Isn't having close to 75% chance for this new map to be in the rotation a bit too high?

Elite
Elite Member Posts: 6
edited June 5 in Feedback and Suggestions

2-3 out of 4 games are on new map. We play DBD for what it is not for the new map, new killer, new patches. Those are the bonuses. We play DBD to enjoy the experience not to be forced to play a map we dont like.

Give the same %chance as all other maps. Its nothing special about it. Makes me feel like i am in some kind of horror rpg not DBD.

o7

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I agree the chances of spawning on the new map are too high. I don't want to constantly play the same map again and again, no matter if it's new or not. Not to mention I find the map to be a bit killer sided, so that doesn't help either.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,171

I have played many, many games and have yet to get the new map.

• kosaba11
    kosaba11 Member Posts: 119

Wish I had your luck, I haven't gotten to play on the new map yet.

• Unusedkillername
    Unusedkillername Member Posts: 215

I don't understand why the map needs an increased rotation chance when offerings exist as people that want to see the new thing will see it.

Then again I don't think BHVR thought through changing the map odds every week in the buildup to the anniversary as when RPD had increased odds I had a friend who kept getting it so they just quit DBD.

Lots of people just don't want to play certain maps and lots of others want to see a variety of maps not just the same stuff all the time.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,945

Agree.

It felt very monotonous getting it every match.

I wanted to try Vecna on a variety of maps and got only 3 others in 12 matches.

Those where Gideon meat plant and coal tower.

The map is fun to play and all but seeing it literally every game dampers the excitement a lot.

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345

Quick question btw

Is old borgo gone ? Or is it like yamaoka and so with 2 iteration of the map ?

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,211
    edited June 4

Guys, it's the new map.

It's not going to be favoured for long.

Let people try the new thing.

Enjoy the game please, it's not that serious. Besides, we all need time on the new map to learn it.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,171

Ive gotten old Borgo, it still is there, there is just another map added to that Realm.

• Zaydin
    Zaydin Member Posts: 275

Yeah. I am already sick of the new map. Especially those damn portals; they can effectively give a survivor a infinite loop. There needs to be a debuff that keeps them from using another portal for like 30 seconds to a minute.

• Zaydin
    Zaydin Member Posts: 275
    edited June 4

Shattered Square is still there. It's just no longer the only map in the Decimated Borgo realm and shares the Beef Tallow Mixture map offering with the Forgotten Ruins, much like Toba Landing and the Nostromo are part of the Dvarka Deepwood realm (Albeit with both maps having their own offerings) while the Garden of Joy and Greenville Square are part of the Withered Isle realm and are both included under the Ichorous Loam map offering.

• bornagain234
    bornagain234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 336

Im having to bring offerings to go there, I havent been there once naturally

• magical571
    magical571 Member Posts: 10

it's very survivor sided. it has some S+ tier loops underground, not even counting the portals.

Add to that, there's only two hooks, there's very safe windows and pallets, now bring in the protals and how they break chase, they have a mini cooldown so the killer will lag behind you, and it makes it so what would be a dead end in any of the other indoor maps or areas, here is a literal teleport. at least second floors have stagger and the like, portals have nothing going against them from the survivor side.

You are forced to slug if they choose to bring chases downstairs. and it's a bad map in general for any m1 killer, as i said, an extremely safe and always spawning loop below + portals that interrupt your chase timer, and upstairs you'll be left with gens spread around with this huge block in the middle, very easy to finish gens up there, you'll have to patrol corners of the map, so without something like nurse or blight upsatirs is bad, but not as bad as below, below is the worse.

And this map comes up so much, and it really is a bad map, just a gimmick, a pretty one i'll give them that. i love the details in each room and tunnel, but for one, outside is very plain, clearly all the effort went underground, and gameplay wise , undeground is awful for the killer, you best bet is to give those gens and do what every survivor complains about: patrol gens upstairs

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,159

As a Pig Main ๐Ÿ–....... I find that if I equip the perk Distressing on The Pig that I don't get the new map.... So maybe try this? In addition to getting a different map, you get a new playstyle as well. Lmk how it goes ๐Ÿ‘

Sincerely,

A ๐Ÿ– main

Beep the snoot

• EmpireCity830
    EmpireCity830 Member Posts: 118

My thoughts exactly. This map is a joke. I played a lot of games on it mostly killer and I think I got smoked most of the time with m1 killers. Gen spread is too far, main building is a maze and portals make survivors unhittable. I wish there was a delay of like a second before they can go in so you can hit them like you do over window/pallet vaults. M1 killers will lose automatically on this map, and the stronger killers besides Nurse are going to have a tough time in the main building. I don't know what they were thinking releasing this map in its current state to live servers.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,436

I've only had it once :( I want to explore it some more

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

I've had it a lot, but I do like it when the pick rate is high upon release so it's easier to get the "repair X gen in new map" achievement.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,945

You where almost convincing but you have made one big mistake, blowing your cover.

Its Boop noot Beep.

• dknb
    dknb Member Posts: 162

Im using map offerings first time.
    to avoid the terrible unfun newest map.

• CountOfTheFog

No, not anymore. It is indeed "Beep" now with the new Distressing playstyle.

While using Distressing and no stealth, it's like she's saying "Beep, beep, I'm coming through."

This new and improved playstyle allows you to still kill Survivors in the game without affecting their cardiovascular health in real life ๐Ÿ‘

#DistressingPig - let's get this trending in the ๐Ÿ– community ๐Ÿ‘

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,985

No

I still don't know how to run the map yet

• CountOfTheFog

I'm Literally going to have to start this right now. It's being given way too much.