The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do we still need the DC Penalty?

After we got BOTS. I honestly thought the DC penalty would get reduced or removed.

In my opinion I think the game dosen't need the DC penalty anymore. Because we now have bots that replace when you get or you manually DC.

Sadly we don't get a BOT killer if the killer DC. I hope we get that soon. But maybe best in the custom game arena.

It is actually causing a problem. A small DC because ur network, or a power outage, or other reasons.

What is the longest DC penalty can be?

Imagine you have had many accidents with the internet. And you suddenly Get a DC penalty of 48 hours. And you were playing with friends. Then all of the group has to change to another game to play together. Or you just leave while they have all the fun. It isn't fair at all.

Not everyone manually DC because of a reason.

It's okay to DC if you can't handle a killer, or you get too many of the same killer in a day. Or just tired of tunneling. It's okay to DC. Even for the killer side. DC because survivors have become too good at looping.

I think the longest MAX DC penalty should be 30 minutes, and then after another DC it refresh to 1 minute.

And then after 12 hours the DC penalty stacks should refresh to 0.

tbh I don't want any DC penalty at all. I don't see the point in that function anymore. Since we got the bots. You already lose all of the points, and then harsly get a timeout.

DC penalty could get changed into if you get reported for a valid report in the endgame report system?

What do you think about removing or reducing the DC penalty?

Comments

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Only if they removed the ability to deliberately die on hook, because that's just a DC without penalty.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 616
    edited July 12

'What is the longest DC penalty can be?'

I think the max DC penalty is 100hrs. But I only reach the 72hrs. many years ago so I can't be 100%sure.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,465

And give up on hook has no penalty, punish another survivors in trial even more and still completely free and unpunished. Any plans to solve this?

• Nightram
    Nightram Member Posts: 144

Omg that is a long time. Even for whatever reason to DC. Imagine struggling with your internet, and you get a DC after a DC, with some space to have a full match.

It is sad that if one have a little weak internet signals, that can't play dbd. Just getting penalties.

• Nightram

It's not what I said.

Btw do you know how good bots have become? As a killer. I struggle to take them down xD I love playing as stealth killers. Bots know where you are. Even if you are undetected..

• Nightram

I rather have a bot that a player totally eleminate themself on the hook.

• Nightram

Do you know how good bots have become in a chase? Since we got bots for the first time, and until today, they have become better and better.

But at least have the DC penalty reduced. Why do people need days penalties. Let it be 30 minutes max. 1 minute to 30 minutes. Not all DC'ers are bad. Some have accidents.

• Nightram

No. That would be the end of DBD.

Imagine your town get a power outage. And then you are having a penalty of 1 hour. That is a big no.

I believe because bots are better to play with instead of nobody. They do gens, have great chases, they heal you.

• Nightram

Really? That is messed up. They should try again to alter their DC Penalty.

• Nightram

Since bots came, and how they have evolved. Many rather have a bot instead of people die on their hook. It's better than nothing.

Before when the killer slugged for 4k. Only you and your friend playing. You could do a DC and ur friend could find the hatch. That dosen't work anymore, but it's okay.

DC dosen't always ruin the game for everyone. It is about you know when to leave. There are people who get migranes facing a specific killer. Or have a huge phobia. But they love the game.

I see your point and understand it. But I still wish the DC penalty would get reduced. Max 30 minutes is bad itself. A normal match is between 10/15 to 20 minutes.

The only DC's I get is when my internet is acting like a clown. And in very very rare cases. I do manually DC because of the killers behavior, that upsets me. But that is soooo rare. I try to avoid DC as much as possible.

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,274

Are there any plans to enforce a DC penalty when the match is loading, so, for example, when a killer sees a bad map offering and quits before it even starts?

Is it technically possible?

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,822

We're curious as to why people think removing the penalty is a good idea.

Because we now have bots that replace when you get or you manually DC.

Bots do not replace a human. They're only better than a bad teammate, not decent, bad. A reason why we don't have bot killers is because people want to play with other people (why they're not in customs yet is a mystery though)

It is actually causing a problem.

No, infact not having it causes problems for people who want to actually play the game. We've been in the era of no penalties and when people say it was bad, we assure you they're not exaggerating. One real game for every 5 at best bad.

Imagine you have had many accidents with the internet.

Then we question why you keep trying when there's a very clear sign something is wrong with your connection and you should fix it before trying again.

It's okay to DC if you can't handle a killer, or you get too many of the same killer in a day. Or just tired of tunneling. It's okay to DC. Even for the killer side.

No. Why would it be? You signed up to play a trial out, not to shop for whatever trial you want.

I think the longest MAX DC penalty should be 30 minutes

We believe it should be a day and only get lower by playing out trials to the end. At 30 minutes, that's an indicator something is wrong, whether your Internet or you. That's the first sign to maybe take a break and see what's up.

I don't see the point in that function anymore.

Well people here are HAPPY to show the points

What do you think about removing or reducing the DC penalty?

We think it's a horrible idea.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,896

During loading is when systems are under more stress, it's why we tend to not "punish" any issues at this time.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Why do you care about 1 hour penalty when you don't even know if power will be back in 1 hour, and how often do you think that will happen

Definitely not a "big no", not even "small no" imho

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,215

For the Survivors, yes… and for the killer yes, unless only bots left, - i have had killer games where everyone leaves and i was forced to waste my time on 4 bots, killer cant go AFK and let the bots win, because they will auto DC and get dc pen.

• So remove DC pen for killer if there is only bots left.
    • in general, i think DC pen is too light, as most people dont care for it and DC anyway.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

They should implement a system similar to the cheater servers in old dark souls games. Let the people who dc frequently only play against each other, then they can have a little race of who dc‘s first.

And if your internet is so bad that you can barely play a match of DBD, play custom games with your friends or a single player game. But do not make other players suffer for your problems.

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 814

This is why we need "hahaha" reaction.

No. It's not okay to DC, never.

Instead there could be "surrender" voting and "rejoin" ability for those who had problems with hardware.

• n000b51

And support advices you to take a break 24-48hrs (to be sure) to make your total DC penalty decreases by 2 and so on until your penalty is totally resetted again. More, they invite you to 'check your internet connection' to fix a hypothetical problem somewhere (if you have it or it is just passing problem with your connection).

• Nightram
  • Nightram

I think you totally missed what I wrote.

But DC penalties shouldn't be that harsh to anyone.

• Nightram

You never know what might happen. Some places things get fixed fast. Some other places not. Depends on where one live.

But did you understand my point? Or did you just wanted to make another point?

I'm trying to see the big picture so we can solve this. DC penalties is a big problem for some people. Yes some of that might be their own fault. But when it isn't your fault. It might really feels like the game dosen't care about you.

I hope I never get to experience a day penalty. If that happen, I might write about it here xD It might never happen..

• Archael

"DC is a big problem for some people"

Which people?

I got DC because my wifi (wooden router) and it was not a problem.

To accumulate penalties for it being a problem one have to DC a lot. And if so, assuming no bad will, just bad connection. Then a question shows up - why this person is still trying instead of solving problem which definitely exists? When my wifi removes me 2 times from loading I just stopped trying, went another game. We don't have to be addicted to dbd.

• Neaxolotl

If DC is a big problem, they don't deserve to play the game, not gonna gatekeep anything but it's just a fact

game doesn't work with those kind of people

• Nightram

That answer isn't really a case comment. I'm pretty serious.

Okay, have you ever been stuck in a corner the whole match by the killer or a survivor that dosen't move?

Or face a hacker that makes your game unfun in any way?

Have you ever had an emergency to leave the game after it starts?

There isn't just DC because one are frustrated or just bored. There are much more going on.

So please don't ever just "Hahaha" in a serious post. It is very childish behavior, and it dosen't fit in here. Be more open minded and respectful next time you answer.

If you don't like the idea, just say so. Nothing more extra to (let me react in "Hahaha").. State your business as respectful you can. Like pros and cons. And then move on.

• Nightram

Yeah, this is why I created this post.

Couldn't the DC be different from manually leaving the game. And the internet makes you leave.

If there were a mechanic that could see the difference between them. Then the DC penalties would go more for those who DC manually.

But if one DC because of an emergency or you are being bodyblocked in a corner. Or someone dosen't play as they should. And report after a DC. It should be different as well.

• Nightram

But some people are addicted to dbd. Like me, I play dbd 99% of the time. And I'm not alone about that.

Some people can't afford to solve those issues straith away. Could take months. And then not playing for months will make you miss out of the game. Or even weeks.

I want this game to be kinder to the people with poor internet. Some have u stable internet, some times it's fantastic, and sonetimes it's a huge problem.

We can't just throw people under the bus for having a unstable internet from time to time.

And I don't want people to be harshly punished for something they cannot fix straith away.

It's okay, we don't have to agree. Agree to disagree. It's up to the mods and the dbd crew to discuss and do what's best for their game and listening on the community at the same time. Not everyone will be heard. My case might not go that far. But I see many commenting here. And many have strong feelings about this topic.

• Nightram

Then we agree to disagree.

Don't take all DC under ragequits. There are much more under that category.

• Neaxolotl

if you really want to make it kinder for people with bad internet, introduce rejoin feature

Removing DC penalty only makes game unplayable for literally everyone including people like that, completely defeats the point

• Archael

So it's better to punish other players for one who have poor internet?

• Archael

"Have you ever had an emergency to leave the game after it starts? "

Yes I had such situation actually. It was my daughter who was sick. I left the game but when I came back, there was no penalty

• Nightram

It dosen't. But that's your opinion against mine. Agree to disagree.

Tell me about your opinion about reducing the DC penalties. Pros and cons about it.

Make examples please.

• Neaxolotl
    edited July 13

Doesn't matter for anyone else within the game, game is ruined, game is unplayable, nothing changes

Not a single reason can change the fact game has been ruined

By reducing DC penalty people will abuse it and no one will be able to properly plays the game, there is not a single "pros" for any normal players because they don't have problem in randomly getting short penalty

• Nightram

Penalties stacks up. That is what I want the game to reduce.

And no I did not ask for your personal information about any situation in your emergency.

But let us agree to disagree. You see my point. And I see yours. Let's end our conversation here.

I am trying to reduce punishments..

By reducing the DC penalties. No one is being punished.

Dbd should make a better system between internet problems, and manually DC. That's all.

• Neaxolotl

Have you ever considered about those who left behind in trial, there is 5 people in a game, game doesn't work when 1 is left, basically you've completely wasted que time, match time until that point, and match time afterwards that point for 4 peoples

You are literally trying to punish everyone EXCEPT those who DC regularly

• Nightram

I guess you have no reason to be here if you don't like the game at all, and think so negative to my propose for a change. Dosen't have to be a huge change with the DC penalties. But at least a start to have less penalty. Or have less DC penalty stacks that makes it longer for each time. Have another system in it.

If the system knew wich one were a internet problem and a manually DC. Then people wouldn't be scared of the DC penalty stacks.

The DC penalty system seems to live on it own, and the devs have a problem to alter or fix it.

It's not our fault.

• Archael

No. You are not. Removing DC penalties or reducing those at least would not reduce punishment but increase it = 1 person benefit while 3-4 are punished for that.

If you really want to reduce punishment then suggest "rejoin" function. So if one is kicked not for their fault they can join again with no or lesser penalties.

And yes, penalties stack, but only if you leave regularly, emergencies are not regular things, and if so, then you probably should not play at all for specific time.

• Neaxolotl

I like the game, and wishes people don't ruin it as much as possible, and that is why your proposal is just bad for it

Less penalty = more DC = much less game properly played, you aren't supposed to lack up it to begin with

Your internet problem is still your problem, just introduce a rejoin feature so they can show their own interest in keep playing the game, no need to mess with penalty, there is no way to differentiate pulling off lan cable and internet problem

• Nightram

That were before we got bots. Bots have evolved so much now. They are better than an average player.

Do you still wanna comment on more comments. Please just text me a message. I believe whoever read this after us understand both of our points.

I rather invest my time with a DEV, than going back and forth with someone without making any progress/change.

A DEV has already commented on my post. And it dosen't look like BHVR will do much more about this.

I'll see you in the fog if you still play this game :)

• Neaxolotl

Bots aren't human player, people plays pub matches because they want to play with people, they'd play custom if they are fine with bots

I'm just pointing obvious misunderstanding on your side

• n000b51

@Nightram :
    "Dbd should make a better system between internet problems, and manually DC"

I'm not sure the Devs can make a difference between these 2 things.

But they probably can add more servers &/or improve the efficiently of their dedicated servers (Amazon servers maybe ?) to reduce latency & stabilize all the game connections.

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 203

I think without a dc penalty you would see a dc in nearly every round. say theres a doctor for example, player doesnt like doctor, disconnects immediately upon hearing the terror radius. Their friend dcs as well since theres no problem with leaving. You now start the round against an annoying doctor with 2 bots. Then you think about weather you should dc too. And yea itl result in mass dcs across the board. Killer starts tunneling, dc, killer slugs everyone dc, killer gets bullied, dc

• SoloCircus
    SoloCircus Member Posts: 1
    edited July 13

Wow. Ok first off if someone's Internet is so weak (as you called it) that they can dc that many times so close together that they can accumulate that many bans lasting hours or more, Then they shouldn't be playing these types of games period. It would be unfortunate, but the rest of the community shouldn't be punished for your poor Internet. And as far as bots go, well yes they know where you are as killer but they are still a joke and I think most will agree If someone is struggling against them, then they need to practice playing against them. It's just a skill issue. Lastly the real issue is left with no penalty, it has been proven that sore losers will ruin the game. It would be rare to see more then 2 matches go by without losing a teammate. As someone else said. The penalty should be longer

• Nightram

The penalty could be less instead of totally removed. 30 minutes should be max. This way you can restart the internet and the devices using to play. Or at least get a mechanic where the system know if you DC manually or it was just the internet. This could solve a lot already. Server DC's dosen't count on any penalties. so we already have a mechanic like that.

Dc should not be harsher. It is already out of hand. Some people can really struggle.

But yes we can agree to disagree, you had a good point. Let's leave it like that. Message me if you wanna say more. It's up to the Dev who read all this after to think about this. We can come with suggestions and feedback, and get 0 repsponce. Don't know they do anything about what we say or not.