The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Slugging at 5 gens is unnecessary.

Love the Masquerade, but the matches have been miserable. I get people enjoy winning, but curb stomping and denying basic game play for your fellow players is not cool :(. Like, there were 3 gens, 2 people on hook both stage 2, 3rd player JUST got downed and instead of picking up and giving me at least a chance to unhook, they leave them slugged, teleport(Hag) and insta-down because of the Expose Tryk. I understand that is part of the game. I probably sound entitled. But truly, there are some instances where a little courtesy is nice. The matches end violently quick. Isn’t the point of a videogame to PLAY a game? I personally don’t see how ending a match that quick constitutes a fun gameplay experience. Did you even play at all? Everyone is entitled to play how they want. ALL PARTIES please consider that you are playing with other people that also want to play a game. Best wishes, the Dwight that can’t loop ❤️

Comments

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 627

I mean, why should the hag drag the match much longer than it has to be?

2 people are deathhook if unhooked so you have 2 people that have to hide probably and aren't very efficient with that anyways, otherwise they're just dead.

So the killer could make the match a 3vs4 or even 2vs4 at which point the match is already over. Even if he doesn't the inefficient 2 survivors won't preassure enough to win probably so there's no reason to let that happen.

You may be right that you all would be able to play longer, but why would you like to play in a match that's already lost that's purely alive because the killer had mercy? xD

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 491
  • RhodosGuard
    RhodosGuard Member Posts: 58

I'D be okay with gen-rushes if the repair times weren't as short as they are after the regression nerf.

I usually run Killers as "Adept +" meaning I pick up their personal perks and 1 Perk I like.
    This limits me and makes me stomach it easier when I lose.

Huntress Perks suck ass.
    So I run her with a different Build. Full Regression.
    Pop, Oppression, Nowhere to Hide, Pain Res

It's weird to me, that only by using these perks have I realized how fast gens pop without them. It's like a completely different game compared to other Killers I like to play.

• Perrin3088
    Perrin3088 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 27

You're right…

OP's point is that killers only have cakes on web. while survivors have 3 masquerade items, and cakes.. so 1/4th as many cakes.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

The moment I got into red ranks almost all of the event matches have been killers trolling or just doing everything they can to make the game miserable as possible for survivors.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

The other side of the coin is that it might feel like the killer dragged the match on if he didn't just slug there... You will not win either and the gameplay would feel kind of meaningless, that's basically a lose lose situation for the killer, people will dislike whatever he does.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

4 is possible at level 50 if you are very lucky. It's very rare I have P100 characters and most of the time I get only one or none per level...

On knight I got lucky here but I might not update him anymore as big nerfs are coming to him...

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

to other it not a nerfs but I only play him when got a daily something.

• Deathstroke

He is on my rotation maybe with 10 other killers. I hsve liked him how he is now obviously probably not most fun killer to face but I like to chase with guards and not send them other side of the map.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

If it is effective towards winning then it is a strategy... I don't think it is selfish to play to win. Also typically for the killer it is not fun to drag out the game for no reason..

I don't think that the killer has any obligation to provide you with a certain length of a match or the opportunity for you to enjoy the game, that is basically fully your responsibility...

I really don't see your point... If that was the most effective thing to do that moment to win, then why should it matter whether you guys has fun during it? He is just doing his job in that sense...

Also telling people to grow up while demanding they play the way you want them to because otherwise they are selfish is peak irony ;)

• Senaxu
    Senaxu Member Posts: 200

I do not think so.

For the survivors, the ultimate global achievement (and the active) is to repair all generators.
    Anything unrelated to this is indirectly related to creating/saving more time so that the main goal can be achieved and it becomes more difficult for the killer.

Hooking a survivor is the common killer action. Some counters are sabotage or flashlight saves, react to the action of hooking. The killer change this style of play with switch to slugging to prevent being countered.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Hooking a survivor is mandatory, the game from a killer pov cannot be advanced without it. it's not a "common action" It's mandatory.

You can sabo a hook before someone is picked up, therefore the person may drop the player then just slug.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

It's not mandatory as survivors also die if they bleed out. If the killer wants to bleed all 4 survivors out it's not technically against the rules as they're still trying to win.

It's incredibly unfun, I fully agree, but BHVR endorse this playstyle by having perks like Knock Out in the game.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

You'd have to read my first post as i said, this basically.

• Deathslinger1of2
    Deathslinger1of2 Member Posts: 130

I didn’t mean for it to be they let us win, I just wanted to get an unhook and not get slugged. It’s more fun to be running around then dying than just lying on the ground and no game happening. Yes, I did want some mercy. I didn’t expect a free escape, I just wanted to play more

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited June 30

While not necessary, it's also never happening unless y'all are severely outmatched and the team plays badly enough to set him up for it. You typically don't just "decide" to slug, you do it from the opportunity presenting itself. IE them slugging at 5 gens is more a result of the survivor team playing bad than it is the killer choosing to do so. Meaning it wouldn't make sense to blame the killer for slugging at 5 gens. It would make more sense to blame either your team or yourself for making a lot of mistakes.

Like if the killers got 1 hook at 5 gens and then someone goes for the save but messes up and gets slugged in front of the hooked person I would expect him to proxy camp to some extent. I personally would just pick him up and be chill, but I wouldn't blame the killer for not doing so. Him slugging there would be a smart play capitalizing on our mistake.

• SelectDevotee68
    SelectDevotee68 Member Posts: 118

Depends

• Senaxu
    Senaxu Member Posts: 200

As a survivor, your task is to repair generators, there is no way around it.

As a killer, your task is to kill survivors.
    How they do it is their decision. If hooking is too difficult for several specific reasons/conditions, then slugging is an option.

Some killers are slugging intentionally from the start, which is their game plan, which brings us back to the thread topic.

• jezebelthenun
    jezebelthenun Member Posts: 195

My "grow up" is aimed at ggez u mad bros who think it's fun to be jerks and ruin everyone else's game on purpose. Doing that is entirely immature and selfish. Literally childish. If actually playing the game is considered drawing it out by the majority, then DBD is officially only for trolls.

And I'm pretty sure most people want to play the actual game, so I'd hardly call it "my way".

The fact that I even have to defend my stance of don't be scummy is really saying something.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Realistically speaking, it only happens when there is a catastrophic skill gap between killers and survivors, hardly anything is needed as a countermeasure system or in term of game balance, you just needs better matchmaking

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,892

Agree! But nobody has to go out of their way to be nasty towards the other side. A little compassion can go a long way.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

The killers I've faced have been fine mostly, just a few exceptions. Had one killer today who slugged, tunnelled, and camped (he brought a Survivor Pudding, so I assumed it was coming), and naturally someone DCd, and the two others let go on hook as soon as they were able, and I guess because I stuck it out he had me follow him to hatch. It was a weirdly wholesome end to a pretty aggressive game lol

• Deathstroke

Oh yes and just when I though it could not get worse I went 4 full 50 levels without single cake...

• YukariTheAlpaca
    YukariTheAlpaca Member Posts: 184

I, Tunnelito C. Slugger, will not abide by these made up rules.

(The "C" stands for "Camper")

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 429

Yep, some survivors become extremely cocky when a player is new to a certain killer or when they see a "strong" killer playing "badly." Even though the killer is probably playing chill on purpose, they're on an unfavourable map, or they just don't want to sweat.

It also says a lot about the mentality of a lot of players when both killers and survivors load in expecting the worse from the other side like killers run quad slowdown because they expect to be genrushed or they expect a flashlight squad, and survivors bring genrush because they expect to be slugged at five gens or the killer to hold a three-gen from the start.

There's a lot of unhealthiness in this game, and something needs to be done very, very soon.

• Awsmdad
    Awsmdad Member Posts: 2

You can't control SBMM and to be honest I think it takes a backseat to geographic location first. When the matchmaking is off and imbalanced most the time it is in the killers favor. Especially when it is the solo queue lobby. As a killer you can tell very quickly if you are playing solo queue or SWF. If you know people are in it to win it then play to win but if your playing to get blood points then have some fun and play out the game. I truly believe I can have a fun game and still not win. Wish the killer mentality understood that too

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

By the time you tell if you are fighting against SWF or not, it's generally too late to do anything meaningful

It's not like killer is a power role and ALWAYS has a time to do anything at will, "wish the survivors mentality understood that too" with your words