Weave Attunement + Franklin's Demise = 0 Fun

Options
Valuetown
Valuetown Member Posts: 262

I'm not going to sugarcoat it: this combination needs a nerf. Franklin's in and of itself is already such an unfun perk to play against, but Weave Attunement takes it 100 steps too far.

Please stop giving killers aura read for almost 0 effort. The aura range needs to be cut in half at least. It provides too much coverage at loops. Oblivious needs to go. Either that or have there be a cooldown on the perk. Better yet, make Weave Attunement only activate within the killer's terror radius AND have a cooldown.

This game is balanced around killers using addons and survivors using items. I would much rather play against 4 slowdown with an item of my choice over 2 slowdown and no item because of this awful combination. Too much information for free. Unnecessary status effect. Zero cooldown. Terrible design.

Comments

• Valuetown
    Options

Your scapegoat of flashlights really doesn't matter when half the maps are just walls and all you have to do is turn your camera into them 😀

FR tho, I've seen it 5 out of the 9 games I've played today. I also take it you didn't read my post considering I said I'd rather go against 4 slowdown. Try reading the whole thing next time!

• Valuetown
    Options

Why should the killer's fun be at the expense of the survivor's fun?

• Valuetown
    Options

Background player for a flashbang save, which is what I was talking about, was 12 meters before the update. It had an 8 m/s move speed and the flashbang had to be dropped at 1.5 seconds of the pickup animation starting. That's a 12 meter radius for flashbang + background player. So no, it was not a lot more than 12 meters. Some tiles are 16m by 16m. You're saying the killer should have almost full aura read on that entire tile because of one perk?

Also, for your "solution," how is having to check a 12 meter radius for the item in question, to then go and waste more time moving it to the edge of the map any different than the killer checking a 12 meter radius for a survivor?

• Valuetown
    Options

You can keep making assumptions all you'd like 😀

In regards to flashbang, let's keep moving those goalposts!!! Another 100 meters to go, keep it up!

• Valuetown
    Options

No. Next time show your math and I'd be inclined to believe you.

• Valuetown
    Options

That's why with our current roster of aura reading perks like BBQ and Friend's til the end, killers aren't still proxy camping and running immediately back to hook right? "Okayish" = 1/8th coverage of most map with 4 items on the ground.

• Valuetown
    Options

Oversimplification of the post is an oversimplification.

• Valuetown
    Options

The game shouldn't be designed that when one side is having fun the other is not. Asymmetrical or not, you can still have fun if you lose. The trick is to having fun and meaningful gameplay for both sides, and the devs appear to have long since abandoned that philosophy.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 747
    Options

I just drop my item before I get hit, sure Weave Attunement will still activate on me, but Franklins is none existent if you just drop it and grab it later.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,932
    Options

I actually do agree it's quite strong. I remember the outroar to Wire Tap giving aura reads at loops but that's easily countered by kicking the gen and is on a timer too. It still got nerfed with a longer activation requirement.

If you get hit with Franklin's then assume this perk is in play too and first chance you get cop the Obliviousness and take that item to a corner. Or take a perk that gives you the item you want or what you want to achieve - killers won't bring Franklin's or WA if none of the survivors have items in hand.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,008
    Options

In moments like these, sometimes you just gotta say "womp womp" and move on.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,224
    Options

Survivors no more use Toolbox on Gen but Sabo plus 1 survivor away from Gen. Also get complained about.

Things happen.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,323
    Options

You don't need an item. I almost never take items into trials.

A better solution would be to just put empty items in places that don't matter.

One survivor being away from gens doesn't matter if the killer gets all their chases invalidated with no hooks.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,224
    Options
  • ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 560
    Options

You can also play without a fourth perk, but I don't see the gameplay benefit of that. Of course you don't technically need an item, that doesn't mean the game isn't designed and balanced around them being in use.

Suggesting to play without an item to counter this perk combo is silly. It's like saying the best way to counter totem finding perks is to not bring hexes, like yeah sure, why don't I read into the future to predict exactly what I'm going up against and adjust my build accordingly?