The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Game should give me an Indicator when I'm facing a premade

Amunra93
Amunra93 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
edited July 6 in Feedback and Suggestions

In any other AAA game, using 3rd party software to circumvent game mechanics would be a permanent ban.

Lobby should tell me when I am facing a party(s).

I shouldn't be at a disadvantage because 4 players decided to directly circumvent the games lack of audio and chat by using 3rd party applications.

That's why they want to hide prestige.

So they can force me to play their rigged version of the game.

The one where they have voice chat, comms, and ruin the theme and the balance of the game entirely.

If it provides no advantage (it clearly does) then BHVR should show me who is in a party together.

I should have the option not to waste my time on rigged matches.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836
    edited July 6

My view is that being able to communicate and therefore actually play as an effective team is a huge, huge advantage for Survivors. Though there aren't many around these parts who agree with that viewpoint. As for whether or not it's technically "cheating", it's definitely not playing the game as the devs intended. Otherwise we'd have been given more in game ways to communicate beyond a grand total of two emotes.

Anyone who doesn't think it makes a difference to the trial hasn't played against a streamer with their 4 man SWF on comms and then watched their VOD back after the game. Because I assure you, it does. Most of them aren't using discord to chat about their day or joke around, that's for sure.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,495
    edited July 6

TCM tried the showing premades route. Did not last long when every family member dodged and games took up to 30 minutes for you to even get in one.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,732

I'd also like not having lobbies tested out, see what it does to the matchmaking. As a happy side effect, this would also get rid of that last second swapping nonsense survs can do as well.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

It's not even comms what makes swf it's the fact you can get 4 good survivors to play together.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

SWFs just slightly optimize certain team interactions, it's nothing major.

Most of the reasons people think SWFs are OP have nothing to do with the actual comms and it's just because SWfs are a convenient method of stacking multiple good players together, bringing and stacking OP stuff which is what actually needs to be looked at.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 301

That is very true. However the communication aspect is good across the board wether it's 4 bad survivors or 4 awesome survivors. Being able to help each other out and know what you're team mates are actually planning to do/doing is everything. I love going against a good swf it test how well I can manage everything. Solo que wins are meh ATM but those good sweaty swf matches are so intense and fun for me at least.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 301

I definitely second this, I think survivors should be able to see each others perks and the killer should be able to switch anytime during the queue up. Instead of a lobby just keep the looking for match screen for all while allowing survivors to see each others perks. Lastly get rid of map offerings lol

I think the matches would be way more exciting as killer already gets this hidden prestige. Survivors can't see anything going into the match while killers can search your profile swap perks according to items seen and then dodge when you switch last minute.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836
    edited July 6

Exactly. I don't know why notions of "good" or "bad" Survivors even come into the argument. If the game is supposed to have an MMR system, then skill shouldn't be a part of the discussion because (in theory), it should match Killers up with similarly skilled Survivors. For example, 4 bad Survivors should get a bumbling Ghost Face and 4 incredible ones should get a skilled Blight/Nurse/Billy.

Being able to play as a team in a game that's not really designed to facilitate fully co-ordinated team play is obviously an advantage at any level, given an equal skill level between either side.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,892
    edited July 6

When did BHVR say, that SWF on comms would not give an advantage? Im sure they said it does.

What you seem to want is to simply lobby dodge. To be honest, while I understand your frustration, this is not the solution. Lobby dodging mostly results in the matchmaking going absolutly off the rails, meaning that people that should never play together are matched with eachother. This is one of the reasons why many people complain about opponents that seem too be way above their level. Not a good solution.

Swf on comms is a rather hard problem to tackle in this game because it not only creates a massive imbalance to how the game is played, but also keeps the game alive and healthy. Playing with friends is something that should never be punished. Games are supposed to be a fun experience for the one playing. The player should be able to relax from their daily stress. Doing this with friends is a lot of fun and creates a lot of memories. Just imagine the situation. You want to play with your friends Jimmy and Andrew. You had a hard day of work and want to have a few fun hours before the daily stress catches up again. Sadly you and your friends are now stuck in an endless queue because killers continue to dodge you. Not only are you not happy, your friends are not happy and the killer might not be happy as well, because the lobby that they eventually end up in could be awful. Not to mention the one that you and your friends will eventually get.

What would be a solution? The devs should make more perks that help out soloq rather than swf. Lara again comes with a perk that is way better in swf than in soloq due to coordinated gameplay. Other than that? I honestly dont know. Its a problem with no solution currently.

Best I could think of is making the post game screen show who played together. At least then I would know what I was up against.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,965

No

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

Did you know that there are plenty of AAA games that let you queue with premades and don't show the other side that they're a premade? They don't even ban people for using Discord either!

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 287

The only thing broken in the game is the massive imbalance between killer and survivor. A killer that knows how to play breaks the game.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

They should just not show the killer the pregame lobby. Better that way.

• Jacknalls_Paw
    Jacknalls_Paw Member Posts: 127

Skill issue, get good or keep crying man

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,455

I mean I do know a genre that does, and thats social deduction.

• stanheights
    stanheights Member Posts: 18

If you’re lobby dodging over these numbers when things are still in your favor it’s genuinely a skill issue at that point

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,062

There are teams that would lose in solo but win in SWF because of the communication. Because SWF is basically what you said, 4 people reducing their chances of having bad teammates, AND having instant callouts with no room for doubt. "He's got Tinkerer! Watch out!" "He's over here! Body block me!" "Open the exit gate early!" That kind of stuff turns 3k's into 0k's for sure.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,062

There is no more skewed stats in gaming than this. The amount of matches survivors throw for no reason, because they're stupid solos, or because they're overly altruistic SWFs, makes these numbers completely inaccurate.

• stanheights
    stanheights Member Posts: 18

at the end of the day bhvr isn’t going to encourage lobby dodging or gut their game by punishing people for playing with their friends

• Cryopier
    Cryopier Member Posts: 59

I agree. Premade groups should have their own queue for killers that actually want to face them. At least have a non-competitive mode where they're either identified, separately queued, or not allowed.

This is coming from someone who plays Survivor with my wife regularly. A full stack of SWF is simply an advantage that shouldn't exist in the dark outside of a competitive mode.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,188

So you know the sample size taken, how many matches were thrown, and the control factor that determined what a throw was? Pretty impressive that you have a database connection and BHVR gave you their data dictionary

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,431

So you believe the statistics they released? Great sounds good,

When are they going to nerf skull merchant then? Who is the most powerful killer in the history of DBD? More powerful even than when nurse had 5 blinks, remember that?

When are they going to buff nurse then? Who is one of the weakest killers in the game and has been for some time now?

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,013

Closing the thread here due to some comments, thank you for your feedback. A reminder to everyone that being in a voice chat with friends while playing the game is not cheating, nor is it reportable, as noted in the Game Rules here.

This discussion has been closed.