The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hot Take: Stuns Should Temporarily Disable Nurse's/Blight's Powers

thefallenloser
thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276
edited August 19 in Feedback and Suggestions

Survivors need a bit more when it comes to dealing w/ the two best killers in the game.

Rather than directly nerfing their powers numerically, why not introduce a mechanic for the two that disables their power for something like 3-5 seconds? Stunning both of these killers is already harder in comparison to other killers due to the nature of their powers, w/ Nurse being able to Blink through pallet locations and Blight being able to quickly rush at all times and break dropped pallets faster.

Emphasizing rewarding survivors w/ a short window of opportunity for pulling off skilled counterplay should help bring both of these killers down closer to the levels of the rest of the cast, and would be a fitting way to alleviate their absolute oppressiveness for the majority of the playerbase I believe.

This could be a recurring mechanic/status effect that can then be configurable to any future killers who may become a problem. This could be called something like "Entity's Reproach."

What do you think?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 162

Devs confirmed they aint gonna disable killers power in any form

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 192

You are 100% right, honestly Blight should have his base movement speed lowered significantly to a bit lower than Huntress. Cuz right now even if he misses his several attempts to hit you with power he can just m1 you because so many maps are dead zones now and his cooldown animation is a joke.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

I dont think that matters too much. IMO burning a Nurse was never really that viable.

However, they should have never removed the Bug that a Nurse gets stunned and then goes into Fatique.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

Since its very rare and hard to stun Nurse it would be almost pointless change.

Blight allready got nerfed so this would be overkill.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 563

Blight is fine, nurse should have stun-fatigue back+lightburn

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,455

Or they could make it so they lose all their charges if they get stunned. Basically the same thing

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 807
    edited August 19

Lightburn should come back for Nurse, Artist and Spirit specifically.

• thefallenloser

That is the point. This should be relatively difficult to pull of because it is a strong effect. It's rare and hard to pull off because oftentimes the pallet is the least viable option for survivors. Adding something like this in would also make these two generally be more wary of pallets. The risk/reward factor.

Also the Blight nerfs just took him from insane tier to slightly less insane tier (he's still the second best killer in the game).

• thefallenloser

I certainly think they should consider walking that back.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,209

It's so funny, the Halloween event did just that in the ghost zone. They should just implement that concept for if the Killer hits DS/OTR for 5s/gen remaining.

• I_mean_yeah
    I_mean_yeah Member Posts: 43

Idk why they struggle so much with Nurse, if they really wanted to fix her, they would just give her a longer cd on missed attack after a blink, and leave the cd the same as it is now if she hits something

• Aven_Fallen

This was a pretty popular suggestion when it came to buffing DS. And the Devs just went with increasing the Stun Time (and then nerfing it again so that you dont really see the Perk).

Disabling the power of the Killer for quite some time would be an excellent anti-tunnel measurement. And it would also hit the strong Killers harder, since a weak Killer like Trapper would not really be hindered by that since you probably wont set a Trap immediatly when going after the Survivor, yet rushing or blinking after them after getting hit with DS would just render DS useless.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 935

Their powers should have a 10 second cooldown before they can be used at the start of the trial, kind of like Sadako's TVs. It's annoying being sniped instantly by a Blight or Nurse using Lethal Pursuer for an example. Since they can both traverse the map quickly, there has to be a drawback at the start so the survivors have a fair shot.

Lightburn needs to return as well.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,209

Exactly, it is such a perfect solution since it makes most Killers equal if they decide to tunnel. Also IIRC they said they 'couldn't do it', not they 'wouldn't do it', which was so strange that they said that immediately before or after that event.

• Aven_Fallen

I am pretty sure they would be able to. They are able to disable the Killers Power and replace it with a Blighted Rush with the Halloween-Add On. Disabling it for a few seconds should be roughly the same method.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,890
    edited August 20

I feel like Blight is fine now... he's quite fair; strong but with meaningful counter play, and generslly engaging snd fun to face. I don't think he needs any more nerfs tbh.

Nurse is Nurse... I don't think resetting her tokens on a stun is unreasonable... as oppressive as an amazing Nurse is, I feel like this would give high skilled players a meaningful set of perks/strategies against her. People who could time pallet stuns, get flashlight saves, use Head On, and ofc Decisive Strike would be actually impactful against her rather than giving you 4 seconds before you're just dead.