Please rework Distortion

It rewards bad teammates who would rather let everyone else take aggro. Simple as that.

And anyone who says they only use it to help their SWF by calling out killer aura reading perks and add ons is lying. You can do the exact same thing with Object of Obsession.

Comments

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

Bad teammates will be bad teammates no matter what the loadout.

Take it as you will but I've been told multiple times I'm the rattiest survivor they killer has dealt with and I don't even use Distortion.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

If the killer uses strong aura stuff it burns through distortion.

I think it is ok. Stealth is getting less and less already in the game.

And not everyone likes chases.

• PogbertChamperson
    PogbertChamperson Member Posts: 138

Distortion is a scourge on solo q. Yes rat teammates will rat regardless, but they become easier for killers to find if they can't hide with it. Token recharge needs to require participation in the match. Chase time would be nice.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,830

Should recharge the tokens in chase. That way, you can use it to evade for a while, but eventually, you gotta get your hands dirty if you want to keep re-using it.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

What is the point if it only recharges in chase?

A lot of people last a few seconds and go down - a good reason to try to hide from the killer. Completely suited for the game.

You already have to be in the terror radius which means pretty near to the killer to recharge.

And a scratch mirror or the new Weave make - aaaaannnnddd its gone - to your distortion.

• fuzzbuzz
    fuzzbuzz Member Posts: 9

I think a good rework of distortion could be: If it only worked against killer perks and not the killer's add ons. Working against only the perks makes the most sense, since BBQ and Lethal Pursuer are imo the most annoying anyways. But if a killer has a aura-reading add on for their power, I don't see why distortion should work against it.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,830

The point is that it saves your butt 3 times for free, but if you want to continue getting more charges, you're going to need to actually have the killer's attention as opposed to constantly evading the killer and having your other teammates get all the heat and eliminated more quickly. You should be spreading hook stages.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,407

This just benefits the killer. If they bring an aura build but a survivor has Distortion then they don't need to spend any time actually looking for them because they can just wait for the survivor to come to them instead. It's just a win win for the killer.