Green_Sliche
    Options

You really do think that the statistics that stated that killers like Freddy and Sadako had 60%+ kill rates are legit and these killers are on good spot and probably need to be nerfed too, right? It's exactly the type of statistics that devs present, griefers, trolls and chill people who only inflate kill rates are not excluded from the final numbers.

That's is like saying killers are natively stronger than survivors because they can kill them. Well, yeah, what you do expect them to do?

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

I'd rather they did them equally and at the same time.

I remember Mori's getting a nerf, (rightfully) but keys were a year later. Doesn't seem to be done evenly.

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 144
    Options

Okay but seriously unforeseen is kinda busted, especially on high mobility killers.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,675
    Options

God...

That Myers pic destroys me. Too unusual...

Regarding the topic. These perks where seen every match and created really stale gameplay. IMO the nerfs are justified. This comes from a 70-30 killer-survivor player.

Even weaker killers are not as dependent on pop and pain res as some people make it out to be. Let's he real. How many of you religiously play Freddy every day and crutch hard on both of these perks?

He's the only I would consider to rely on some of them. Others work better with corrupt or something like that.

Maybe this finally opens the eyes of some people for other perks and a bit more variety.

I just played 7 rounds with:

• Bloodwarden
    • Weave attunement
    • Franklin's demise
    • Alien instinct

Really fun build I can definitely recommend in lobbies with high item usage.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,788
    Options

Trail of Torment gives a notification (the highlighted Gen). It is IMO way weaker than Unforeseen.

• radiantHero23
    Options

It's only undetectable is it not? Is that really that threatening? Most killers are rather loud.

The only killer is see it being pretty good on is Bubba.

High mobility killers:

• Billy
    • Nurse
    • Blight
    • Demo
    • Oni
    • Dredge
    • Unknown
    • Sadako
    • Vecna
    • Wraith

Most of them have sound clues when they are approaching or are straight up pretty loud like Billy and Dredge.

Even Chucky giggles when he is undetectable.

It's not bad but it's not amazing if you know what I mean. There's definitely better.

As I said before, Bubba seems to be the only really threatening one with the perk.

Am I missing something?

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    Options

Nerfing the best gen regression perks while the gen speeds perks and items are untouched is just how BHVR babysit survivors. That's why most survivors don't get better at the game unlike killers, which create a false sense of killers being overpowered when in reality it's just survivors not wanting to get better at the game and instead ask for nerfs for killer side.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,788
    Options

I just wanted to say that Unforeseen is way better than Trail of Torment. Being only undetectable for a bit but not giving any indication is better than being undetectable until the Gen stops regressing, but giving a notification to the Survivors that the Killer is Undetectable.

And I think it is good on some Killers, but it is just not a Slowdown-Perk which is good on every Killer. IMO it is a strong Perk, which is also good designed.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 646
    Options

But you can combine trail with dragon's grip and call of brine

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,879
    Options

honestly i think the perk is kinda BS but it not exactly op. It just extremely cheesy on some killers. Wall hack irl plague love running it for auto dubs in my experience. It just absurd that u can be undetectable whenever u want. I don't personally use much slow down but i thought pain res/pop was alright. Tunneling the real issue and it never get properly balance

• adsads123123123123
    Options

After some testing, my guess is Grim Embrace. It's currently the strongest killer perk.

• Green_Sliche
    Options

First resolve the issue with first hook griefers. Then provide the average chase data for every killer rather than kill rates. Maybe also provide the average gen repair times too. There's plenty of data out there that could bring the light at how games are generally played rather than how games do end.

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276
    Options

PLEASE, enlighten me; what is there to get BETTER AT???

Looping? Learning how to sit through thanaphobia + Pentimento Legion and chug through an agonizing game? Learning how to simple say "better luck next game" After getting tunneled off hook at 5 gens? Perhaps learning how to be a better team player in solo q, where communication is non-existent?

Or perhaps, Watching your generator immediately regress because someone used Surge + Pain Res

Newsflash, there isn't much we as survivors (ESPECIALLY SOLO Q.) can do to get better at the game because in every opportunity we get, we have killers (like you for instance) screeching about how broken survivors are but REFUSE to open their eyes.

And if the picture STILL isn't clear enough for you, which I doubt it is; allow me to introduce to you a killer that is STILL disgusting to this day.

Skull Merchant.

• Riou2024
    Riou2024 Member Posts: 15
    Options

Literally everywhere on this forum, people were screaming, crying, throwing up about Adrenaline being a dead perk after the nerf and yet it's still top 3 in pick rates in nightlight lol.

• SaltyNooty
    Options

Funny how I made no mention of Nurse, Blight or Spirit. Nurse is a given, people who play her know what they're doing, much to our dismay and suffering.

And yes, I do think that killer players were in a good spot before these nerfs and spoiler alert, They still are. I'd like to remind you that not every survivor you face or interact with is a SWF waiting to hit you with a flash save because it's funny. ( I say this because Objectively, killers are STILL more likely to win with or without those certain perks, it was just the ' Go to ' for many killers. )

I believe the answer to your question is obvious but I'll spell it out for you; you continue to mix and match perks till you find the build for you, or put bluntly; deal with it. You're in the same boat as every survivor is and it doesn't particularly feel good to have a perk YOU thought was perfectly fine (And or ' necessary to slow the game down ') get nerfed because "It's too difficult to counter, It's too broken, Complaint, Complaint, Complaint."

Now that killers have been handed what they ruthlessly dished out, it's not exactly a fun pill to swallow…is it?

If you're looking for a genuine answer, that wasn't downright condescending? That would be to actually change perks and find fun in some other combination rather then running the previous meta build for killers to easily gain a 4K. (Just like every other survivor does.)

• SaltyNooty
    Options

I don't really blame them, but I understand both sides. Being able to use adren off hook, ESPECIALLY IN END GAME is an actual make it or break it.

Personally, if they were gonna do that, adren should've kept the 5 seconds of speed cause 3 genuinely isn't enough, trust me.

• Green_Sliche
    Options

Perhaps I indeed should seek fun in 4 - 5 minute games by trying non-gen defense build. Bad me asking for changes that may make game for survivors less fun. I deserve a whip on the back for that.

• Rlabotath
    Rlabotath Member Posts: 125
    Options

The difference is they change killer Perks every other update, and survivor perks get touched once in a blue moon. The only survivor Perk exception is DS. Buckle Up was terrible for years, then got a massive buff, and got left for a long time, until they recently changed it. Pop was left weak for years, then buffed, nerfed, nerfed, buffed, nerfed, over buffed, nerfed, slightly buffed, then nerfed again, and that's in a relatively short amount of time.

The easy summary is Survivor Strategies get to last a long time, whereas most, keyword most, killer strategies get nerfed within a handful of months of discovery.

Adrenaline had a long run and needed the nerf because it made no sense. It was not counterable. Don't get me wrong, I still use it because I love having a free heal, but now it's not a free heal off hook whenever, it requires survivors to time it with a hit, or unhook, since you still have agency over it with when the last generator pops. You see it all the time in IDV, the ping "Cipher primed" so when they get hit, they get the free health state and speed boost. The fact it could be banked meant it didn't require any thought. Not to mention if the Killer was carrying you, they could cheese the heal out by dropping you and immediately swinging, and that sucked on both ends.

And before you accuse me of being a killer main, I play both equally, and the only part of Survivor that's difficult is stupidity, but I enjoy it nonetheless.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

insidious

• North85
    North85 Member Posts: 111
    Options

I think they should nerf every slugging perk next, so Knock Out, Deerstalker, Third Seal, Im sure I'm missing a few more.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,411
    Options

Lethal Pursuer has got to be up there. Noed is also a safe bet. After that probably Franklin's Demise and Bamboozle.

Also, Pop and Pain Res will stay popular, so the complaints won't stop.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 266
    Options

To be honest, I'm surprised that Lethal Pursuer and Bamboozle haven't bee nerfed yet. Not because they need it, but because they are fairly strong perks, and those are the type of perks that are typically complained about

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    edited June 5
    Options

Because in my experience of playing and watching Dead by Daylight content most survivors feels like they dont get better over time. From content creators winning 95% of their killer games because survivors dont play nowhere close as good as them and make rookie mistakes to when watching content creators playing survivors where they either dont play seriously or give up on hook most of the times. Recently I saw a content creator that played survivor when eating and just killed himself on hook effing their team over, treating the game as a joke. Stuff like this is way too common on survivor side, easily giving up. The truth is playing survivor is nowhere as stressful as killer and they dont really care about dying, feel like some people play survivor actually want to be killed, I dont know if its something to deal with their emotions but overall survivors dont take the game as seriously as the killer side this is why I think there's a skill gap between the 2 sides generally.
    Also I rather face Skull Mommy than go against about half the roster of killers, if your teammates are on the same page with you, she is more than manageable but what can you do when survivors just give up so often when they see Skull Merchant.

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 144
    Options

No because with that there's counterplay. You can see the aura of the gen and fix it to remove the undetectable and you know the general area of the killer so you have some level of counterplay. With Unforseen they just have undetectable and there's nothing you can really do about it except hope the killers not one of the many that have a broken combo with it.

• radiantHero23
    Options
  • Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 521
    Options

Distortion probably.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,370
    Options

Just a reminder unlike 6.1.0 this one was almost purely one sided, 6.1.0 nerfed ruin, pop, pain res, corrupt at the same time that DH, DS, Self care, were nerfed (DH wasn't even badly nerfed yet since it was the patch of 1s endurance DH with no requirement of being hooked).

This patch the slowdown nerfs are balanced out by….. 1s off ds stun time

• adsads123123123123
    edited June 6
    Options

We've had metas before PainRes-Pop where this wasn't an issue.

Such as? I'm fairly sure every meta since the original Hex Ruin has been gen regression, and killers complained about every nerf. The metas were:

• Hex Ruin
    • Hex Ruin + Undying + Tinkerer
    • Eruption + CoB + Overcharge
    • Pain Res + DMS
    • Pain Res + Pop

win-streaks was on a clown, for example. Another one on Twins, both killers that were written off by the forum community as being garbage tier.

The Clown winstreak was performed with Redhead's Pinkie Finger, which completely changes the killer to an instant down killer. The streak would have been far less without it.

Twins was not considered weak. Many tier lists placed her in A or B tier. People just didn't play her because she was unfun and clunky.

Post edited by adsads123123123123 on