The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

More gens than needed

WiseTraveler
WiseTraveler Member Posts: 130

I was playing a match and at 1 gen when there is supposed to be 3 gens left I have 4 gens left to defend. I don't know how to repeat this bug it just happened.

4 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 353

Same happened to me

• WiseTraveler
    WiseTraveler Member Posts: 130

I realize that the screenshot provided is lacking, here is a better image, to try make this more clear

• MiraLanster
    MiraLanster Member Posts: 8

Had the same happening to me just now.
    Map: Midwich
    Killer: Plague

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

I had the same where not only finishing 1 made 3 gens pop at once but there was also visually an incorrect number of them.

Platform: Steam (PC) on multiple maps.

• TallyEmUp
    TallyEmUp Member Posts: 3

So here’s what I’ve noticed:

Multiple generators pop at the same time based on the number of survivors who are dead AND have left the end game lobby.
    For every dead survivor, it will pop 1 extra. So for example the generators will go from 3 to 1 if 1 person is dead. 3 to 0 if 2 are dead.
    This bug however only messes with the counter, and not the amount of generators that can be fixed, which is why you have four to patrol with 1 left to be repaired and one dead.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 677
    edited July 18

Yeah this is a new thing;

If a Survivor dies (DC doesn't count, the Survivor needs to be dead/sacrificed) and leaves the post-game menu, the next gen that gets completed will instead pop 2. If 2 Survivors die and leave the post-game menu, the next gen will make 3 pop.

It makes no sense, there's no correlation to anything in the update, but that's a thing I've sadly went against and accidentally did a few times.

I've heard some people speculate that it's an attempt at an anti-tunnelling mechanic (somebody dies early, gens suddenly go faster, also acts as a catch-up mechanic to reduce Survivors giving up since a Survivor dying doesn't necessarily mean gg for everyone) that was sneakily snuck-in to see people's reaction. I honestly think it's just a bug that somehow appeared despite nothing in the update being related to gen times or completion.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

I think that it is most likely a bug. With the maps having gotten a massive change + the 2v8 mechanic, maybe it's bleeding into this one in some sort of way? At least to make that makes sense as to why/how there is all of a sudden way more gens + on places there usually isn't a gen.