We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Predatory Marketing by BHVR

Comments

• Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 555

Ah thats the gaslighting i expected. No i havent touched the files at all. I did not change anything i dont even use shaders.

So how exactly is it a me problem if they can not programm it corectly?

• Jim_Tonic

Its funny how people always jump to the cosmetics. I have said 0 about those in my OP….

• MarylinMonhoe
    MarylinMonhoe Member Posts: 129

Predatory is a bit… extreme

I wasn't chocked to see the trailer/ad, since it's their game too and in the same universe

We're not on the same level as Ubisoft hey, no ad featuring discount while you are browsing through your characters

And you can toggle the option to never see it again

It's marketing but on a non obnowious level

Chill

• Jim_Tonic

And the next one… the reason why i am so upset is THE TOGGLE DONT WORK. It keeps coming back every time i boot up even after ive been away from the game a fiew days it hasnt been fixed yet and im being ignored by the devs once again.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,299

I don't believe the ad itself is predatory but the first time you see the ad it could probably be presented a little less obnoxiously. It's BHVR using their own IP to advertise another game using the same IP I really don't see the issue with that specifically.

If the checkmark to not see it again isn't working that's likely a bug.

• Jim_Tonic

Ok but when is this bug gonna be resolved? all im getting is silence from the devs and gaslighting by other users that dont pay attention to what im saying in my OP.

• MarylinMonhoe
    MarylinMonhoe Member Posts: 129

My bad, i didn't see through all YOUR RANT, you already tried that

To me it works perfectly, as you stated it's a bug, not some predatory move

• Jim_Tonic

Look i dont care if its a bug or a marketing strat or if its Skull merchant hacking herself into my account just to bully me, what matters is how fast its gonna be fixed. And right now im very disappointed.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,712

so.. you have been told multiple times that this is not a strategy or intentional - even by a dev themselves, and you know you are in the very minority of people that are affected by this issue where the checkmark doesn’t stay checked.

Yet you still haven’t created a bug report (here is none reported yet and there is obviously few people affected) and demand it to be fixed quickly?

• Jim_Tonic
  • Mooks
  • GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,622

Your chest bug report got closed. Because it was a duplicate. This is a wholly different topic, and bug.

Going by your very own list of discussions, you have never submitted a bug report regarding this specific issue. That means that either you simply never made one, or it got hidden. The latter only happens when a post is particularly inflammatory.

Either way, something doesn’t hold up.

• Jim_Tonic

ok yes seems like i mixed the two up, happens when there is a billion bugs at the same time. It would not have been the first time where i get ignored with my issiues so i was just assuming the same case here.

This here thread peanits alredy said they forward it to the team so i dont see a reason to make a report for it. Only question is how fast it will actually be fixed. I havent been online for over a week now, i still had the pop up today when i played again.

• Mooks

again, the chest bug report was a duplicate and was tagged as such correctly. I even sent you the original report that’s under review.

Expecting a fix for an issue that only got acknowledged to be looked at last week is really unfair. They have to find the issue (which is hard enough as you are the only one affected as far as we know) and they need to fix it, test it (again, hard because not easily reproducible) deploy it in an official update. They have plenty of other bugs they are working on (that are probably higher prioritized as for your issue only few players are affected and it’s „only“ annoying but not game breaking or game affecting at all)

I also went through your discussions because of your accusation - and most reports are tagged as duplicates and you have several threads where a dev or mod was active. That is crucially more engagement than my reports/feedback and you still accuse them of ignoring you?!?

• Jim_Tonic

I have wrote at least 11 tickets over the course of 2 years about a diffrent topic that has been plagueing this game for even longer than i play it. And not one of those got answered. Yes i see that as ignoring.

I gave up about "dedicated servers not responding" and will probably stay a way for a fiew months again if it ever happens again to me. But that doesnt mean i have to shut up about other bugs too, it only means im always expecting to be ignored, so excuse me if i allow myself to be sceptical about a closed thread.

And the link you sent me was archived so i couldnt opened it, moderator rizzo explained as such in a private convo and said the (chest) bug is under review, so that case is closed for me. Also about the checkmark issiue, sure its low priority but maybe i am just worried it never gets resolved? Is that understandable?

You gotta see from my PoV:
    1) I didnt have full information about the Chest bug, i just experienced it in a match and went on the forum to post, using the search bar if it has alredy upvoted and i found nothing.

2) My thread gets closed after NOT seeing another thread about it, saying it was duplicate, only for seeing in the very bug reports section that there has been 2 posts about knights new "feature" back to back from the same person, which have been not tagged as duplicate when i looked it up. Maybe its diffrent now but an hour ago they were not. So i felt personally targeted for no reason.

3) my previous 11 !!! tickets about a diffrent issiue over the last fiew years have really been ignored, making me prejudiced about generally being listened to by BHVR.

So idk why you are after me but im just reacting according to the situation.

• Mooks

it wasn’t archived. It’s still available and also in the other thread. And can be found easily in the bug report section - and again, no one attacked you for reporting it anyway, you just took offense that it got correctly closed for being a duplicate.

If it gets closed for being a duplicate, you could maybe at least consider the possibility that it is a duplicate instead of accusing the devs of favoritism.

As for the server not responding issue - this could very well be just what it tells you it is? A faulty server connection. This is an issue that may very well happen to every game running on dedicated servers and can never be fixed completely - not matter what the devs do. Obviously, this can also be a false error message and if it happens often especially for specific players or specific servers then something needs to be done. But why assume that you get ignored on this? And again, pretty much all your other reports were closed for being duplicates - that’s not being ignored but actively manually reviewed by a mod or dev and there is a duplicate report. I have made my feedback about this myself that it would be nice to have the original report linked in a duplicate but they just don’t have the resources to do that.

I am not ‚after‘ you, I am trying to explain to you how they are not after you and you shouldn’t take these things personally. And you should try to report issues in a constructive way instead of accusing them of the worst you can currently imagine.

• Gmoore23
    Gmoore23 Member Posts: 193

Dude, with how much I've seen you complain about non-issues like this and the duplicate bug report thing, I'm beginning to think you're just looking for a reason to complain. And, in the kindest way possible, it's making you look horrible.

So, for your own sake, stop.

• Jim_Tonic

It only looks that way because when im going on here it is to give feedbacks about things that annoy me in this game, didnt know there was an obligatory amount of praise posts until someone is allowed to report bugs or give simple opinions…

I could also talk about cosmetic designs and map visiual designs which i find nice. But that would be pretty much more clutter in this forum so i rather focus on the things that i view as important, is that okay?

• Jim_Tonic

Oh boy how often ive seen the very excuse you gave about the "server not responding issiue" when litteraly every other online pve / pve game im playing does not have this issiue, when im living in a country with generally very good internet connection and all other websites / devices have smooth internet on my end. Had this talk a 1000 times by now.

And the thread you are talking about is not what my op was that got closed, so why are you getting involved if you dont even know? Also its not the one rizzo mentioned, as he himself clarifyied to me that the issiued post that made mine duplicate has been alredy archived and its under the teams review in this very moment. Are you here just for arguings sake?

• Mooks

it would be okay if you stayed constructive doing so.

But you are making unnecessary assumptions and try to victimize yourself when it’s not personally about you.

Alone in this comment - no one said you need to praise anything or compliment something yet it’s what you focus on. No one ever said you can’t give feedback or report bugs or express what annoys you in this game. The forums are here for just that.
    just don’t be insulting or get personal doing so.

• Jim_Tonic

I gave you above a numbered point reason why it looked like targeting to me.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 942

Serious advice: All the emotional energy you are putting into this game is not worth it. No computer game is worth creating constant complaint threads, and writing endless paragraphs debating random people online.

You might care about this crap now, but eventually you will look back on this period of your life and realise that you wasted a large amount of your time on here, doing and achieving absolutely nothing, other than making yourself miserable.

• Jim_Tonic

I guess you are saying i could have a little less of a harsh tone if you talk about being constructive..

At this point i cant help myself, im prejudiced for a reason and it seems like im getting more attention when im being harsh.

Its just my logical consequence for being ignored about issiues in the past when i actually tried to be diplomatic and calm.

• Jim_Tonic

Im waiting on matches in the mean time its not that deep.

I do love this game and i still enjoy it, i post complaints maybe now and then but the amount of hours i play and did play this game in the past years where i enjoyed myself quite mutch outweights it. I have a big pile of shame in my steam library if i was just miserable and completely fed up with this game i wouldnt spend what little time i have for myself bothering with it.

The moment you wont see anything from me again is the moment where i got fed up and do not enjoy the game no more. As long as im posting im generally fine with Dead by daylight, again this only mirrors the certain aspects i dont like, why i try to get attention to those.

My "energy" has more to do with the company behind it rather than the game itself.

• Mooks

and these are still just assumptions that are not true. From an outside POV it looks like you try to find a way to be targeted. That’s why I told you to try to not take things here personally. Especially when you just make stuff up.

it’s not an excuse if it’s true. Other games have these issues - maybe with another error message or it gets worked around better. But the issue itself can still happen and no game dev will tell you that a dedicated server will always without fail work as intended. And it’s not just one single issue - it can be caused by different things and you don’t know if some of these issues did get resolved. But especially if it happens less often now it’s safe to assume something was done, no?

and the report is still exactly what you were talking about in your closed/duplicate report. Yeah there may be another report archived (probably in PTB bug report section as those get archived quickly) - but then my point still stands - you shoudnt accuse the devs of ignoring you when your report was manually tagged as duplicate and thus being reviewed.

• Gmoore23

Well there's a difference between giving feedback and being cruel, especially when the things that you've been talking about aren't issues. Both this and the second bug report being closed are mole hills you've decided are mountains.

• Jim_Tonic

Well the games i played and the other games im playing aside from DBD dont have these issiues. Where you get disconnected and all your match progress is lost which is annoying af. Disconnects in general can be, very well yes.

But do you know always when i got an official response about it they claimed it was my connection causing it. So either we say its normal and it happens because of various reasons or we say its not on their end. It cannot be both. And with how fast im responding to your posts you can see my internet is not slow or having hiccups. And it didnt happen less. It would accure every now and then, randomly not too often. And then february last year it spiked horribly. (or was it this years february im not sure, either of those, you couldnt play for 10 minutes without this) Now its back to "normal", just so you have the right picture about that topic.. so i'll stop talking about this now.

An animation and a speed boost is not the same in my book, only because both bugs revolve around the chests doesnt mean they are caused by the same issiue. Also i dont know what kind of picture you have about me but i dont even know these people i dont have a personal beef going on. I wouldve reacted in an EA forum or something just the same, when i dont see any posts about it and have the "duplicate" as a tagg. Also i cant possibly know that Closed and duplicate automaticly means its being reviewed when i, again, didnt see a simillar post.

Im a very simple guy, if there is thunders and lighnting im gonna assume both is related to the very same storm.. So if i have been ignored in the past, im gonna assume the same now, with the picture that i got from my PoV. Are you their attorney or something?

• Jim_Tonic

I have reasons for why im having a harsh tone. Makes sure im not getting ignored. Again.

• Gmoore23

You realize your tone is part of the reason most everyone here is against you right?

• Jim_Tonic

And thats ok they can be against me all they want, i dont mind.

I'll take that if it means im getting actual official response that way, compared to when im "nice" and im not getting any attention to my bugs at all.

• Mooks

to be fair, looking at your record, this is correct. (Except for you being ignored before but I guess that’s already besides the point)

It may lead to a ban however if you cross a line.

• Jim_Tonic

you havent seen all my "nice" tickets from the last view years that got ignored.

Because usually when you do a simple ticket they get answered in a fiew weeks but i guess at BHVR things are a little bit diffrent.

And yeah they can ban me with ease but that doesnt make the bugs go away either.

• Gmoore23

Look dude, with the way you've acted in pretty much every post of yours I've seen, it's possible that you'll get banned or something. Just know that if that happens, it's on you. It's not the devs trying to silence criticism; it's them trying to get rid of a jerk on their platform.

• Mooks

are you talking about support tickets being ignored or reports on this forum?

Because support tickets get answered for me always and it would be very interesting to hear they actually didn’t respond? Which kind of tickets?

Also… your attitude doesn’t solve the bugs either. As evidenced in his thread 😅

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,520

I once had a similar issue but instead it was my sensitivity and my UI scale. Turns out its because I messed around with my config file a while back to change my graphics (since back then there were A LOT less options and VSync was forced on)

Just repair game files and you should be fine.

• Jim_Tonic

And you just proof it, when we are reporting bugs we are considered "jerks" or whatever slur there is. If even users think like that no wonder noone is calling out when actual genuine criticism gets silenced.

• Jim_Tonic

Support tickets, and just because they answer to you doesnt mean im making this up, this is the kind of disingunity that makes me so mad and its not only the users its the devs aswell.

What a surprise someone that gets ignored becomes more vocal the next time they have an issiue.

• Jim_Tonic

If it was so simple do you really think i would be sitting here bothering with all of this??

Gotta love when it ends up being my fault again even though i didnt do #########.

• Mooks

again you act like I was saying i don’t believe you when I just asked you something 🙄

I did ask what type of tickets you got ignored for - bug reports/player reports/other feedback? I didn’t assume you were lying, I genuinely asked because it does interest me when the devs are doing something wrong like that.

But you are highly disingenuous and accuse the devs of things they definitely didn’t do (eg this thread, where you accuse them of predatory marketing and even proceed to do so after a dev has confirmed it’s a bug that’s only affecting a very small amount of players and you even directly said you didn’t get official response after Peanits confirmed he will forward it).
    you can’t expect everyone to believe when acting like this either.

• Gmoore23

Bro you're crazy if you think that's true. I've already said this countless times: your issues are either non-issues with easy fixes that you refuse to do, or they've already been reported.

Frankly, I'm done with you and I hope everyone else will see what an unhinged, selfish, and sad person you are. I can only hope you'll see that yourself one day, but if I had to guess, this is only the tip of the iceberg with you.

• Jim_Tonic

Where have i said i keep my stance about predatory marketing? After i found out it was just a bug i didnt call it that anymore, i wanted to know when its gonna be fixed after that..

And i do not remember what all the tickets was it has been 2 years ago last time i made one about this reacurring issiue. I guess it was bug reports and other feedback mixed, as no player has anything to do with dedicated servers disconnecting. That would be horrible if people could just plug your server connection. It would be abused like tricksters visual bugs not too long ago.

So no, i dont accuse them of predatory marketing no more and i alredy clarified to you specificly that i didnt know there was a diffrent bug report and thought, based on my previous experiences with this devs, i was personally silenced.

• Shroompy
    edited August 5

Calm your honkers bozo I was simply trying to help

PS: but did you try it?

• Jim_Tonic

Why would i try to fix something that i didnt break?? I wouldnt even know how im not versed in these things.

• Mooks

Here you call it predatory a day after it’s already confirmed by Peanits to not be intentional and being looked at.

• Shroompy

Because my friend, thats how the world works. Everything works... until it doesnt! But dont worry, I shall offer my aid under one condition.

You must say the magic word...

• Jim_Tonic

yeah yeah then i didnt see peanits post before i posted that response.

• Jim_Tonic

So i have to do the devs work now. Do i also get their paycheck then?

• Shroompy
    edited August 5

If you have a leaky pipe and you fix it do you get the plumber that initially worked on its paycheck?

This discussion has been closed.