Colorblind support needed please

Options

Comments

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

@Doultime said:
    If its implemented in the next chapter console should be getting the same treatment right?

That would be the right thing to do, giving all the platforms the same option.

• Condorloco_26
    edited December 2018
    Options

Dedicated servers today, colorblind options tomorrow.

Edit: Hopefully

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

ikr they are adding dedicated servers but not colorblind support. it will take a small amount of time to add color blind support they could even buy the system for it but no they are selfish.

• Doultime
    Doultime Member Posts: 82
    Options
    How is ps4 with the new updated engine and the brigther auras?
  • Condorloco_26
    Options

@Doultime said:

It actually looks great! In my opinion, at least in darker maps like the swamp, macmillan's and crotus prenn, the auras look much brighter and I didn't struggle at all finding hooks, gens, bbqs and even totems. It feels good, man. I didn't notice a huge difference on Coldwind though, but I only got a single chance in that map and the 3 survivors that spawned just dc'ed real quick.

I have yet to play on Gideon's and Lery's, let's see how that rolls.

The only map where I kinda struggled was curiously the new snow map... for some reason the auras don't look as bright or solid as in the other ones.

What do you guys think? How do things look from a survivor perspective? Hooked friends, crawling ones?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:

@Doultime said:

It actually looks great! In my opinion, at least in darker maps like the swamp, macmillan's and crotus prenn, the auras look much brighter and I didn't struggle at all finding hooks, gens, bbqs and even totems. It feels good, man. I didn't notice a huge difference on Coldwind though, but I only got a single chance in that map and the 3 survivors that spawned just dc'ed real quick.

I have yet to play on Gideon's and Lery's, let's see how that rolls.

The only map where I kinda struggled was curiously the new snow map... for some reason the auras don't look as bright or solid as in the other ones.

What do you guys think? How do things look from a survivor perspective? Hooked friends, crawling ones?

i havent gotten the new map yet but they look great. maybe they could brighten the auras on the new snow map a little bit to combat how dark it is with the snow

• Stompa
    Stompa Member Posts: 154
    Options

people asked for this for about 2 years now. and it took them 2 years to add a little feature for fotosensitive ppl

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

i havent gotten the new map yet but they look great. maybe they could brighten the auras on the new snow map a little bit to combat how dark it is with the snow

Yes, I think that would be the right thing to do. Played at all the other maps except Yamaoka's and they all look good. Aura-wise at least. Framerate is really bad though.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

In my opinion, Killer gameplay no longer suffers from a handicap with these new aura brightness (save for the new snow map). How are my fellow colorblind friends doing?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

these new map changes sometimes make the game extremely dark or extremely light I think its the moon when it changes it completley, changes how dark it is which is such a big change its the difference from living and dieing

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I concur. It is a struggle to play killer with colorblindness. I don't see blood trails unless I'm indoors. Scratch marks are a real pain. The auras are a joke. I often have to stop and really look in order to see where the gens are. Aura reading perks are all but useless for me too.

That said, I still play it and can 3-4k most times. It is just a headache. I have to play like a T-Rex. Look for movement, and then anticipate where they go.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@Warlock_2020 said:
    I concur. It is a struggle to play killer with colorblindness. I don't see blood trails unless I'm indoors. Scratch marks are a real pain. The auras are a joke. I often have to stop and really look in order to see where the gens are. Aura reading perks are all but useless for me too.

That said, I still play it and can 3-4k most times. It is just a headache. I have to play like a T-Rex. Look for movement, and then anticipate where they go.

Yeah I still can't follow bloodtrails or tracks, except on indoor maps, but at least the new aura brightness helped me a lot. Did you notice the change in auras?

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    these new map changes sometimes make the game extremely dark or extremely light I think its the moon when it changes it completley, changes how dark it is which is such a big change its the difference from living and dieing

Basements and underground house levels in both Haddonfield and Springwood are too dark I agree, but did you mean the whole maps being dark? Could it be a bug or something affecting some consoles? So far I haven't experienced a crash or any other terrible bugs that many people are reporting, and I'm on a PS4 slim.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    Bump 
  • Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    Options
    Bump
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

Yeah I still can't follow bloodtrails or tracks, except on indoor maps, but at least the new aura brightness helped me a lot. Did you notice the change in auras?

I'm struggling following scratch marks now also on PS4 that combined with the sound and the occasional rounds as killer where i can't swing my weapon have taken me from playing killer. The auras being brighter helps. It is a shame the engine update broke so much stuff again.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

I'm struggling following scratch marks now also on PS4 that combined with the sound and the occasional rounds as killer where i can't swing my weapon have taken me from playing killer. The auras being brighter helps. It is a shame the engine update broke so much stuff again.

The first few games after patching I was really happy to finally be able to see auras, but yeah, so many things are broken right now that it almost becomes unplayable. Unenjoyable, at least. Hopefully the fixes come soon.

• fcc2014
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:

@fcc2014 said:

The first few games after patching I was really happy to finally be able to see auras, but yeah, so many things are broken right now that it almost becomes unplayable. Unenjoyable, at least. Hopefully the fixes come soon.

Yeah i can deal with most things broke but the game still crashing and spawning in as killer but not being able to use my weapon or spawn as survivor with no HUD and getting no notification or progress bars just makes me play something else.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

i cant play because of survivors gliding after throwing down pallets its so annoying

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    i cant play because of survivors gliding after throwing down pallets its so annoying

Don't you like ice skating?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Don't you like ice skating?

yes but only at the campfire

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I don´t know what happened, but those changes are not all for good. While i can see auras better now, i can´t see other things on the map as killer. I lose survivors right in front of me, can´t see scratch marks (but those were a problem anyway). I don´t know if its a thing of the frame rate or something else, but playing killer got worse for me.

• fcc2014
    Options

The scratch marks have been an issue for people since the engine update.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options
    Bump!
  • ProfoundEnding
    Options
    Bump
  • Condorloco_26
    Options

@ProfoundEnding said:
    Bump

Brighter gen, hook and totem auras have improved the overall issue for me since 2.4. Do you still have severe trouble? I had to tweak my screen settings a bit, too. Maybe you can try that for a change.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

gens are now better on most maps, scratch marks and blood are next to not existend.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@sulaiman said:
    gens are now better on most maps, scratch marks and blood are next to not existend.

Yeah I had to learn to play without them at all. I can only see them on Gideon meat plant.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Bump.
  • ProfoundEnding
    Options

My bf still has problems. I don't see why they can't just add a colorblind mode instead of tweaking the lighting. Bump.

• p1ague
    p1ague Member Posts: 101
    Options

I'm not color blind, but I don't see how anybody could object to letting auras be customized to help those afflicted. The auras aren't supposed to be subtle or sometimes camouflaged, so it couldn't possibly be an advantage to highlight things in a different color.

Scratch marks might be more problematic (and you may just have to live with the fact that you can't see them just like other people can't hear breathing) but fixing auras would be a great start.

• Condorloco_26
    edited March 2019
    Options

@p1ague We've already proposed that option in this thread, even mentioning that whatever color we choose for gen auras, should be the same for survivor auras with bbq, so at least they blend together.

But I still don't understand why are there pink and yellow-esque auras for other perks and they won't let us customize them.

With 2.4 I noticed an improvement at least, having brighter auras for hooks, totems and gens. Except for the Ormond resort map, which I guess it was too new for the changes.

I'm colorblind to the extent of completely failing the Ishihara plates test, but at least I passed the green light/red light one. I play shooters and many different games with colorblind options. I don't think they give any advantage to normal vision people.

• p1ague
    p1ague Member Posts: 101
    Options

I didn't say it like it was a new idea, just saying that idea makes sense and I can't imagine any objectionable consequences to balance. Wanted to second it and keep topic alive (but again, scratch marks might be a harder sell)

• Condorloco_26
    Options

Lol I'm not saying you're recycling ideas, I just said it because the devs or at least community managers and mods have read it. And for some reason, they've only opted to make auras brighter.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

im back after a few months and they still havent done anything so i think weve done a pretty good job so far

• ProfoundEnding
    Options

Bump

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

tbh my issue is worse with scratch marks and blood, but i know each type of colorblindness will have different combinations that are better or worse. Every time I completely lose someone due to not being able to discern very obvious tracking visuals, its beyond discouraging.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

Well I don't even mention blood and scratchmarks because I've never seen them outside of Lery's and Gideon meat plant.

I just had to learn to play without them, and yes, it's discouraging.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

Having a hard time locating gens on most maps again. Were gen and hook auras reverted to previous brightness?

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    POUNDYOUSILLY Member Posts: 40
    Options

I have such a hard time seeing anything on this forum. I have a hard time seeing scratch Mark's. I have a hard time seeing lots of things in this game.

But ultimately they dont care about 10% of us who are colorblind. If I want brightness I'll use my tv, but that wont change the fact that colorblind support isnt an option. Almost every game I play has it in some form. I guess the nerds over this project only care about patching stupid stuff like getting survivors out the map lol. They cant do it

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

I agree DbD needs colorblind support

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    POUNDYOUSILLY Member Posts: 40
    Options

This has been an ongoing problem for a while. Honestly the bottom line is money and time. I personally would enjoy this game much more with colorblind assist.

But the developers are obsessed with the color red. Which happens to be the color most colorblind players cant see. So they either dont care or they need some real professional developers to show them how to do it.

Honestly, it's not like anyone's asking for a million dollars cash. How hard could it be?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

How are you having trouble seeing things on the forum? It's all dark shades of grey with white text, very high-contrast.

• ProfoundEnding
    Options

@Orion He's talking about the red text with black background. Very hard to see red and black together for a colorblind person.

• Orion
    Options

Ah. I definitely get that. I'm not even colorblind and I have trouble seeing that as well.

• Orion
    Options

Ah, mobile. It's even worse than I thought. As I mentioned above, I'm not colorblind and even I have trouble reading red on dark grey or black.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

You think that's bad, try looking at it on desktop mode from mobile:

@Orion

• Orion
    Options

What the actual #########? Why isn't it white, like on PC?

• Condorloco_26
    Options

Yes it's the most colorblind unfriendly forum I've seen :(

And BTW Ormond resort got reworked or something. Can't see anything of the important stuff, as a killer.

Impossible to see auras of gens, no hooks, no totems