We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Killers should have immunity to being blinded for like 20-30 seconds after a blind

Zaydin
Zaydin Member Posts: 275

Lost track of how many times a griefer has managed to chain blind me when I couldn't do anything to prevent it. Something to prevent that sort of abuse like a 20-30 second immunity would work I think. Also deter wasting flashlights all the time, hopefully.

Comments

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 749

I would actually prefer being blind constantly with Flashlights squads over dealing with a immersive hiding and ge rushing squads any day.

I dislike playing games where I cannot get a single hook or kills, all because the Survivors swfs wants to end the game as fast as possible and leaving so soon. But it is also annoying to deal with Flashlights right out in the opening with no easy means to secure my pickup and I am forced to slug and secure enough slugging to ensure they back off. Being blind is constant annoying, but then again... Lightborn exist if you really despise Flashlights.

• Zaydin

I don't bring Lightborn for just one flashlight; that's a waste of a perk slot. But inevitably the one turd who does have a FL is a troll who uses it at every opportunity and farms BP off constantly blinding you. I once got chain blinded three times in a row by the same guy because I couldn't see what was in front of me and the survivor was always in position to blind me again.

• Dream_Whisper

If you get blinded, used the sounds to track them, especially if they are injured. It maybe tricky to do if they are using Off the Record or weak Iron Will; but it is not impossible to look down and avoid doing any form of animation that gives the survivor ample time to be in good position to flashlight blind you long enough. Plus, you can also look up and down in chase, or what I love to do to survivors, I love to bait a pallet breaking animation by standing near it and make them think I attempting to break the pallet or pickup a survivor. 8 times out of 10, the survivor will be etching to go for that flashlight burn while not realizing that I am looking down and making them waste their flashlights juice.

There are quite a few tricks to bait and make them get cocky with the flashlights toget the edge you need to punished them for it. If they decide to try to flashlight burn you instead of running for distance to the nearest safe loop, it would be the edge you need to get a free hit or down if you can pretend to a stupid killer that loves destroying pallets all the time.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 312
    edited June 5

The only problem i have with flashlights is that when you pick a survivor, you can just try to counter a possible blind by picking the survivor facing a wall, but that doesn't happen when breaking pallets for example. It has absolutely no counter.

And no, "bruh dont break it!" is not a valid counter.

• Zaydin

Or you try to face a wall or high obstacle to make sure survivors can't blind you but because BHVR can't program hit boxes to save their lives, Survivors can blind you at 90-100 degree angles to your left or right.

• albertoplus

Yeah, thats why i did write "try to counter" heh. I have been blinded from angles that they were not even on my screen…

• Dream_Whisper

Some maps have weird collision, that shouldn't make sense on whatever or not they should have and shouldn't be able to get the blind yet possible.

perfect example: the dead dog saloon has these boarded up covered Windows on the ground floor next to the bar, in which you apparently can flashlight blind the kill from outside despite not seeing the killer nor can they see you.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,504

Look up if they're chaining blinds that counters it. Constant blinding is annoying but it's game mechanic we just have to accept or you can use lightborn.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,504

You can fake the pallet break so they at least waste their battery and then break it. Survivors lose distance after blinding so sometimes you can even get them instead if they would just run away. So it has some downsides to survivors too. It's game mechanic and I quess survivors has to have something fun.

• albertoplus

Yeah that window has no collision, but i was refering to getting blinded from my left/right or even from slightly behind me. Even with the new FoV, that shouldn't be possible.

I understand it has been in the game for ages, however the survivor has absolutely zero risk in there. Do you fake the pallet break and keep chasing survivor? The survivor can still stay on the same loop. Even if he did blind you already thinking you were going to break it, you usually cannot do the loop correctly while blinded. I honestly dont see a downside or risk here..