The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I'd like to see a feature similar to the gen bug as anti tunnel mechanic

2»

Comments

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

If there is no concept, then my opinion can be based only on original template, which is current bug and it's absolutely broken.

As for the trigger - nowhere in the op is it stated that this should be the one and only trigger.

Nowhere is stated it's going to work differently.

I have seen many anti tunneling features. All of them were useless or highly abusable.

This bug makes 3 escapes super easy. Just keep one gen 99 and get to 2 gens left. You can even let killer have best 3-gen in the world and it's useless.

• this_CouchPotato
    this_CouchPotato Member Posts: 5

The bug when it works has certainly made my survivor games easier, but overall it feels very unfair to killers.

I've had survivor matches where killer just gives up after a certain point because the gens were finished too fast due to the bug, and I've had games as killer where winning was the obvious result but 3 gens got completed instantaneously, and suddenly I'm on the verge of losing.

I'm not sure this is a good answer to prevent tunneling, but this kind of reminds me of when early hatch was still a thing. SWF would always have someone with a key ready for an early hatch escape when either enough gens are completed or when enough people die. As a solo queue, it didn't feel nice to play with as survivor or against as killer, and this current bug shouldn't be considered a solution either.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

then my opinion can be based only on original template, which is current bug and it's absolutely broken.

No one asked for your opinion. And you don’t have to base it on it when the op clearly stated ‚similar‘ and not ‚exactly the same‘

Nowhere is stated it's going to work differently.

then you could say that it would be problematic and needs another trigger. But that’s not what’s been done on this thread.

This bug makes 3 escapes super easy. Just keep one gen 99 and get to 2 gens left. You can even let killer have best 3-gen in the world and it's useless.

you clearly don’t know how it is to play soloq

• Rumplestiltskin
    Rumplestiltskin Member Posts: 138

Here is the ONLY concept that is not abuseable and actually targets real Tunneling. If one Survivor is hooked three times in a row and sacrificed without anyone else getting a hook, the next Generator will be worth two (one time bonus). That's it. That is the only remotely appropriate way to do it. Will it come up often? No. Real Tunneling doesn't come up often. Entitled Players just call nearly anything the Killer does Tunneling, Camping, or Slugging. :)

When it comes up however, it would be a nice bonus to the other Survivors who should be Gen-Rushing while the Killer chases that one Survivor to death. It will all but ensure a 3E which is a win for the Survivors, INCLUDING the one that gets sacrificed. A win is a win, and being team player that runs the Killer as long as possible for the tunnel is an honor.

Now all that being said, would this setup I mention above satisfy any of the people screaming Tunneling all the time? No, because they aren't being Tunneled, they are just bad players.

• VomitMommy
    edited July 24

No one asked for your opinion. And you don’t have to base it on it when the op clearly stated ‚similar‘ and not ‚exactly the same‘

No one asked for your opinion. Yet you also commented under this post, complaining about other people takes on this post...

I have to take it based on information I am given, if there are no declared changes. You really think anyone is going to accept broken bug as an acceptable concept, just because you add "similar" to it?

then you could say that it would be problematic and needs another trigger. But that’s not what’s been done on this thread.

Do you even know my comment on this post?

I said the trigger has nothing to do with tunneling, which is clearly what OP is trying to fight and stated that it's easily abusable.

you clearly don’t know how it is to play soloq

You clearly don't know how it is to play SWF.

I play full SWF, duo, solo and multiple killers from Blight to Legion.

This feature would be terrible for everyone except full SWF. You just need to think a little about consequences…

How do you think would go, if survivors get rewarded for another survivor dead?

• Mooks

i don’t agree that 3 times hooking one survivor without any other being hooked is the best indicator for tunneling tbh.
    Could still be a 3 man swf throwing the 4th random surv under the bus, while they avoid hooks by any other means. Or the one survivor is just running into the killer. Or the killer happens to find said survivor that often and can’t find/catch the others even though they are trying.

But… this is indeed happening a lot and in a lot of tunneling attempts the survivors may succeed in getting in between killer and tunneled and that’s the only reason why it’s not 3 consecutive hooks - doesn’t mean that there wasn’t an attempt to tunnel (also doesn’t mean there need to be an anti tunnel mechanic being triggered when the survs succeed like that either)

• Rumplestiltskin

Unlikely because the Killer would have to be in on it and unless the Killer is going for a specific person, he/she will hook someone else. Attempted tunnels don't count. A Tunnel is strictly defined and you wanting to expand that definition is a subjective way is what makes this a problem. Tunneling is the Killer going for one individual and ignoring everyone else. That is the ONLY definition of Tunneling. You would have to be monumentally unlucky (and a bad Player) to accidentally get hooked three times in a row. And with this suggested rule the Killer would simply ignore you for the third one and hook someone else first. ;)

You don't get to telepathically guess that the Killer was intending to Tunnel. That is self-serving entitlement. Only actions count. Did the Killer hook a single person three times in a row until they sacrificed without going for anyone else.

• Mooks

you are not basing your takes on the information in this post. You are basing it on the bug and other comments outside of op. Your assumptions. Which is okay - if stated as such in the comment at least.

I commented because people were not keeping it on topic - including you. And the original poster agreed with me on that. By all means, give your feedback, and if it relates to this topic, go ahead. But it’s not really respectful to talk op’s feedback down based on something they specifically said wasn’t their suggestion.

And I know how it is to play swf. Though that doesn’t really have any relation to this at all so why bring that up?

• VomitMommy

But it’s not really respectful to talk op’s feedback down based on something they specifically said wasn’t their suggestion.

What exactly about this post is so thoughtful that it deserves any respect?

OP likes the bug, didn't think at all about it and decided mostly targeted group are tunneling killers, said they want something like a broken bug in the game as a feature.

There is no effort to deserve respect.

And I know how it is to play swf. Though that doesn’t really have any relation to this at all so why bring that up?

Then you should know, how easy is to abuse this bug...

What exactly your "assumption" about my soloQ experience had to do with this, why bring that up?

• Rumplestiltskin

And for the record I don't think there NEEDS to be an anti-Tunneling mechanic. I merely made the suggestion of the only one that would be remotely workable. I think it isn't needed and that real Tunneling is rarer than people think and has plenty of in-game counters already. I merely gave the only possible suggesting, remotely related to how the bug works. I'm not advocating for it. ;)

• Mooks

said they want something like a broken bug in the game as a feature.

not what they were saying.

And they didn’t say they like the bug but that the bug made some game more fair.

There is no effort to deserve respect.

there is no reason for disrespect even if you disagree. Op wasn’t insulting or throwing tantrum. Basic respect for another human being just voicing their opinion should be a given and in fact is part of the forum rules.

Then you should know, how easy is to abuse this bug...

which is why I never stated the bug should be implemented as a feature as it was. As was no one else in this thread as far as I have seen.

What exactly your "assumption" about my soloQ experience had to do with this, why bring that up?

because you stated that it’s oh so easy to just push 3 gens and get another to 99 and get someone else killed. Which is not as easy in soloq. Not my assumption. Just using given info.

• VomitMommy
    edited July 24

there is no reason for disrespect even if you disagree.

Well, sadly I am the type of person to give respect when it's deserved.

Basic respect for another human being just voicing their opinion should be a given and in fact is part of the forum rules.

My first comment wasn't really insulting, just point out clear flaws. I can be definitely way harsher, but mods don't tend to like it...

Which is not as easy in soloq. Not my assumption. Just using given info

When did I stated I do it as soloQ, Why did you assume I am talking about soloQ?

I definitely can do it with soloQ. I simply 99 gen at 2 gens left and let someone die on hook…

The longer the bug stays, more people do it. Then it becomes standard even for soloQ.

they didn’t say they like the bug but that the bug made some game more fair.

So they don't like the bug, they just like the outcome of the bug... Makes sense

So killers don't like tunneling, they just like survivor dead. Funny approach

And concept of "fair" is questionable at best in this.

• Mooks

eh. I already said there doesn’t need to be an anti-tunnel mechanic for failed tunneling attempts. That doesn’t mean the killer wasn’t trying to tunnel.

Also? Easy tunneling outside of your strict definition, hook one survivor twice, at next unhook event, down unhooker, then down tunneled surv, then hook unhooker and then hook tunneled surv.
    I would still say that was tunneling. Sure, a good team may be able to work against that, but it’s a game, there are not only coordinated teams that will prevent this kind of tunneling. Just one simple example. And there are more.

• Mooks

Well, sadly I am the type of person to give respect when it's deserved.

Well. That certainly is sad as it directly implies you think it’s okay to be disrespectful to a neutral person.

I definitely can do it with soloQ. I simply 99 gen at 2 gens left and let someone die on hook…

sorry but i do not believe you are able to do 3 gens plus another to 99 in every single soloq match.

So killers don't like tunneling, they just like survivor dead. Funny approach

uhm. Yeah? That’s.. kinda the point of tunneling? To get a survivor out as fast as possible whichbmales it easier to get the others?

of course concept of ‚fair‘ is questionable. Or better: subjective. Just as your or my or ops takes. ⁉️

• Rumplestiltskin

And for the record I don't think there NEEDS to be an anti-Tunneling mechanic. I merely made the suggestion of the only one that would be remotely workable. I think it isn't needed and that real Tunneling is rarer than people think and has plenty of in-game counters already. I merely gave the only possible suggesting, remotely related to how the bug works. I'm not advocating for it. ;)

• VomitMommy
    edited July 24

it’s okay to be disrespectful to a neutral person.

I really don't think OP's stance is neutral...

sorry but i do not believe you are able to do 3 gens plus another to 99 in every single soloq match

Why not? You don't get to 2 gens as soloQ? Funny thing is even 3 gens are enough when 2 survivors die.

Every single match? Not really, but we usually get there more than not. Even in global statistics there is at least 40% escape rate, which means survivors often finished all gens even as soloQ, so what's so hard about finishing 3 gens? That's one bad chase for the killer in reality. Especially when you don't need to care about 3-genning yourself.

of course concept of ‚fair‘ is questionable. Or better: subjective. Just as your or my or ops takes. ⁉️

Fair would imply it's without favoritism to either side, no? While this bug has heavily one sided effect. I don't see anything fair about it.

Btw OP never mentioned fair, so that's from you.

OP said enjoyable, which is true for sure when it gives free escapes. Nothing about it is fair tho, it's not deserved.

• Mooks

I really don't think OP's stance is neutral... 

yeah I see that. You still made a generic statement that you only are respectful when you think it’s deserved.

As to gens.. we are not talking about the majority of matches. We are talking about matches that are frustrating due to tunneling one surv out very early. Which happens. It doesn’t need to happen to you or me specifically either. Also imo this includes matches where a surv leaves on first hook before even a gen gets done (which is a major complaint point in the community) - and please don’t tell me it’s deserved for the killer to win these cases no matter what. ‚Deserved‘ in a videogame is less fitting than fair a but I agree it wasn’t the best word to use from my side.

• VomitMommy
    edited July 25

You still made a generic statement that you only are respectful when you think it’s deserved.

Yeah, I think about my comments about how much OP though about the post, or about how much realistic it is...

There are people on this forum, where I always try to give constructive feedback, because I respect their opinions.

This post is not one of them. There is no effort in this post.

We are talking about matches that are frustrating due to tunneling one surv out very early. Which happens.

If I kill someone at 5 gens, it doesn't matter. This bug is unlikely to save you.

It's more punishing for killers that actually try to kill later in the game.

Even if I down someone on dead hook on 2 gens left, I can't hook and it doesn't matter, how many hooks total I have. I have to slug, otherwise I am going to lose the game for it.

I can't ever kill a survivor when gens left are even (2,4), which is highly annoying. Especially when it's not by my choice (survivor gave up).

and please don’t tell me it’s deserved for the killer to win these cases no matter what.

Those wins are definitely not deserved, but those are made by choice of a survivor, not the game.