The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Event Tunneling

Well, it's finally happened. I've become so frustrated that I made an account here to vent.

I've been playing since 2016, and the amount of tunneling I've seen in this event needs to be discussed. It has been, without exaggeration, 9/10 games. When confronted in EGC, they always just say "Calm down, I'm just playing the game". I don't play an anti-tunnel build because it shouldn't be this much of an issue. If I have to waste 1 to 2 perk slots each game on anti-tunnel perks, it's a bigger issue in general that should be dealt with. I don't get BNP, toolbox add-ons, or even toolboxes in more than 50% of my bloodwebs, but I can be tunneled out of 90% of my games. I've even taken to playing gentle killers who chase and release during the event just to spread BP and let people have fun, because they might not otherwise given how toxic killer mains have been lately. It's just a bummer. As I said, I've been playing a long time, but it's just ridiculous lately.

Comments

• BbQz
    BbQz Member Posts: 83

Funny I wonder how much money they have spent in the games life time paying some one to follow up on camping/tunneling/slugging reports. My advice is that number is clearly to small and because they ask for it send feed back support tickets in. Make sure they don't mention any info in the title if there is one with 100s coming in weekly it would beg the question if fixing the game becomes worth the cost of reviewing tickets/reports and if the argument is well they were paying that individual any ways and it just slows the process of proper tickets and reports that makes them look even worse as a company

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 406
    edited June 19

I see harassment is your chosen path both in game and out. Good day to you.

Post edited by BoxGhost on
  • jezebelthenun
    jezebelthenun Member Posts: 195

I think there was some confusion that I was the one you guys were talking to and not the other poster.

• Jwmj
    Jwmj Member Posts: 26

You’re barely worth a response but you enjoy your day too. You’re just rage baiting people on forums lol

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,345

Queue times are variable depending on region, mmr, and time of day. Your personal experience with long queue times is not the same everywhere as I personally have not encountered long queues as either role.

Not to mention the claim that DBD is going to die over tunneling has been said for years and here we are.

Some of you guys just need to learn when to take a break when you find yourself not enjoying the game.

• devoutartist
    devoutartist Member Posts: 108

my dude you the exception im north america all the ppl i know have that queue time issue both in prime time and late in night times even that ppl that i've watch streaming have ling queue times you're the lucky one

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 464

they did and in the post they would keep changing the subject and rambling about nonsense, but somehow people were "proving their point"

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 934

But Then Survivor side gets all sorted amounts of ways to genrush, and the like, but call out on a Killer "supposedly tunneling" just to keep up. While Windows give you ample OPPORTUNITY to escape the killer, hide your aura from killer, quickly and quietly jump into lockers out of sight from a Killer. Flash them, (and not in the fun way). But because a killer is chasing you, who I will assume is looping a killer instead of escaping their capture. Want to claim Tunneling because you got caught in their sights to be chased. A requirement a Killer must do in order to catch a survivor?. Savvy?

• yourbabyglo
    yourbabyglo Member Posts: 11

I absolutely agree, although I’m not a killer main, I love seeing the beef that survivors have with the killer prior to the match. That’s just me. And most of the time it’s intentional with people having their names as their fav killer, etc. Just the name of the game, again I’ve been tunneled out more times than I can count, but again, it’s part of the game.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 732

events shouldnt award pips. Period. No sweaty tryhards on either side and the mode would be just for fun, as it should be...

tbh, this event has been the most miserable experience on both sides

• Wihris
    Wihris Member Posts: 4
    edited June 21

You are not alone, my friend. I have had this exact issue. Yesterday was BRUTAL. 90% of games it was just hard tunneling at 5 generators, and I'm not even playing the Event Mode because it makes it easier for killers to tunnel since they have insta-hooks and break pallets at a distance. It didn't matter which killer it was. Nemesis, Deathslinger, Huntress, Knight…

I have literally put on Reassurance to give my teammates more time on the hook and perhaps do more generators with the extra time and it gave me easier matches. Half of those were even won with 3 of us left. I guess I got lucky with my solo queue teammates.

Though other days when tunneling was the exception and not the norm, it just caused long and prolonged 3 vs 1 situations, which are boring as hell since there are too many generators still left to do, so it's just a waste of time since the match is lost anyways, and if you try to give up, you either get slugged or feel bad for your teammates that are actually still trying. Luckily yesterday everyone seemed decent at looping and helping each other, and generator speed was decent enough to get to one generator or two before that person got killed.

It just shows how little skill do you need to play killer when you tunnel someone off right from the start. Killers complain about generator speeds but spend half the match chasing one person instead of patrolling and disrupting the other survivors. I can consistently get 3k whenever I play killer without running full regression and without tunneling, you just need a little brain, that's all. And sometimes you lose, it's normal and it happens in every game. But some killers seem like they are forced to 4k every match.

As a solo survivor it's just sad that I have to play full meta or go full anti-tunnel/support just to have a chance at surviving a single match. In the matches we lost of course the killer slugged for the 4k, and I also had a skull merchant bleed my teammate and me out for the full timer for no reason. Our other two teammates threw themselves at her and of course got killed. I was doing a challenge (which I completed) and messing around since the match was lost anyway and my teammate was playing normally, yet we both got slugged and I got called a ######### in end game chat. It's insane the lack of empathy some killers have.

When I play killer and survivors are toxic or teabag me, I don't even care, since survivors can't realistically do anything to me. What really bothers me is when killers actively try to ruin your experience of the game by keeping you hostage or purposedly waste your time by bleeding you out, letting you wiggle so you don't die, etc etc. Humping survivors on the floor is the most no ######### behaviour I have seen in any game so far. I just spin around or go on my phone and it happens way too often recently.

What I'm trying to say is some people need to learn basic human decency and it shows. Everyone wants to win, but you are not going to every time. Get over it and stop being scumbags to everyone you come across. End of rant.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 800

Sorry that you're having a rough time. Killers are clearlyOP in this event, so I'm just chilling and not sweating the event too much. Sadly, others do not feel the same some people see this as an opportunity to play with the other side as if it's a single player game.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,216

Taking out your frustrations on people who never did anything to you, - that's not ok, and there is a reason stuff like what he posted is against the forum rules.

Also, im a former killer main that is playing (mostly) survivor now, my understanding for both sides are fine, - thank you.

Actually im often defending killers even when im playing survivor, - because i want a balanced and fun game for both sides.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

niether is teammates giving up on first hook and being able to circumvent the dc penalty yet its still a thing

• jezebelthenun

But what if your first hook isn't until there are 2 left with 3 gens to go and the other person has 2 hook states? Then it's a tactical choice to allow the other survivor a chance at hatch. Happens all the time.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,209

I don't think you could truly 'take out your frustrations on a person' on a forum, but to be fair I didn't see whatever alleged post they made in the other thread.

I mean by your phrasing, I too would fit the description of Killer main, I just don't self-report as such. It provides much more value to provide arguments and supports for those arguments than just planting your flag for a tribe and calling the other tribe evil, especially when both tribes are members of the same 'nation' (both players of DBD and wanting it to be better).

When people wave a flag, they rarely are defending the merit of their points, they are just dismissing their opposition assuming they are merely waggling a different flag.

I tend to want to minimize the worst experiences, rather than fix multiple smaller things (I tried that once, it was largely ignored). That means the big issues (which tend to be suffered by Survivor) are the ones I complain about most. For example, the most someone can waste your time as Killer is exit-gate T-bag, which lasts 2 minutes max. The most someone can waste your time as Survivor is 4 minutes of Bleedout, twice as bad of an experience (not even exploring that Killer has agency to end it early, and Surv doesn't). I've also tried suggesting catch-up mechanics for Killer when the match is clearly not going their way, but people discarded that because they misread/didn't fully read the limitations. I've reported bugs affecting Killer and Survivor disproportionately. Put simply, I too want the game to be fun for everyone.

I just think that if someone starts off waving a flag on forums, they never intended to actually discuss a problem, they just want people to rally with them against the other flag holder. Saying the equivalent of "lol bro's waving a flag" makes them learn that it provides more value to make a coherent statement/argument, instead of just waving the flag.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited June 21

They are just playing the game. Turning the match into a 3v1 instead of a 4v1 as efficiently as possible is the best way to win.

You're basically asking for them to play poorly on purpose.

We don't expect survivors to do that so we shouldn't expect killers to do that either.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392
    edited June 21

Everyone is being awful this event. Not just killers tunnelling, though I've honestly had only a few of those. I've got team mates farming off hook in front of the killer, teaming up with the killer and griefing, leaving each other to second stage on first hook or even to die on hook.

I just had a game where the killer had literally moved to the opposite side of the map from where I was hooked (could see her kicking a gen with Alert) and I still got left to second stage. Then, same game, no one is touching the last gen so I end up doing it despite being injured on death hook and I die for it, just to watch my team mates fast vaulting back and forth in front of the exit to annoy the killer. I regret doing that last gen. I should have just twiddled my thumbs like they were. Don't know what they were showing off about, they were useless.

Also, in all my years of playing I have literally only twice gone to the effort of uploading a video to report players griefing and today was my second time. I don't know what is wrong with people this week. Grow up.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

this why I don't play anniversary cakes that much anymore now as survivor I play the crappiest offering or offering that only good for me and as killer a mori now.

when I do play anniversary cakes as killer I get genrushed like 3 to 4 gens done before I get my 2nd hook or I play one in survivor I get tunneled or camped or both.

both side are playing like they life really depends on winning or they getting they giggles making this event the worst it ever been for both sides.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Well, it's finally happened. I've become so frustrated that I made an account here to vent.

I've been playing since 2016, and the amount of gen rushing I've seen in this event needs to be discussed. It has been, without exaggeration, 9/10 games. When confronted in EGC, they always just say "Calm down, I'm just playing the game". I don't play a gen regression build because it shouldn't be this much of an issue. If I have to waste 1 to 2 perk slots each game on gen regression perks, it's a bigger issue in general that should be dealt with.

• RedPoncho12
    RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 157

I’ve had the same issues. I’ve had so many games (partly because for some reasons my random mates are really bad at the game) but the killer will end of killing everyone within 5 mins or less. It’s just like “bro, you had the upper hand…. At this point Mr. Killer just drag the game out so we make good use of the event and cake bonus points”

• Nick

In 90 seconds 3 generators pop. You're always forced to bring boring gen defence perks. 4-5 minutes the game is over vs a good team, you won't be able to get 9 hooks in that time.

People doing gens is not the same thing as gen-rushing = Killers killing people is not the same thing as tunneling. (They're just doing their objective, they're killers not hookers)

• Nick
    edited June 26

Me being silly:

• Saying that it takes 90 seconds to repair 3 generators (1 survivor is in chase, 3 are repairing a generator).
    • Saying good survivors can repair 5 generators in 4-5 minutes (remember, 90 seconds for 3 generators, I'm being generous here).
    • Saying you won't be able to get 9 hooks in 4-5 minutes vs good survivors.
    • Killers killing survivors is them just doing their objective.

Good counter argument.

• jezebelthenun

I meant it's silly comparing doing gens to tunneling. BNP is a finite resource that spawns in the bloodweb extremely infrequently. Let me reiterate, this is a consumable resource. It's rare. Frustratingly so. As are toolboxes and toolbox add-ons. Running gen perks is an option that some people choose and others don't. It sounds like you're mad at coordinated swfs, which is a separate issue. As a soloq, I also have issues with coordinated swfs, but that's not what's being discussed.

Tunneling is available to every killer, every time, with no perks, addons, thought, etc. It's not the same thing at all. There's 0 risk to tunneling unless you commit to a pointless chase, which is 100% a killer decision.