The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dedicated Server is not responding, disconnecting

Sika21
Sika21 Member Posts: 6
edited July 29 in Bug Reporting

I play on PC-Steam and I encountered this issue yesterday. After trying out 2v8, I decided to play some normal matches. I logged into a game and started playing but after less than a minute, the game ended and I got the message "Dedicated Server is not responding, disconnecting…". I tried to log into another match, same thing happened. From yesterday till now I've been logging in matches, only to get the same message and disconnect. But a couple of hours before the first time this happened, I had played a couple of normal matches just fine. And even now, I seem to play normally in 2v8 but when I try to log into regular dbd, I have this happen every time. I tried everything, verifying my files, checking internet connection, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and nothing has helped. I decided to record my latest efforts to show it. If it's a server problem indeed, I am located in Greece, surely the server there must have some issues.

https://mega.nz/file/hvBn2KID#JIpoFQ1cqdfoy9Kth9GYUDWWbVTfmXIp3hQnnaWb7kA

Post edited by Sika21 on
3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• sausage11
    sausage11 Member Posts: 127

Big thread on that already:

Nothing you can do really than to wait for a fix. There might be a server outage in your region.

• HavoCwC
    HavoCwC Member Posts: 4

I've had this issue since The Unknown chapter release. Ever since then, randomly I will get "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting…" and it continues randomly. There is nothing you can do about it. It's been brought up to them consistantly and I have given them evidence of the issue and how it's not on my end or my internet. People have been complaining about this for a long time and they fail to recognize it and continue to blame the players and their connection rather than themselves and fixing it.

I have a buddy who moved from Xbox a few days ago to PC and now all of a sudden he's getting it as well but doesn't get it on his Xbox. The servers need to be fixed. I've received a 72 hour ban over time because of it and you have to wait 24 hours of no ban for it to go down 1 tier of ban (5 min ban first time and 15 min ban second time with 30 mins being the 3rd time. You have to wait 24 hours for it to go from a 30 min ban to 15 min ban and so on.)

Anyways, I hope they fix this soon. I have played the game ever since it came out and now having issues like this is just frustrating. I can't even play the game properly.