The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

balance\skill gap

bermudinskas
bermudinskas Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

I've been playing for a while now, and I just can't understand why are you making these killers so overpowered? Plenty of killers that can do a lot of things + 4 perks + camping and tunneling which a lot of them do = impossible to play against and have fun. I'm an average player and honestly it' sickening cause I see how the newbies struggle to play survivor. Meanwhile I can hop on killer and just won't see a competition there, mauling everyone left and right. What I want to say that playing a killer doesn't really take much of skill meanwhile to play a casual survivor with 4 perks is quite impossible, even good players struggling against killers like the knight etc… Upcoming killer has how many things he can do ? turn into animals, launch fire pillars and plus mouse one hit and can use 4 perks, how does that make sense ? Maps have a lot of flaws also, like you get stuck on windows, obstacles don't make sense, a lot of open areas, things like hatchets and deathslingers shots pierce thro objects like tires, walls etc.. Players who lack the skill to play killer and can't handle the game just end up camping and tunneling which ruins the game for everyone too. The game is one sided and it's on killers side you cannot actually prove otherwise at this point.

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,915
    edited August 25

What Killer do you have trouble with? and how?

Post edited by Emeal on
  • KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 627

First: Most killers with a lot in their kit do almost everything badly or have a lot of cooldown.

Second: of course they can use 4 perks, you as a team can use 16 lol.

Third: Camping and tunneling is already so much weaker than before, if you're good at looping and you use perks like ds or otr you can make the killer lose the game. If you want an excampel hookstates getting 10 seconds longer next update, so camping is even less effective (not even speaking about the fact you can't facecamp anymore and you can't grab while unhooking anymore).

If you're really just destroying everyone and you say playing killer is easy then you just didn't play enough lol. I want you to play more killer until you go against teams with 5-11k hours that throw you on badham, eyrie, garden of joy or the game. If you're still able to say that afterwards you're ether an absolute monster or you're lying to me and yourself.

Dracula sounds like much but was pretty bad on the ptb.

the firepillars have the hitbox of pyramid head but can't go through high walls, they needed way too long to charge, the penalty for canceling was literally ages and way too much.

His wolfform sounded nice until you see that it's a much worse version of wesker, you would be able to jump twice but only if you're not hitting an object, also it was 4,4, the speedboost of the orbs was too short and you move slower while going backwards.

The batform is okay with a movementspeed of 6,0 but for that you don't see the survivors, the teleport is way to slow for chases.

So he has a lot but everything is garbage. Well we'll see how it's after his release, he got buffed a bit.

Maps I agree with you except that it's garbage for both lol. Eyrie, garden of joy, the game, badham and mothers dwelling are all absolutely unplayable as killer if you don't want to get absolutely numb afterwards (in 90% of the cases you don't even have to think at the loops because they are to good to be mindgamed against good players). At the same time there's dead dog saloon, midwich, forgotten ruins (i'd say? It's pretty okay for killer I guess) and maybe some variations of mac millian and autoheaven that are garbage for survivor if they know what they do.

Huntress, deathslinger and Trickster are nothing you can just say "there are to many open areas", almost every indoor-map, especially lerrys is absolutely unplayable with them and even some outdoor-maps are trash like mothers dwelling, temple of purgation and garden of joy.

Dbd is pretty balanced at the moment if the matchmaking works and both sides accept that tunneling and camping is a part of the game. If you actually work on getting harder to be tunneled and you learn how to play against camping better it's pretty well balanced in contrast to before. (Of course your team also has to be good at that, but that's always a thing that you sometimes get people that don't know what they're doing. That's not bhvr's fault at that point and is just unlucky for you).

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 619
    edited August 25
  • bermudinskas

you're wrong, that does impact the game but clearly doesn't change the fact that the killers are op. Like zone god knight who essentially is not one killer but three or w/e how can you even succeed looping against this. Just had a game against deathslinger, dude shoots straight through obstacles, two times in a row, and every game i played against deathslinger it's always the case.

• bermudinskas

Well if you have 10k hours in the game or something I'm sure you think this and it's adequate. I only have 500 hrs so far and I feel like I'm not that bad for that amount. Yes, there are a lot of survivors who throw the game but we're talking about solo q, can't really pick and choose. All I'm saying that at the beginner lvl the game is definitely on the killers side. I'm not talking about swf games with actually experienced skilled people versus the same experience opposition killers. But I can clearly see that at this moment if I play the killer it's like 80% easy wins versus when I play the survivor which is 80% frustration which includes bad teammates, trolls, campers, tunneling, players that are just so toxic they won't finish the game they just torture you and waste your time.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

Just had a game against deathslinger, dude shoots straight through obstacles, two times in a row, and every game i played against deathslinger it's always the case.

Yes, his thing is a small projectile, so he can shoot through holes etc.

Most killers are loopable, if you want to learn how, then simply play them and copy what other survivors are going to do against you.

• KeonLennedy
    KeonLennedy Member Posts: 23

I agree with you, at the beginner level Killers do have more of an advantage, but you'll find the more you play it evens out. I'm around 2k hours and things evened out for me around 1k hours. The most consistent disadvantage for me in SoloQ starting with 1k hours is having toxic teammates that throw and that hasn't changed from 1k to 2k.

• bermudinskas

Yeah I don't think it will change. Well, I'm trying to get better and there are days where I really do well, have fun etc but when I think of it it's just cause of a bad killer, like an awful one. So can you really progress playing against bad killers? idk…

• KeonLennedy
    KeonLennedy Member Posts: 23

If you want one huge tip, the thing that helped me improve as both Killer and Survivor was actually by playing more of the other role. When I play Killer, I notice the things good Survivors do to outplay me and so I try to copy them when I play Survivor, and vice versa when I play Survivor. So whenever I'm playing Killer or Survivor I'm thinking more about the other side and imagining if I were playing them right now, how I would look to them, and try to do the things that would trip me up if I were them. I don't have the best mechanical skill like some players, but I really enjoy good mindgames, and that's how I have my fun and improve. Try to find your strengths and focus on those. You can't be good at every aspect of the game but you can find your niche. Good luck.

• bermudinskas

Yeah I mean it's obvious but so far I rarely have problems playing killer. On survivors end I do watch some videos occasionally, I guess I need to practice some of the maps more, cause I end up doing a lot of dumb mistakes, bumping into dead ends and objects.