The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Reduce match time limit in 30 minutes to avoid game hostage

pandorayr
pandorayr Member Posts: 597
edited August 24 in Feedback and Suggestions

Yesterday I was playing with my trapper on the clinic map and there were 2 survivors alive but they weren't repairing none of the last 3 gens, they was hiding and I getting bored was looking for them for 40 minutes exactly in the end I disconnected, obviously got a penalized but I don't care

Is it fair to the killers? I don't think so.
I couldn't find either to the 2 survivors to try to finish the game and move on to another one.

Enough already!
You've fixed the 3gen issue but now fix the Game hostage.

PS: the 3 gens were very far from each to other.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,656

Just make it 2 minutes. If the survivors haven't completed 5 gens in 2 minutes the killer clearly deserves a free 4k.

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 218

Should have just stayed abit longer, server would end and you would have had 4k. Also I would report them and if I find them slug them and watch them crawl around.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,495
    edited August 24

yeah now that this has gained traction so much they probably should address it. Even streamers that never faced it like scott are experiencing it. its not a "Rare" issue anymore. Because survivors see this happen and think they are gonna be trolls and repeat it to just get a rise out of the killer. This problem SHOULD have been fixed years ago like they did with 3 gen kicking.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,264
    edited August 24

Its good that people are finally putting more light into this issue. More people being trolls also hopefully means faster this issue gets solved. I've been held hostage 40+ minutes few times as a killer and its frustrating. Both times on mothers dwelling 😡.

Neather side should not be able to hold anyone hostage until servers shut down.

• BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 485

The game times out at an hour so they aren't taking the game hostage sadly. It use to be 3 hours. I hope ypu reported them but 30 mins won't do anything people will just hide to time out the game at that point and not play the game as they should. Thry might need to rework how crows work to avoid this or after a certain time elapses where no one is doing anything the map starts to shrink and forces them more in the open.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

You have a strange tendency to defend people who hold the game hostage.

Yeah, they don't want it to be attainable in any sort of regular match. I think 30 minutes would be too short. It's meant to be really generous as a last resort kind of thing.

Instead, they need to improve AFK Crows. People who don't interact with the objective at all for an extended period of time should accrue them. I'm talking like minutes at a time, though. Something to prevent people from hiding forever and dispelling crows with items or a locker.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 991

The survivors not touching the objective is in fact holding the game hostage and is reportable.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,465

Just show auras of survivors who don't progress game in any way for 10 minutes.

• YamamuraVideoRentals
    YamamuraVideoRentals Member Posts: 119

Yeah we just need to improve crows. It's really more of a thing that attracts the killer to afk people, rather than people who hide around the edge of the map, or keep going in and out of lockers. Basically, we need a crow timer that builds up on players, and the only way to reduce it is by doing objectives, or side objectives, or healing other survivors. Note how I use the word REDUCE because after hiding and doing nothing for 5 minutes, cleansing one totem or opening one chest or doing 5% of a gen doesn't really constitute progress.

But also, I think a 30 minute timer for servers is reasonable. I don't think any game should take more than 20 minutes…

• k3ijus
    k3ijus Member Posts: 242

”grrr I’ve absolutely destroyed the surviviors and they have no other way to win, so they play for a stallmate, nerf hiding in a stealth horror game🤬🤬”

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 991

I'm fairly certain stealth isn't part of the description of the game anywhere.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,346

It's one thing to hide from the killer in that situation and another to not even attempt to progress the game state.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,132

I had a match earlier today where I spectated for a minute after I and another survivor died. I saw Survivor 1 get on a gen, then Survivor 2 motioned "come this way" and led Survivor 1 to the basement where Survivor 2 pointed at a locker, and so they both hid in lockers in the basement.

I didn't stick around to watch how it went. I don't think the killer was very experienced, though, so he may have been stuck there for a long time.

• YamamuraVideoRentals
    YamamuraVideoRentals Member Posts: 119

Where have you been? DBD is a "party game"! 😆

Can't have a nice party being a wall flower and trying to blend in with a bush for 2 hours straight, can you??

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,081
    edited August 25

They weren't destroying the survivors though. They said that there were 2 survivors and 1 gen left and the gens were very far apart. The survivors still had a good chance to escape and chose to hold the game hostage instead.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 597
    edited August 26

U defending players who are not progressing in the game?

• JonahofArk
    JonahofArk Member Posts: 20

I think if there are TWO survivors left, and no one is touching GENS to progress the game for at least 7 minutes, their aura should be revealed for 5 seconds. BHVR should also let the last survivors know their aura is being read via an icon. If there is only one survivor left, then this deactivates.

• djsoundlimit
    djsoundlimit Member Posts: 96
    edited August 27

I sometimes dare doing that if the killer takes the hatch. And I don't want to give the 4 kill to the killer :-p but that is only when I am the last survivor

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 353

Can the devs please address this at some point? At least tell us whether or not there are any plans to ever address the problem of survivors hiding and refusing to touch gens. Yes I know these players can be reported, but that obviously has not done anything to deter people from doing it because I still see it happen frequently in my matches (just had another occurrence of this today). It really should not be difficult or time-consuming at all to put some sort of mechanic in the game to prevent/discourage this and it would be a huge quality of life improvement for killer players.

• doobiedo
    doobiedo Member Posts: 149

I have seen mods in this very forum say hiding at the end of the game is not reportable, so it seems there is some mixed messaging on that. It seems kind of weird for that to be reportable anyway because new players would break that rule all the time without knowing. I cant imagine someone actually being banned for hiding to prevent being killed in a game where that is the goal. If 2 survivors are left the best chance to escape is wait for the other one to die and get hatch. So essentially you want to force the survivors to do an action they know will cause them to lose. I thought everyone says "play how you want, camp, tunnel, slug, you're not responsible for anyone else's fun." But its different when its the survivor playing in an annoying way I guess, hmmm. I mean it seems sort of like a skill issue to me if you cant find the hiding survivors within 45 minutes or whatever.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 353

I disagree with you that survivors should be able extend the game indefinitely to avoid losing. Survivors have the ability to hold the game hostage (meaning extending it indefinitely), but killers do not. That's not fair to killer players or to other survivors on the team that just want to move on to the next match without a DC penalty.

However, I do agree with you that the definition about what constitutes "holding the game hostage" has not been made clear by the devs. In the game rules, it just says that "holding the game hostage" is a reportable offense. Fully agree that needs to be more clearly defined and the devs need to add those clear definitions to the posted game rules.