We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Slugging isnt a problem and doesnt need a "fix"

caipt
caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 627
edited August 21 in General Discussions

Why do people complain about this so much? What does it matter if the killer is slugging for the 4k, you practically already lost so just tab out and do something else. Thats what I do when it happens to me or when survivors wait at gates. I dont slug for the 4k unless I'm trying to adept, but I swear some people act like slugging for the 4k is the most horrible thing in a survivor can experience. like they cant just… do something else. Nobody is forcing you to sit and stare in boredom at your screen, not like a comeback was on the way anyway.

Comments

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 627

Yeah so just tab out and watch some youtube or something. Actually trying to comeback in the kind of situation will probably take longer and get you nowhere. Besides what right does the survivor team have to complain about the killer denying hatch? Both sides do whatever and anything they can do get the 4-out or 4k if the opportunity arises.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,164

I could say that about the survivors too, when they hide for hatch instead of do gens. So now what?

• dknb
    dknb Member Posts: 162

It's a realistic idea to just leave the game and do something else, but that's called AFK.
    Telling players to go AFK is an unhealthy design.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

"killers slugging for 4k are just egoists" isn't a disagreement. isn't only a disagreement, that is.

why should killer settle with the chance of hatch when they can guarantee the 4k? you are right on the time management/bloodpoints part, i think the only deciding factor in whether doing or not doing it should be how much the killer player values their time. apparently lots of people do it so the forums are full of crying survivors and i'm glad to see these hypocritical "comments" such as yours don't discourage many people from doing it.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

the root of the problem isn't the killers doing it so obviously the solution can't be blaming players (killers or survivors). yes it sucks, but they need to eliminate the reasons, and we all know the only reason for it.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,368
    edited August 22

I will copy paste my reply from another post :

Bleeding out a survivor is no worse than when survivors intentionally drag out the game by camping at the exit gates after they've already won. This happens in about 80% of the games, sometimes survivors even split up across the map, forcing the killer to chase them to both exit gates and the hatch.

Yet, when a killer slugs a survivor for a few minutes, there’s often a big uproar, and players rush to the forums to complain.

If this is such a big concern, there are perks available to counter it and if you’re not willing to use a perk slot for that, then maybe the issue isn’t as big as it’s being made out to be.

Ideally, neither of these situations would happen - But the reality is that both do, and exit gate camping is much more common than slugging. If anything, it might be worth having the developers focus on how to address exit gate camping first, - maybe by adjusting blood point rewards to discourage staying in the game after the exit gates are opened.

Bleedouts do take longer, but they’re really rare. I can’t even remember the last time I saw one in my games. (not talking about the 2 vs 1 slug for last kill)

Considering that survivors camp at the exit gates in 80% of the games anyway, does it really matter?

In the end, if one team drags out the game, it’s only natural that the other team might do the same in response. But when the tables are turned, it suddenly stops being fun for some.

It’s hard to know whether to laugh or cry about it.

And just to clarify, I’m not a killer main anymore.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

There is still a problem of "unnecessary bleedout" of 4 minutes, beside that, slugging has literally ZERO issue, and the amount of people who thinks they are entitled for the hatch in one sided match is insane

• Neaxolotl
    edited August 22

That's honestly equivalent of complaining about death and respawn in PvP games, as that generally stops people from doing anything

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,353

oooh, I like this idea! I’d be okay if it made them crawl 3x faster and leaving the bleed out at 2x faster.

It’s such a good idea, I hope the Devs see this!

• Neaxolotl

There is absolutely no reason to give survivors another free disconnect or free hatches, both of basekit unbreakable or faster bleedout is pretty much a buff for them especially when they can choose to use it or not

• Unknown2765

And the Killer already won. The Killer is basically just slugging for a 4K while already winning the game, just for the Ego, wasting the time of others.

Nothing stops the remaining survivor from running to the killer and give up. They have already lost anyway as you put it.

And as someone else said, hiding is just for the Ego, wasting the time of everyone else.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,353

I’m 100% against any form of a basekit Unbreakable but a faster bleed out is fine if there were parameters set for it. They can make it kick in when only two Survivors are left or when all 4 Survivors are slugged with no way to stand back up.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,159

When a survivor is hiding for hatch you are still able to play the game. This isn't the same?

• Neaxolotl
    edited August 22

Devs have already stated indefinite hiding without progressing the game as "holding the game hostage", in other words "killers are not be able to play the game nor progress the game"

So you are objectively wrong

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,303

It's just ego, you already lost, even if you get hatch it's a tie

So you haven't lost, then.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,035

I love it when threads like this inadvertently prove the point they’re trying to argue against. It’s such a beautiful irony.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 1,021

Normal slugging isn‘t a problem since slugging can extremely backfire, but slugging for the 4K when only 2 survivors are alive is a problem. It only wastes the time of everyone. Maybe they should allow the last two survivors to open the hatch with a key.

I think there should be a anti slugging ability for survivors; when they are slugged they can press a button, that makes them bleed out faster and gives them faster crawling speed.

• Unknown2765

"something happens" - no i dont go and chase out survivor when im killer, and that is not the killers responsibility.

Survivors already won, and they drag time with the intent to annoy the killer.

• Unknown2765

It's not anyone else's responsibility to fix your actions, nor can they be held accountable for them. - Suggesting that is just toxic.

So please stop pushing that on to the killer, this is purely on the survivors..

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,882
    edited August 22

The entire point of their argument is that a killer always has the option to "prematurely" end survivors teabagging at the exit gate whereas survivors literally can't stop bleedouts unless they have some very specific perks, so they are "forced" to be unable to do anything for up to 4 minutes

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 449

then it's a self inflicted problem.

i dont have ego issues and i either chase ppl out or dont complain about the game being dragged out.

• Unknown2765

Yeah i know, but they stand and drag time at the exit gate anyway when they win. - So i really dont see this as an issue other than "its not fun when we are not in control"

• Unknown2765

First off, 80% of survivors just stand around and waste time at the exit gate when they've already won. So, I don't see how slugging is a real issue here, other than the fact that it seems like it's only a problem because 'it's not fun when survivors aren't in control.

Secondly, It's not anyone else's responsibility to fix your actions, nor can they be held accountable for them. - Suggesting that is just toxic.

So please stop pushing blame on the killer for the exit gate camping, this is purely on the survivors..

• Unknown2765
    edited August 22

Team A has been dragging time from Team B for ages, and now that Team B is doing the same, suddenly Team A isn’t having fun anymore? It’s a bit ironic, honestly.

Its kind of tireing that a lot of survivor mains think its ok, and even trying to downplay or even push the responsibility for the exit gate camping to the killer, and over-dramatizatize the bleedouts.

Post edited by EQWashu on