We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Queue Times Be Darned

kosaba11
kosaba11 Member Posts: 119
edited July 22 in Feedback and Suggestions

I want the ability to say "No" to playing against at least three killers. And I mean being queued against them. I am so sick of either facing the same killer over and over, or facing toxic, overpowered killers. I want to actually have fun - and no, I don't mean win, winning doesn't matter in DbD. There is nothing fun about facing the same killer over and over or facing a killer that's overpowered.

And I'm not asking to be able to filter out a big list, just three would be fine. Heck, I'll take one. Use the rate at which survivors filter killers when you balance. Or don't. I don't care - I just want to have fun, and right now it's just not fun.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• kosaba11
    kosaba11 Member Posts: 119

And I should be allowed to have in the game that I bought. Killers shouldn't be to only ones allowed to have fun.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

All I play is wesker. I don't care how good or bad he is I'm just tired of playing this man 6/10 games. All though his recent glitch is quite funny.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,253

A crazy foil to this would be killers being able to mark one Exhaustion perk that they didn't want to play against, as the exhaustion perk is often the most defining build of a survivor and the closest thing in the direction of power with cooldowns, besides items.

Just imagine if all those DH players had found it nearly impossible to queue up for a game. In the same vein Nurse players or those using the newest killers shouldn't be penalised just for their choice of killer.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Since forums have no matchmaking, you have a tool called "ignore list" which can be filled with whopping 25 people you don't like

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 792

Maybe if I get the ability to ban 3 maps, it's pretty annoying to be send on the same 3 maps that are absolutely horrible as killer too.

But I know that that won't ever happen probably, so we'll both have to live with it xD

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,658

I'll take at least knowing who I'm facing so I can decide if I want to bother with the match.

And killers want to see SWFs, so they can decide the same. Now everyone is a full-time lobby shopper and queue times are hell, forever.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 743

Quite frankly, I've seen more Weskers since the recent patch (which broke him by making Survivors horrid to play if hit by his power) than the last 6 months before it. Wesker's killrate will likely be higher due to this since it's much harder to loop when your character is completely in the wrong place and half-hidden from the camera (there's a reason why Wesker is more common recently).

When they eventually fix it, Wesker will likely go back to a more subdued pickrate.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,253

Yeah, showing who is in a SWF before the match is a pretty big no-go, BUT I still don't unterstand why its hidden AFTER the match. Sure, some peeps would make a word document of all the SWFs they encountered and check every time they queue up, but I rarely ever recognise a survivor that I played earlier, unless its super obvious.

The thing is that a lot of SWFs try to gaslight the killer, ala "no, we are just randos and played for the first time. You were just bad." or deflect attacks about the broken nature of some SWF tactics by claiming "lol, we are soloQ. Git gud. ggez."

Just show after the trial, who was in the SWF with whome, its no big deal, unless you really want to obfuscate something. But there is ONE thing that killers would notice with this system: how many of their sounding wins were against duos and trios and even full SWFs, who played suboptimally because they wanted to safe a friend. Especially duos are prone to this behaviour, with one often giving up when their mate dies, because they don't want to keep them waiting for too long. Behing HONEST with this information AFTER the trial would relativate a lot of the common "I get matched with full SWFs every second game and they are just impossible to beat" salty crybabies.

Source: I play in a full SWF all the time, and we are mediocre at best, but always try to cover each others behinds and going for risky and absolutely fullhardy rescues.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,716

I have an hypothesis about that … and I've deleted my post as I'm not sure I can tell.

Let's just say it's probably about what's absolutely need-to-know and information safety.

Knowing a group was SWF is only "nice" to have but giving that information could have bad consequences in some fringe case. (Let's not dwell.)

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,716

25 isn't enough for the crybabies but more than enough to filter out the most unreasonable elements.

Besides, these ones tend to disappear one way or another (usually from a self-inflicted wound) so more room can be made for their successors.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,164

That's a big ask.

• ValkarianHunter
    ValkarianHunter Member Posts: 21

If you are able to ban killers I get to ban perks may as well kill the game

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Killer can block 3 perks of their choosing mine gonna be DS SB and finesse

• Assassin97
    Assassin97 Member Posts: 35

There would be so many killers that would just never get a game, rest in piece every twins, trickster, skull merchant, knight, nurse main out there lmao