The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Mettle Of Man facts

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited March 2019

@Caretaker

Nah, if they use MoM then Rancor will say hello because I won't down you until after all 5 generators are completed. Note, your aura makes it literally impossible to hide unless you have Sole Survivor so you're practically dead whenever you use that perk.

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773

I'd say I have a pretty decent grip on the balance of this game. I play both survivor and killer so I understand where you're coming from but it's clear they're trying to push slugging away with these 3 perks. It makes sense too considering the amount of slugging I saw just today. Why try to hook a survivor when they can just be unhooked and escape with something like BT? it's similar to the problem that survivors have right now. Theres no point in trying to heal or do anything else but gens because everything gets punished so hard. Killer has nurses? Dont heal. Thanat and sloppy? Why bother? Tunneling is still prevalent despite the changes to DS so survivors need incentives to do things that aren't objectives. Only problem is that if they buff healing; you guys will go into a hissy fit again because its "done too fast"

When it comes to "balance" in this game, from the very beginning survivors have always gotten the shaft, yet killers still refuse to just get better at the game.

Crow bombs

Nerf to cow tree

Shrimp boat getting moved

Pallet reduction

Lighting changes to make it easier on killers

Moonlight addons getting removed

Brand new part and purple toolbox being garbage now

Exhaustion changes

Pallet speed changes

Healing speed changes

Fewer jungle gyms

Thompson house getting new hooks

Less grass in backwater

Hook distance buffs

Sabo being gutted

This is just a small list but you get the point.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Most of those nerfs were needed to be honest.

Survivors don't need crazy perks like these to buff them. Nerf NOED and its probably the biggest 'buff' survivors could get right now. Also balance Nurse and Billy. Those 3 things alone would help survivors massively. They don't need any buffs against the bottom tier killers.

• The_Crusader

Also think about this guys..

You could leave DS slugged. You could dribble DS.

You can't do ######### to this perk. There was more counterplay against DS than there is this.

If old DS had their aura exposed would that have made you happy or not? No? Then it wont work for this either.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

They are balanced. From a kill rate perspective, against a sweaty tryhard SWF, an equally tryhard Nurse or Billy will achieve a 50% kill rate.

• Kagrenac

All these nerfs come at the expense of solo players. As someone who plays solo survivor more often than SWF, theres no point in trying anymore.

• The_Crusader

I think 2 & 2 is ok but yeah 3-4 is ridiculous. My biggest issue is that when people play in a large group they bring all their best #########.

Its rare to find 4 solos with instaheals, but with a 4man swf its common.

Everything survivors have needs to be nerfed because of swf.

Ranked should be for solo and casual for swf imo

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

@Kagrenac

"Crow bombs

Nerf to cow tree

Shrimp boat getting moved

Pallet reduction

Lighting changes to make it easier on killers

Moonlight addons getting removed

Brand new part and purple toolbox being garbage now

Exhaustion changes

Pallet speed changes

Healing speed changes

Fewer jungle gyms

Thompson house getting new hooks

Less grass in backwater

Hook distance buffs

Sabo being gutted"

You forgot to count fixing Infinites as a nerf, in your list of broken/game breaking trollish shits.

It's all good, at least it show that there is no need for peoples to waste their time talking about balance with you.

• Kagrenac
    edited March 2019

I didnt talk about infinites because those shouldn't have existed. Not saying everything I mentioned wasnt justified but no one seems to realize how much survivors have gotten nerfed

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

I'm really excited that the team is going for a perk like this.... I made a few suggestions that are like MoM but the team once again made any of the suggestions way better with this type of perk.... its balanced imo as well

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I am currently sitting on 1.4k hours. Majority of it belongs to survivor.

It is either I am dumb and can't see how this perk is balanced or it is unbalanced. I will go with the second option.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly, once you successfully use Mettle of Man to sponge a hit, you can never do so again for the rest of the trial?

Also, when the hit is sponged, does the Killer still get a successful hit cooldown (since the Survivor apparently does not the damage speed boost)?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Kagrenac solo survivor unbearable? Hardly. I main solo survivor and I don’t get slugged nearly as often as other survivors let on. Slugging was a great means of slowing the game down and now we’re punished for it? As for MoM this perk is on par with the old DS that is why it’s unbalanced.

• The_Crusader

Oh wow. Just noticed the part where he says you can take a chainsaw hit and not go down. Everyone assumed the "basic attack" part applied to that too.

So its even worse.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    edited March 2019
  • Kagrenac

I never said killers didnt receive a lot of nerfs either

• GrootDude

I read the survivor one also and they mainly named the same things indirectly.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
  • Bravo0413

No it doesn't negate abilities... so if a Billy or LF uses their chainsaw on you from the start it doesn't count 1 hit towards the 3 needed to activate.. samething goes for hatchets.. at least that's my understanding of the perk atm...

• Bravo0413

For once you and I agree on something... people are overreacting like something crazy on this perk... I will gladly except this perk into the game... with this perk you could get that Old BT back but actually at a risk and the cost of 2 slots... I love it!

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

What's meant by that is that if you get to the 3 stacks (from regular attacks only) you can tank a chainsaw hit, but only if you get hit while injured. If you are downed from full health (Exposed, chainsaws) then it never activates.

• Slipknirvana
    Slipknirvana Member Posts: 26

The only downside I see as a killer is 4 man SWF with multiple flashlights. As a Nurse it was pretty easy to pick one up until blinded then down that same survivor, once that was done you could fake pick-up to lure the other survivor out, the one with a flashlight. With the wiggle timer transfer I doubt I will be able to do this anymore.

• Bravo0413

The only thing I could see this perk strong is when going against a camper and pulling the hook in their face ----> pretty much the old BT but at the cost of 2 slots..... but the thing is the survivor cant really decide when they get hit the 4th time of the game soo... I don't see this perk amounting much more then that....

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Yes it's once per trial. And yes you get a blood wipe animation. It's like hitting someone on a hook. I can't 100% confirm you don't get the speed boost. My friend claims he did get it but on my side it looked like he just kept running like normal. I have to try it again to be sure.

• ToxicAddiction
    ToxicAddiction Member Posts: 58

Don’t worry- they’ll still complain. I play way more killer than survivor and definitely favor killer-sided improvements (like removing the Hatch), but I don’t find any of the leaked Ash perks to be bad- if anything, they seem like some of the most well thought of perks in recent memory.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Just run STBFL, what's the problem?

• thesuicidefox

Only the killer's basic attack (m1) will count towards activating the perk. If you are Billy or Huntress you can use your power on the MoM user and it will never trigger.

However when it IS active, any hit that would put you into dying from injured would get sponged. This now includes hatchets and chainsaws.

So you can use your power on some killers to avoid giving them points towards activation, but once activated it doesn't matter how you go down. The only way you can bypass it is with a one shot when they are healthy, because it requires you to go from injured to dying.

If they never heal to stay injured so it triggers, then in a sense it's like they healed themselves. Therefore all it does is just turn a chase on an injured survivor into a chase on a healthy survivor.

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764

The thing is no one is scared to be injured. Rush into Adrenaline, and boom. You're gucci. This entire meta has been about people not healing. Also, I've got buddies who can't play without OOO so they're losing their minds over this perk. Doesn't matter if you can see their auras, that's how they play, and now they can get a free extra hit? Oooh that's good.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I lost brain cells reading this. So much of this is inaccurate.

Also, I highly doubt you have a better understanding of perk balance than I do. I've got 3,000 hours in this game with rank 1 on both sides at every reset since the games been out. You might want to play the game some more to get a better understanding of balance yourself before you start trying to correct people that have been here a lot longer than you and know a lot more about evaluating perks than yourself.

• GrootDude
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

A bit off topic but am I the only one to find it funny that a perk wich abreviation is MoM happen to be a protection perk?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Honestly, I'm sorry but I have multiple chases where I've missed a hit on survivor, and you get that mini cool down thing, it's literally just that, once in the entire match, and then once they heal, you can see their aura until you down them, then the perk deactivates completely.

It's literally a trash perk lmao.

Pros

You can take one additional hit.

Cons

Once Per Trial

Killer Sees Your Aura Until You're Down (If you heal)

Additionally, you could die before you use it, you've probably already been hooked once before you even use it.

more crying for the sake of crying.

• The_Crusader

Decisive - it's just one free stun.

Didn't work out too well did it?

• thesuicidefox

Did more testing. Can confirm now that you do get the speed boost when hit and it triggers.

Also the aura reading effect lasts from the moment it is used to the next time you are put into dying. So it's not permanent for the entire game, just until the next time you get caught. However, considering that it needs 3 hits to activate, if you include the 4th sponge hit, that's 2 chases. On your third chase, when it would deactivate entirely, you would likely be dead anyway.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@thesuicidefox After you are downed, I believe your aura is no longer revealed to the killer by MoM.

• The_Crusader
    edited March 2019

So with the weapon wipe cooldown and the speed boost this is basically more powerful than DS was.

Also aura reading...

If it activates, you take a hit, sponge it, take another hit, go down - does that end the perk? Meaning aura reading doesn't even come into play?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

That's assuming every hit is taking you into a hook. Many hits are applying pressure, not tunneling someone down.

• thesuicidefox

Only if you healed first. So if you take a hit during a chase and still end up being caught, the aura reading is still active. However you need to heal to activate the aura reading in the first place.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@Madjura Really? I feel like the Dream World makes everything brighter, and survivors seem much easier to find. As for it being "too easy" to wake up, there are add-ons that help with this. You might argue that it's not enough to help his case, but all the times that I have used Freddy offerings, I've gotten 3k's without anything. No perks, no add-ons, nada. I actually really enjoy playing him.

• The_Crusader

so you take a hit, sponge it, take another hit, go down, get hooked, get unhooked, heal, THEN the aura reading activates?

• thesuicidefox

People that say it's "easy to wake up" are probably the ones that sleep someone and hit them THEN change targets. If you sleep them and don't hit them, as the game goes on it's actually harder to wake up. If the Freddy is good, when you find someone to wake you he will be right there to sleep you both. Do that enough and everyone is asleep with only 4 gens to wake up at, now it's going to be VERY hard to wake up.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I have to agree with @SenzuDuck, it has a condition and a penalty after use, you don't get a free health state for doing nothing, you have to work for it. If this perk is such a big deal then where was y'all at when Deliverance came to Dead by Daylight. How about Decisive Strike, I'm surprised that @not_Queen's Decisive Strike thread got a lot of vote ups and awesomes for being the same thing as MoM. This is just ridiculous, you're all taught to not judge a book by its cover but still do, huh?

• The_Crusader

Work for it? lmfao how? by taking 3 hits? generally, you're gonna be taking 6 hits over the course of a game anyway if you die.

Deliverance doesn't extend chases hence why it gets a free pass. Plus there are many times it doesn't activate. The only way MoM won't activate is if the killer doesn't hit you 3 times which probably means you didn't get caught, escaped and won anyway.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Are people still losing their minds over this thing? Let's put things in perspective a bit.

Killers that have a high probability of completely negating Mettle of Man:

Plague

Hillbilly

Trapper

Huntress

Shape

Legion

Killers that have a some probability of completely negating Mettle of Man:

Spirit (grabs off generators, exit gates, etc)

Nurse (grabs off generators, exit gates, etc)

Pig (dash attack or possible RBT death)

So of the 15 killers there are 6 that can completely negate this perk with their base kit. No perks, add ons or offerings required. Another 3 have some possibility to negate the perk with their base kit. Every killer has access to multiple perks that allow one shot attacks. NOED, MYC, DH, and Rancor for example. Every killer has access to mori's. Any perk that is weak to that many things is not going to upset the balance of the game. And even if the player gets the free hit, that is hardly game over for the killer. Relax, the sky isn't falling. Honestly.

• The_Crusader

@Dreamnomad Talk about reaching. Gen pulls are few and far between with Nurse and Spirit (without prayer beads).

Oh but wait the possibility is there so I guess ir counts!! Just gotta gen grab them twice in a row. Easily done.

This discussion has been closed.