The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Singularity update looks awful and insulting to those who've mastered him

lettuchia
lettuchia Member Posts: 196
edited June 20 in Feedback and Suggestions

I get singularity needed qol and minor buffs, but this is just ridiculous. Some of the changes are good/fine, but overall these changes take away so much skill expression from him for seemingly no reason besides pandering towards those who don't want to put time into learning him. Auto aiming at survivors when entering a biopod, being able to remotely destroy biopods, removing extra overclock time, these literally just remove depth. Basekit haste is also completely unnecessary, sure give him longer overclock to more easily make it to a pallet before a surv drops it, sure make him wake up faster to make tping feel less clunky, but no, let's pretend moving at 4.738m/s during overclock somehow makes sense. You guys are handling knight well, buffing him in areas that take skill and nerfing him in areas that don't, where's that for singularity?

Oh and I forgot to mention the EMP nerfs, because 3 genning is something singularity needed to be better at, obviously.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Cali88
    Cali88 Member Posts: 21

Remote biopod breaking is nice but I don't get the intent behind a lot of the other changes as well - instead of improved biopod collision with the environment (which is the area he particularly feels lackluster in) he gets extra potency to hold 3-gens which will make him 10x more oppressive to face, especially with the announced Oppression buff. I'm not a fan of the purported QoL that eliminates much of Hux's skill curve either

• lettuchia

That's fair - I'd be willing to forgive the remote biopod breaking but on top of everything else it's just...very reminiscent of the trickster update

• lettuchia

It's not gatekeeping if inexperienced could literally just play more and get better instead of complaining. The concept of bad players performing badly makes sense to most people but in the dbd community it's "gatekeeping"

• lettuchia

Aiming, biopod management, being rewarded for slip streaming multiple survivors

• lettuchia
    edited June 20

If most people don't want to put the time and effort into learning him it's their problem.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • lettuchia

No, it's just the truth lmao. Nothing stopping them from getting better they just choose not to

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,468

His skill floor after this update will go from extremely high to just high and skill ceiling will stay the same, maybe slightly lower. Idk what all this crying about. You still need to waste a lot of hours to mastered him.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,015

Let's remember to keep the discussion civil and respectful, please, and thank you.

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 317

Not only they buff a killer that didn't need to but they also dumb it down in the process. It's Twins all over again.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 993

I have no idea why people feel the need to gatekeep singularity.

• Rumble
    Rumble Member Posts: 121

They probably looked at thelow play rate and realized console players are not playing him. For good reason. This is a buff to console

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

I think this is nothing in comparison with Twins changes. That was beyond broken.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,210

EMP nerfs are probably the only bad change, but I'd rather get enough QoL buffs so that console players can actually play him than nothing. If we can get the buffs without EMP changes, then that would be great, but I'm not gunna rally too hard against the EMP changes since they bizarrely link concepts together (see older Mori finisher and self-pickups at 45s).

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,101

I kindly disagree with the OG post. I play on Ps5 and the changes will be huge in helping with overall frustration of playing him especially on console. On PC with mouse it’s easier but console a different story.

I think it’s insulting as a P30 singularity that some ppl think we shouldn’t get these changes. I’ve been through a lot of unnecessary nonsense, frustrations and a whole lots of “WHY!!!”…..and the devs already said these changes won’t affect the “mastered singularity players”

It’s for people like us that where these changes would be helpful.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,101

agreed. I am one of few console players who does as a p30. It’s really really challenging. Im so glad they did this

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 317

No offense but some games/characters are simply not meant to be played on controller. I can understand why BHVR wants to pander to controller killer players though, sadly.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,655

Some of us are still upset about the Twins changes, where they got so many complaints that BHVR overnerfed Twins and made them weaker than they were before the rework.

Yes, Twins would have been better off if the rework had never happened. Survivors can now hold Victor hostage for even longer than before, which means it's just miserable to play as this killer now. And now we might get a whole bunch of Singularity nerfs that will leave him worse off than if this update never happened. We're better of if BHVR never tries to update killers, because the killers often lose out in the end.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 325

God the Twins so call rework was a disaster... Like I hate playing that killer even more now..I still think Twins are the most unfun and wrost killer in DBD. Even with the so call QoL changes they end up doing.

• Rumble
    Rumble Member Posts: 121

Well that's why many have low pick rates. Also gamehas majority of olayerbase on console?

• lettuchia
    edited June 25

Crazy how people were on copium saying that sing is only getting qol changes when the devs confirmed themselves on the discord sneak peek that they intended to lower his skill floor.

Also, it's not gatekeeping to say that you shouldn't win as often as players that are better than you 👍

• Eightysix
    Eightysix Member Posts: 19

Before I say anything else, to make it clear, I think all the other changes are pretty much fine. Automatically targeting survivors when you open a biopod is absolutely insipid however- I can literally spam the camera switch button until someone happens to run across one of my cameras then I can immediately target them. Putting aside anything to do with mechanics or differences between mouse/controller, The autoaim literally erases the gamesense required to play the killer well which is a slap in the face for anyone who ever bothered playing him.

Also, it took me like 6 seconds of searching to find good Singularity players, on controller. They did fine.

Could it possibly be that singularity "doesn't" need the game to play itself for the sake of console players???

• lettuchia

You would think most people would recognize that maybe literal auto aim isnt necessary to make the killer feel better on console xd

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,738

We can't set aside the controller and M&K differences here, it's how Singularity feels to play & his effectiveness that drove many of these changes.

• PhoenixTeru
    PhoenixTeru Member Posts: 4

Literally all of this is still the same except for aiming. Scanning is such a minor part of his skill set that giving him the ability to look at people better is really not that big of a deal and helps people who need the extra bump (controller users). He is stilldifficult to master as his skill expressioncomes from TP mindgames and macro play