It's sad that Killer design now always gotta include a strong mobility ability to be viable

AggressiveFTW
AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,055

In high level gameplay where the Survivors are both good at looping and be efficient on gens, playing Killers without mobility built-in is very difficult to get a win with. It's sad that we no longer seem to be able to make new Killers without some form of teleport, or fast speed ability to get across the map, to be viable in high level gameplay. Because gens fly by so fast, really no matter if the Killer is efficient in pressure and chases.

It's been like this for a long time, but the game keeps getting more competitive and sweaty for each new year. And that means this problem will get bigger and bigger.

This makes coming up with unique Killer designs more and more restrictive, because you always gotta keep that in mind.

I think we will no longer see type of Killers like Trapper, Clown, Bubba, Deathslinger, Huntress, Trickster and Ghostface. Which might be good because today's standard is different and has to be met with different solutions. But many people like to play with simple powers and not have that many things in your kit. If you are a high level player you can't really play with those simple powers if you want to win.

But it's insane how much this game has changed over the years. I don't think the game should be balanced around high level gameplay, I think it should somehow be balanced so everyone can play and have a good time. But we can't forget the players who play at a high level, where seconds spent doing something can be the reason you lost.

I'm not really sure what I really wanted to say with this thread but yeah. Just some random thoughts.

Comments