The Trickster Feedback

1234568Β»

Comments

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,685

Streamers are sometimes the worst people to ask for opinions, because many of them are dramatic on purpose, and release dramatic clickbait videos, just to get clicks. And some of them throw entire games away for Youtube montages. And saying words like "most Trickster players" is misleading, because you really don't have a representative sample of the players.

If the sound really is just a "immersion experience", then give me a volume slider to turn off voice lines, and give me a volume slider to lower the volume of killer sound effects.

Also, I'm still a Blight and Nurse main. And yes, their repetitive noises are obnoxious too, and I wish I could volume slider them much lower. The difference is that Blight and Nurse are currently stuck with their garbage loud noises, but Trickster currently isn't stuck with garbage loud noises. So there is actual hope BHVR can keep Trickster at his currently good sound levels.

• Shrimplover
    Shrimplover Member Posts: 34

I'm using this killer because I'm attracted to Trickster's sound and abilities, so I think I'll quit DBD when those things disappear. It's not just a game where you aim to win, but a game where you can enjoy the best experience. If you're just aiming for victory, I think you should just play another game or use a wraith that isn't interesting at all. What I see as a problem with the current Trickster is that the ``feel-good experience'' has decreased because the knife posting speed has become slower.

• StarstruckFrog
    StarstruckFrog Member Posts: 55

I really can't understate how boring new trickster is guys.... Hit 8 knives, pop main event, down the survivor... repeat.

When the only "rapid fire gameplay" I get is by popping an automatic fire mode that takes control away from me, It gets old incredibly quick.

I liked old trickster cuz I was in control constantly. But now if I don't use main event every chance i get I'm stuck with a strictly worse version of a character I liked. I really fail to see how this is an improvement in any way, and im still baffled by the fact he isn't on the roadmap for any future changes.

• TricksterEnjoyer5402
    TricksterEnjoyer5402 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 10

Please bring back 4.4 Trickster cause 4.6 is an not something we wanted (4.4 BETTER) This Trickster can't even punish survivors that are doing an specific animations. I don't know how ,but you did make this killer so stale and boring. One of my favorites killers to play became a shell of former self and that's raising some questions.

Why did u guys think reworking Trickster to be 4.6 was a good adition to the a range killer?

Basically Trickster right now his power is meaningless, M1 is far better than knives. Having to injure someone in 8 knives and wasting far more time with each chase. I get ME 8 knives ,but why do i need to be reliant on the ME every single chase and can't focus on my knives. I don't want to be a machine gun. I want to be accurate and have fun , but i'm losing interest in this killer by the day.

I know many people quit Trickster cause is just not that good anymore, he's lacking skill in all departaments. Reworked add-ons that are not even good like Fizz Spin Soda and Ji-Woons Autograph let's not forget Death Throes Compilation.

PTB Trickster

Was fun to play him , but you over nerfed him, he was completely fine. He had 4 KPS and ME 6 KPS was really good, but you've only seen some videos from some interesting people and completely nerfed him. The PTB Trickster was mostly fine cause he had 10 seconds decay down sight a massive one, but nah. [ONE BIG KNIFE BTW]

7.4.0 Trickster

You gave us 3 KPS and ME 4 KPS? Let's not forger 4.6 and no recoil and his 10 seconds decay still ,but after some complaining from the community you backed up on those.

7.4.1 Trickster

Received

• Memento Blades Add-on: Increased the bonus throw speed from Memento Blades to 10% (was 5%).

That was just a bandaid, tbh that was laziest bandaid i've seen so far.

7.4.2 Trickster

Received

• Decreased the base time between throws to 0.3 seconds (was 0.33)
    • Increased the Main Event throw rate multiplier to 66% (was 33%)
    • Increased the Main Event active duration to 6 seconds (was 5 seconds)
    • Reverted the time before Laceration starts decaying to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds)

That means you guys backed up with some his changes and acknowledged the mistake and gave us back some of his kit.

Overall you just admited that u were wrong. I don't wanna be mean ,but make this killer like he once was.

TricksterEnjoyer5402

• FreeKnives
    FreeKnives Member Posts: 82

I agree with you. Many Long Time Trickster mains, and even dedicated Trickster players like myself who have been only playing him for 6 months even, are starting to feel the difference, things are not feeling as good long term....and I think it comes down to the "feel good experience" like you said....Its very sad to see the best Trickster players feel this way too.

• FreeKnives

Blight and Nurse main...that makes a lot of sense now. You do indeed just enjoy the wins. Thats interesting.

• FreeKnives

You were in Wacek stream today. Hello! LOL

I do find myself wasting a lot of time in chases because of the 8 knives to injure, I have to admit... At first it felt challenging, but now I realize challenging for the wrong reasons. But its been 3 months and hes becoming repetitive, where as the 6 months before he did not feel repetitive despite my frustrations. The benefit of 4.6 is canceled out by more knives to injure/down, and slower throw rate, (no ramping either)....to balance him. Which seems fair on paper, but regardless, feels bad in practice and does not age well over time when playing him a lot. And as I said before a lot of survivor complaints would be alleviated with better UI indicators on their side, fixing audio cues that broke even. Even though I wanted 4.6, and liked PTB Trickster initially....Its just not feeling as good as the previous 4.4 Trickster..... I gave it a fair amount of time, I think. This isnt a snap judgment.

Maps are evolving too it seems, and becoming more cluttered with awkward or invisible hitboxes, and having more LOS blockers, and hitboxes on some maps are still broken with invisible walls for ranged killers like Macmillian shack.... so you really feel the 8 knives to injure, 16 to down every chase. You could argue Main Event is his saving grace currently, if you just use it all the time you will be fine. Thats true. I am fine using it all the time, it saves knives....and yet.... he doesn't feel great, it is becoming repetitive. I dont remember feeling that with old Trickster. I like not waiting 30 blades to get Main Event, and yet I think I'd still take 4.4 over new Trickster. He just felt more complete, his blades were better rewarded and more lethal, and his audio and animation worked better with his 4.4 design.

Although BHVR is considering "all players and the overall impact of the game" (a recent email) when it comes to Trickster, they should really consider dedicated Trickster Mains and repin this forum, because whether he was D tier, A Tier for a week, or back to C Tier....Its the Trickster Mains who keep playing him, who play him best, and can teach the best ways to play him, they advertise with streaming and fan art, they even help survivors learn how to counter him (if they arent busy being salty), and they are the ones who will buy all the cosmetics... Which is why I think this forum was unpinned prematurely by the Devs.

BHVR was able to make so many changes to Sadako, and get her back to feeling good for the Sadako Mains, and BHVR did Billy justice (albeit many years later) so it's not a stretch to believe that Trickster will be addressed again too. It's just... are they listening to dedicated Trickster Mains? Will we need to wait a couple of years too?

• FreeKnives

Looks like work is in progress to fix Trickster's audio issues, and hopefully they continue to resolve all of his bugs. Im sure its more complicated than simply turning up the volume, especially with Trickster's voice lines during his Mori not working or not being synced. So Im hopeful. Its a good sign that they are listening and its appreciated.

• Knifyyy
    Knifyyy Member Posts: 2
    edited March 5

The changes made to The Trickster in Dead by Daylight with patch 7.4.0 were supposed to make him more exciting and engaging to play. However, they ended up making him feel even less fun and kind of boring. Let's break it down.

Before the patch, Trickster had this cool ability where he could throw knives really fast during his Main Event, which made him feel powerful and fun to play. But after the patch, they made his Main Event shorter and reduced how fast he could throw knives during it. It's like they took away his coolest move and made him less awesome. Removed the surprise factor.

And don't even get me started on the animations not matching up with his memento blades add-on. It's like when you throw a knife, it doesn't feel as cool or satisfying because the animation doesn't look right. It's a small thing, but it makes a big difference in how fun Trickster is to play.

Plus, they made Trickster rely too much on special add-ons just to be decent. Without these add-ons, he feels weak and not as fun to play. It's like they took away his ability to be good on his own and made him depend too much on extra stuff.

Even after they tried to fix some things with patch 7.4.2, like bringing back the longer laceration decay, it didn't really help make Trickster more fun. It's like they're trying to fix a broken toy, but it still doesn't work right.

Overall, the changes they made to Trickster just made him feel less exciting and more boring to play. Until they make some big improvements, playing as Trickster just doesn't feel as fun as it used to be.

So therefore am gonna main someone like Blight. Thank you BHVR for ruining one of my favorite characters!

• FreeKnives
    edited March 8

Knifyyy is one of the most dedicated Trickster mains you will find, Im glad he finally put his opinion here. A lot of dedicated Trickster Mains, (worlds best Tricksters) even the ones who genuinely wanted to give this version of Trickster a try are starting to realize hes just not the same feel, and his audio/visual ques and animations are not working properly.

I like the movement speed of current trickster but I still stand by its better to have a stronger basekit instead, his 4.4 speed frustration could have easily been alleviated by current photocard, or in other creative ways to reward for aiming, like adding haste to combo system along with duration to Main Event not to mention adding flair like Trick blades to Supreme combo (something like that). Combo system is such a good idea, just needs more reward. And stand out better, I rarely notice it, UI wise.

Even though 4.4 base kit was stronger, he did feel weak then at times, not just because of MFT. This change to Trickster at least in PTB, was to buff him I thought, and make him accessible on controller, but Im on controller.... at medium mmr, and hes fun when you go against low mmr survivors sure...you shred, but 4.4 Trickster could do that... but thats not often I run into unaware survivors, and becoming less often as I climb the experience ladder. Even so, more experienced Tricksters who still shred with him even now, are feeling bored by the lack of skill ceiling that 4.4 had with rewards for aiming. Casual Trickster is fun to play once in a blue moon sure, but to main him like this feels like Im playing a mobile game thats meant to keep my attention while I wait for my laundry to be done, not something most want to play for hours a day or something to look forward to with keeping up with practice to stay good with him.

Luckily for me controller is and always will be hard mode Trickster, so I still have a skill ceiling I can always climb, but I had that before and Im learning PC/WASD so I can still enjoy climbing a skill ceiling with Trickster even on PC now, but aiming is easier with PC, and I can see why this Trickster is going to feel repetitive for PC players after dumping a huge amount of hours into him. I get it now. I like 4.6 movement at times, but because I want to use knives, I feel like I catch up and then might as well be throwing pebbles at them when they cut line of sight properly or loop well because of throw rate and knives to injure, and its just faster to m1. I hate that feeling. Being forced to m1 or rely on Main Event to get the down most of the time. Its just not as satisfying as when you hit a knife on someone to get a down (without ME). For controller 6 knives/faster throw rate was better, but I admit so is movement speed....but there are other ways to give a character haste other than basekit speed, or perks. And still make it rewarding...

I love the challenge of him on controller as much as it is painful at times...but I do admit that this character is and always will be better on PC, and as a controller player Im fine with that, otherwise changing this character to make him easier generally, is going to break the fun/reward of him... He is a skill-based killer. Despite people who have never touched him think about him. I play this character religiously, at this point DBD support is aware of my passion for this character I am sure.... To put in perspective...I have approx 900hrs on Trickster with controller/console probably around 9/10k lacerations, and on PC/Mnk probably around 50-60 hrs with 1k lacerations on Trickster, and the difference in aim is so apparent now, its kind of startling, that I finally do understand what you cant change about this character just for controller players, but also what you can so that he feels good to both PC and Console. This Trickster misses that mark, IMO. No recoil with haste addons or haste to reward of combo would have been a good boost to my controller 4.4 Trickster, you have no idea how much that would have solved when I thought 4.6 was the solution. But I wouldn't have known all this had we not got this version of Trickster, so I guess everything happens for a reason, and if BHVR is willing to continue to improve Trickster, then...hopefully its not too late....and we don't have to wait months for news or changes.

Post edited by FreeKnives on
  • Abseudus
    Abseudus Member Posts: 14

By now I'm at the same spot as many others seem to be here.

Find a survivor -> Shoot 8 knifes -> Main Event -> Hook -> Find a survivor...

I heard that BHVR is looking into it again, but honestly - can we please have the old 4.4 trickster back? With all the old addons? At least meanwhile? Maybe remove recoil and we're good? Currently the skill ceiling is like below the floor, which is not really a fun or engaging mechanic to play.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 687

Im worried with the silence about TricksterΒ΄s feedback. A lot of people dont like how he works now, specially his addons. Locker animation is bugged or is so much worse than before. A lot of suggestions since November and BHVR still complete quiet about that. OK, Trickster could be incresce his kill rate ( i think) but, A LOT OF PEOPLE dont like how he works now, specially 8 knifes to injured, thowing speed without add, add in general, he has 2 "combo" add nobody know what they do. Im so sad about BHVR didnt change him and be complete quiet about Trickster.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

machine gun for camp! that all!

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,244

after 6 months since trickster rework. they still have not fixed memento blade's animations. please make memento blade's animations match his throwing knife speed. It is only annoying aspect of playing trickster.

The trickster is fun to play with memento blade's but the animation needs fixing. Base throwing mode feels underwhelming without memento blade's but animation feels awful when using said add-on.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 687

9 months and BHVR still silent about Trickster. What the reason behind feedbacks?

• Revvium
    Revvium Member Posts: 92

Yeah its a sad sight to see Trickster in the state he's in for so long.

-Rev 😘

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,153

I get it - They still haven't given Sadako her buff that was scheduled back in January. Its been bugged ever since.

• Revvium

Its at the point where I don't really know to be quiet or keep going on about it, I think more care could be taken with reworks to make sure the aesthetic quality, audio design, addon variety, and gameplay enjoyment is kept intact because 9 months is far too long for a rework like this to remain unfixed. We lost so much, I just miss 4.4 Trickster, I miss ramp-up, I miss his huffs when he threw knives, I miss his lobby wink! Its very saddening.

-Rev 😘

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,459

Completely agree. Wouldn't mind a crosshair too honestly, I chose to not play with it since many good Trickter players don't use it, but I mean it would be comfy, not gonna lie. And remove his lullaby already too.

I don't even mind 8 blades to down and 8 blades for main event, though survivors find it unfun to play against, which I get. Literally all they need to do is make Memento Blades full basekit, fix the animation, remove his lullaby and, if they want to for bonus points, add a crosshair option ingame and Trickster would feel so much better to play.

• Revvium

Removing even more nuance from Trickster's design will not help anything, Bring back all of the old features because they were pertinent to his immersion and existence! I never see Tricksters in my lobbies anymore. I've seen two since his rework because he's just horrible at high mmr now.

-Rev 😘

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,244

at this rate, just fixing the bug sufficient. they're taking as long to fix this bug as they are to fix plague's stun bug which nobody noticed it was bugged until they fixed said bug.