The state of solo survivor is reaching a breaking point

Options
Krazzik
Krazzik Member Posts: 2,358

A lot of my time spent playing DBD has been playing as solo survivor, and even though it's always been in an iffy state, I've always managed to still have fun and just roll with it.

Lately though it's just gotten so dire. Game after game of the entire team dying with 4 or 5 gens left. Killers finding and downing survivors within the first 20 seconds of the game starting. Barely even being able to do gens because we practically start off on the back-foot and are just unhooking and healing all game.

I have an archive challenge to get 2 Iri Lightbringer Emblems and the games literally do not last long enough to get them. Even if I ignored my teammates and JUST stuck to gens from the start, I couldn't get them. It's just highlighted how weak solo survivor is thesedays and after even a handful of games I just give up.

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,124
    Options

the lightbringer challenge is really dumb due to how it is calculated. The way you get it is by amount of time that you sit on generator. You don't want to bring repair speed perks or anything. you just want to sit on a gen for roughly 3 gens of equal progressiong(270 gen charges).

I suggest bringing the most jacked-up med-kit with the most jacked-up healing perks. Run like Botany knowledge+Build to last+We''ll make it. Unhook survivors that get hooked, instantly heal them with your Purple med-kit with 200% healing speed and don't ever engage in the chase with the killer. Just sit on gens until your team dies. If you finish 3-4 gens on your own while your team suicides/dies to the killer, you will get iri lightbringer.

The challenge is also easier if killer bring 4 regression perks like ruin, pain res, pop etc. because you get more time to m1 gens. The more killer regresses gens, the more time you can sit on gens to get lightbringer.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,807
    Options

perks & killers are more well balance these days yet solo q continue to feel unrewarding. It's a legit wasteland of suicides and DC's. I'm not blaming the devs for the community behavior in game but something need to be done about it. It's like you have to swf to even play this role competitively now or just lose all day in solo q because of blank (Tunneling,Suicide,Matchmaking)

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

Why buffs and nerfs? You already acknowledged that it's a matchmaking issue, and that all is good if the team is decent. You can't then say it's also balance that's given solo a bad hand, because it destroys your own argument.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,906
    Options

Yeah the 2 Iri Lightbringer Emblems are an insane challenge, you really need to screw your team to get it and stay on gens or be very lucky. I think the a lot of the Emblem requirements are outdated, and that they dosnt reflect on how the game is in 2024.

As for SoloQ, - im not sure its as much a SoloQ thing or if it is just people being bad at the game.

Atm. im playing 50% SoloQ and 50% Swf (and out swf are temp reduced to 2 persons due to one of our members doing work related stuff). And even in the SWF we see other 2 person SWFs playing really bad, - as in 2 people going down at the same time, over and over again. - This is messing with us, we are down to 4 gens and 2 people are on first hook already, - at the same time. At other times we see 1 person looping the killer around the hook, so we cant rescue the hooked person.

As SoloQ my advice is, - run with Distortion, Deja-Vu, and Windows, so that you can do some hide and seek if needed and be effective at gens and looping.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 493
    Options

It's rough right now for sure, most games can be pretty miserable but if you can get 1-2 good teammates the game isn't as unbalanced as it seems.

I'm at the point where I never take off kindred now cuz my teams need all the handholding they can get.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    edited June 20
    Options

• Keep in mind you have 0 control over your solo mates nor the killer
    • If you're mates are bad the only win condition left is hatch (which i don't like, but it is what it is)

The only thing you CAN do is to bring a good build (1 team aura perk + 1 anti tunnel perk at least is a must)

In general i don't think a bad, not efficient team is supposed to win. And if they are, the killer is either really chilled or bad aswell.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,279
    Options

Every week is a new thread about how soloQ sucks and the apocalypse is happening.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,615
    Options

Solo survivor and bad matchmaking go hand in hand, one benefit of playing in swf is knowing what your teammates are capable of and playing around it.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 449
    Options

Soloq isn't the problem. It's matchmaking.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,615
    Options

Like I said before, they go hand in hand... Matchmaking makes it so your teammates are completely random so you never know how capable your team is and you cannot even help them through communication, whereas in a swf you have the potential to help each other out.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 153
    Options

#4 is not talked about enough

In addition to having bad matchmaking, there's the time wasted searching for a game (including situations where 1 player leaves in the lobby or even before the match begins), randomly getting disconnected from my match (penalty sometimes) and then ultimately those instances where you do get bled out. I can play several matches of Apex in 1 hour and at the same time it is possible to play 3 matches of DBD in the same period of time

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 610
    Options

I had not loaded up the game since singularity last year, and started playing again a couple months ago. While I didn’t play other games (I’m not really a gamer),, and didn’t look at the forums or Reddit, I did notice a lot of mood improvements because I was massively burnt out, and it really put a lot into perspective. I definitely agree with all of this, especially #3 and #4. After the prestige system rework, I found myself twiddling my thumbs between chapters because everyone just auto jumped to prestige 3+ and unlocked everything. I was leveling Vitorrio and huntress but I had enough addons to last me months without even spending points. I was winning almost every killer match, regardless of killer, and I was getting bored because of matchmaking, even if things made me rage (especially my survivor games) and I just said to myself that this game is really giving me nothing, no reason to win, no reason to keep playing, etc. The outcome of the match never really mattered to me, but if I’m constantly dominating teams, I’m not being challenged and I’m certainly not growing, and I hated that.

But coming back to the game after a so long, I started having fun again. I definitely don’t drop 9 hours after work every day anymore, probably won’t again. Games better in small doses, anyways.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 449
    Options

When you play a team based game with players you don't know, don't know their intentions, their playstyle, their perks, no communication..

Its asking for a headache. Proper Matchmaking will put you with players that understand as much as you do.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,891
    Options

I got this done with Prove Thyself, Deja Vu and Resilience. I don't know how it's calculated but I couldn't get it until I added Prove Thyself and Deja Vu.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,461
    Options

Hmmm... not too sure, because regarding the state of SoloQ, I still find the biggest annoyances of mine tends to be the actions or more importantly the lack thereof of my teammates 95% of the time. If I buy 60s of time, I wanna see at least 1 gen progressed 50% and all the team reset/healthy. Sadly that rarely happens.

If you want help with Lightbringer though, I would recommend taking something like Overzealous, Counterforce, Inner Strength and your choice of last perk. A map with tracking killer items add-ons is handy if you struggle with totem spawns.

Cleansing totems gets a lot of points towards Lightbringer and this build isn't a complete throw to justify doing it.

• RedPoncho12
    RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 156
    Options

agreed. I’ve had some brain dead mates but if they can pull just a little bit of their own weight throughout the match than it’ll be fine (even if we all die - let’s just get things done)

• motiRobot
    motiRobot Member Posts: 17
    Options

And solo q will decrease by the next update more

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,257
    edited June 20
    Options

The only things that are left to be added in my opinion is a Quickchat function and being able to see the build of your team mates at the start of the match.

Besides that, totally agree with you.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options

Does this matter if every match is nothing but Nurse/Blight/Billy? We need bans if we only get the same 5 Killers in 90% of matches, especially if those Killers are causing teammates to give up at 5 gens/first down.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 769
    edited June 20
    Options

He excluded games with a ragequit at the start of the match. Those are part of the normal solo que experience though and not uncommon.

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 143
    Options

meme builds are an excellent coping mechanism to the horrors that bring soloQ

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,257
    Options