The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

EAC bugged after Castlevania update

crystalkitti
crystalkitti Member Posts: 376
edited August 28 in Bug Reporting

After my game updated, it continuously gives me an error saying 'EAC client cannot be instantiated,' and then it closes the game. I had no problems before this.

No other games that use EAC have issues running. I've tested multiple.

I've tried what searches recommend, such as completely deleting EAC files and uninstalling DBD, then reinstalling both with fresh files. I've verified the files at least 5 times. Nothing has worked.

Please help. Am I missing something with this new update? Did it not install correctly? Nobody can seem to figure it out and I'm not super tech-savvy myself.

Edit: edit to say I'm using Steam on PC, forgot that the first time.

Post edited by EQWashu on
24 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Princ3ssYami
    Princ3ssYami Member Posts: 10
    edited August 29

I’m having the same exact issue with my game. Using windows Xbox on PC - nothing seems to be helping. I tried to download it on steam, worked fine yesterday but today it’s doing the same thing. Super annoying.

Post edited by Princ3ssYami on
  • dhashfhsahfdha
    dhashfhsahfdha Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

same things happening to me, im genuinely going insane. this happened before when i tried to play the castlevania ptb and now with this update :(

• crystalkitti

I've been hopeful, waiting to see a post from them to the public about "we're aware of the EAC issues and are working to fix it!" But I suppose this post being marked as 'seen and passed on to the dev team' is the closest equivalent? At least they acknowledged it and can hopefully work out a fix soon. ):

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,589

This is the only workaround we have seen posted that players are having success with:

1. Go to your game's folder (Right click on the Dead by Daylight-> Manage->Browse local files:)
    2. Open the easy anti cheat folder
    3. Whilst holding the Shift key, right click "EasyAntiCheat_EOS_Setup.exe" and select "Copy as path" 
    4. Press the Win key + R at the same time to open the Run prompt. Alternatively, open the Start Menu, search for "Run" and open the app from there
    5. Select the field next to open and press Ctrl-V to paste and At the end of the text, enter a space and the following: "install 2b2299be8ae84d679d4dc57c55af1510"
    6. Type "Ctrl+Shift+Enter" to run as admin and EAC will install for you. You should receive a User Account Control pop up asking to allow it to make changes to you device, if you are not running as admin. You will need to click "Yes"

• crystalkitti

I'm unable to test this right now, but I will as soon as I can and respond back with an update then…

But thank you so much for your reply; it's hard to put into words how much this post getting noticed (and potential fixes being shared) means to me. I was so psyched for the new update, not being able to get in was like a punch in the gut… I might finally be able to play w/o getting targeted for my prestige… should the Entity let me in, LOL!

• NSKYW
    NSKYW Member Posts: 3

Только что попробовал данный способ, сделал и БЕЗ перезагрузки компьютера и так же С.
    К несчастью ничего не вышло, зайти в игру могу, но поиграть нет, даже в свою игру с ботами не дает сыграть. Надеюсь разработчики починят все как можно скорее, мы все ждем!!!❤️

• JocelynAwakens

Players are sharing this workaround on Reddit for XBOX app on PC:

make sure your Xbox app is closed, you can go to task manager and end task

go to the folder EasyAntiCheat on the XboxGames within your game files

find EasyAntiCheat_EOS_Setup.exe

right click on it, make a shortcut

right click on the shortcut and go to properties

in the Target box, type "install prod-fn" (without quotes) after the last quotation mark

The end of the text should now look like: EasyAntiCheat_EOS_Setup.exe" install prod-fn

now press Apply then OK

now open up DBD and have fun :)

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

Just FYI

this is not working for me on Steam either.

tried verifying files, then deleting all EAC folder plus verifying and then this workaround and always the same result of "EAC client cannt be instantiated"

• Chrisbma09
    Chrisbma09 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

My Wife & I both have this issue. Both of us are using Gaming PC's of which run other games with no trouble from the XBox App. and we do have Windows 11.

Ever since the latest update we have had this issue, can those of you working at the company PLEASE push an Update once you find a solution. These work-arounds are not working for a majority of us & I am unsure how others are even playing the game at this point unless they do it solely off of a Console and not PC.

• Witchu
    Witchu Member Posts: 16

It's nice to know I'm not the only one. Same as everyone. I've tried literally everything I possibly can and more. Spent hours googling, doing every "fix" and nothing. I am super upset cause I bought the new dlc and really wanted to play and I haven't been able to for days now.

• Torch_Lord
    Torch_Lord Member Posts: 1

So i recently bought the new castlevania dlc hoping to play the new killer and try out the new survivor but when i went to load the game after i had spend 12 whole dollars on this dlc, I see the error saying that the EAC client cannot be instantiated. I have spend now 2 days trying to find a fix but nothing has worked. I have deleted the EAC file, tried to run the file as admin, reinstalled the game, resarted my computer, heck i even reinstalled steam to see if that would but with no success. If anyone has a fix to my issue or if a developer sees this and resolves the issue then that would be greatly appreciated. If not then ive wasted 12 bucks ;-;.

• peekaboo901
    peekaboo901 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 1

Hello, i saw some people doing these fixes:

1.Go to your game's folder

2. Open the easy anti cheat folder

3. Whilst holding the Shift key, right click "EasyAntiCheat_EOS_Setup.exe" and select "Copy as path" 

4.  Press the Win key + R at the same time to open the Run prompt. Alternatively, open the Start Menu, search for "Run" and open the app from there

5. Select the field next to open and press Ctrl-V to paste and At the end of the text, enter a space and the following: "install 0367a3a8ea344f08851d76facf6f66d3" and some people said to: install 2b2299be8ae84d679d4dc57c55af1510

but none of them have worked for me nor Jocelynbee fix. I saw some people saying that factory reseting pc is working but i don't want to lose my files in the pc. Like most of the people i was non stop searching for any fix that might work but i nearly tried everything that i can find in the internet. I opened a ticket but i only got a robot message that said the things i already done. I will most likely factory reset my pc just to open DBD if there will be no actual fix in this week i don't think devs are fixing this problem right now cause i heard there are problems in the game. I was very excited to play the new dlc but right now i do feel like i am getting scammed here. I hope this can get fixed ASAP.

Post edited by peekaboo901 on
  • peekaboo901
    edited August 31

I tried to clean boot my system and install the game from different disks. If anyone is wondering here is the mail that i got back from bhvr:

I understand that you have been getting the error code EAC cannot be instantiated

when trying to play your game and you need help fixing this as I know how important it is for you and all our players to be able to have a nice fun and smooth match with no crashes or errors interfering with your gameplay. 

Before anything else, make sure that your device meets our minimum system requirements, found here

1. Make sure that everything else is up to date, this includes, but is not limited to:

• Dead By Daylight
    • Store/Platform (Steam, Window Store, Epic Games Store)
    • Operating System (Windows)
    • Direct X
    • Graphics Drivers (NVIDIA / AMD)

2. Verify that your internet connection is strong enough to play Dead by Daylight

• If you require assistance with connection-related issues you can check our network troubleshooting guide found here.

3. Verify the game files and relaunching the game:

• For Steam:
      • Close the game and the launcher via the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Delete > End Process)
      • Open the launcher once again; but this time by right clicking on the Epic Games launcher and clicking on "run as administrator"
      • Go to your Steam Library and right-click on Dead by Daylight
      • Click 'Properties'
      • Click on the tab 'Local Files'
      • Click [Verify integrity of game files...]
    • For Epic Games Store:
      • Close the game and the launcher via the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Delete > End Process)
      • Open the launcher once again; but this time by right clicking on the Epic Games launcher and clicking on "run as administrator"
      • Navigate to Library
      • Click the three dots
      • Click Manage
      • Click the 'Verify' button
    • Perform a clean boot - more information about how to perform a clean boot can be found here.

If after you do all this it still doesn't seem to be working, 

try reinstalling the game

and let us know if the issue continues so we can investigate any further troubleshooting steps that we can try.

• Witchu

I really hope they take this serious. I've seen posts about this issue on steam and reddit. Like, I spent money and I can't even play 😣 They still haven't responded to my ticket but I'm assuming they're busy since it's a new DLC. But I hope I don't get that kind of response since I will 100% have tried any fixes they suggest. I JUST WANNA PLAY. BEHAVIOR PLSSS

• Mamperini
    Mamperini Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

It keeps saying that ''Easy Anti-Cheat'' is not installed, but I checked and it is installed. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game, but the problem persists.

The exact message is in Brazilian Portuguese, my native language: ''Erro na execução. Easy Anti-Cheat não instalado.''

How often does this occur? Every time I open the game.

When did it begin? After the Castlevania DLC launch.

• cheemsburgers
    cheemsburgers Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 7

I am a bit more tech savvy and I am running this game on Linux through Steam.

I have tried multiple versions of Proton including Proton Experimental and TKG Proton 9.15. Each time the EAC client gets stuck on initializing.

I have also tried manually installing the EAC client through protontricks with the following command: `protontricks -c "./EasyAntiCheat/EasyAntiCheat_EOS_Setup.exe verify-and-install" 381210`. I even used `protontricks -c "./EasyAntiCheat/EasyAntiCheat_EOS_Setup.exe qa-factory-reset" 381210` and the aforementioned command, but still no dice.

This seems to be a major cross-platform issue.

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 324

I've tried getting it to work since the day of the castlevania launch. Unfortunately there's radio silence on my support ticket, social media reach outs, and from many other posts on the forums. This is the first time I've seen a dev comment so that's nice at least, because it was really starting to feel like people just didn't care that you literally can't play, as there was no acknowledgment of the issue or any possible solutions provided. I've tried for days. My friend also can't play the game either. EAC won't open no matter what I do, wether I go in manually through browsing local files or not. Feels bad not to be able to play a game you dedicated alot of time and money into, that's for sure. I'm one of those dbd goblins that plays every day, so not being able to for almost a week and not having any indication that there's a solution being worked on really leaves a bitter taste.

Here's hoping we get to load up the game soon 🤞

• peekaboo901

Hello,

I belive i have found a fix?? I was searching internet all over again and i saw someone say if you install a game called guild wars 2 and open it, it randomly fixes eac bug. After a bit more searching i decide to give it a go and installed the game from steam it is free game so no pay. After that i opened the game and just closed it after 10 seconds then i opened the dbd and no eac bug. I didn't delete the game incase of bug will return. I played dbd just like before the update it was fun time. I hope this can work for everyone since it worked for me after countless of tries.

• Witchu

I saw someone mention something similar, but with the game Brawlhalla (probs faster to install than guild wars 2 if you have slow internet) but even this didn't fix it for me lol.

• JocelynAwakens

Hi, everyone! Can you please ensure that you are running your games as Admin? If running as Admin is not resolving the issue, can you please DM me your Steam IDs or your Epic Game Store ID? Thank you for your help!

• Witchu

Many of us have mentioned we've tried everything possible. Here, on reddit, on the steam forums, we've tried every option.

• crystalkitti

My entire steam/steam library is set to run as Admin. It still isn't working… How do I find and send you my steam ID? I'm not sure how it'll help, but at this point I'm willing to try anything. ):

• JocelynAwakens
  • JocelynAwakens

Sorry for my photoshops.

• crystalkitti

Thank you! This seems like something that should be kept on the private side, though I'm not sure; is it ok if I message you with mine?

• Ankhman
    Ankhman Member Posts: 8

I sent my Steam ID via DM. Please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide, or further testing I/we can do to help resolve this. And thank you for your ongoing involvement!

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675
    edited September 9

I have been getting this either as random crashes, failure to load into the game from the title screen, and random server kicks because "Easy Anticheat cannot validate your account (Error 3)". I have been kicked for loading in as Nemesis, having multiple Alucards in the lobby, simply loading in as and PLAYING Alucard and picking up certain items like Bloodsense maps, and while hovering over perks to pick them before loading in as Killer. I got kicked once too for absolutely no discernable reason just because I was hovering in the menu looking for a round as Ghostface and I shifted to Myers to do my bloodweb. I have never hacked, cheated, or done anything untoward in this game whatsoever, the worst I do is use some cosmetic perk icon packs. I play legitimate and fair and this error has made my heart drop thinking I somehow got an account ban when I have done nothing wrong. Please fix this, it's a problem.

Post edited by GonnaBlameTheMovies on
  • GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675

Adding to this - I am able to play, but constantly seem to need to revalidate my EAC files every other day. It's not as severe for me as it is for other players. The problem is this is, essentially, random though.

• cheemsburgers
    cheemsburgers Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 7

Still unable to play after the recent patch, I have tried quite literally everything, including manual EAC installation via protontricks.

Again, if this is a common cross-platform issue, why not downgrade the EAC client or fix it? People literally cannot even launch the game. How was this not found by QC, especially before a big DLC release?

• watchthis
    watchthis Member Posts: 1

I have tried everything to fix the issue with EAC client cannot be instantiated. win + r → paste path eac install 2b2299be8ae84d679d4dc57c55af1510, install 0367a3a8ea344f08851d76facf6f66d3, made a shortcut, reinstall steam and dbd, install prod-fn, and verified the files, run regedit and deleted the EAC in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, SFC /scannow, ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew, ipconfig /flushdns, but still the same problem.

• Vegito
    Vegito Member Posts: 1

Hey my friend is having the same issue with none of these fixes working, can I DM you her Steam ID?

• JocelynAwakens

We don't need any more Steam IDs for the investigation but we appreciate everyone that has reached out! The team is currently working on the issue.

• Coffin
    Coffin Member Posts: 4

I've also received this issue and am unable to play.

• Sphiggly
    Sphiggly Member Posts: 6

I would like to add that I've also encountered EAC issues

Thanks for the help though!

• JerryJ
    JerryJ Member Posts: 1

I'd also like to add 1 more EAC issue on a machine.

On my normal computer, DBD works after the Dracula update but I had to switch to my old machine, bc my 14th gen Intel imploded.
    On my old machine I reinstalled DBD and I cant play anymore.

none of the fixes recommended here worked, I even tried to uninstall/reinstall EAC through command line and it won't resolve

• Witchu

Any updates from the devs?

• Seraphin
    Seraphin Member Posts: 2

Hello everyone, I hope you're well.

I'm writing a new topic to share my experience. I hope this is the right place to do it.

It has been 13 days since the EasyAntiCheat update (= Castlevania update), and DBD is still inaccessible to a large number of players. Two hours before the Castlevania update, I could play without any problem. The next minute, after installing the update, the problem appeared.

Since the problem first appeared on August 27, I've been expecting a quick resolution, but here we are two weeks later with no information at all. Faced with the lack of determination on the part of the parties involved (BHVR and, above all, Epic Games, owner of EAC), I decided to put pen to paper to try and raise your awareness.
    From memory, in 7 years of playing DBD, I've never experienced such a stubborn problem, with so little communication from the development studio, but EAC has always been at the root of the problems in question (severe ones, even leading to major BSOD-type problems). I'll try to remain pragmatic about what interests us today.

The problem started on August 27 with the Castlevania update, which ALSO deployed the latest EasyAntiCheat update. I personally encounter the problem on PC-STEAM, but it doesn't seem to be limited to that. When the game is launched, EAC tries to load DBD and then displays “ERROR: EAC is not installed”.
    I have personally tried all the solutions available, thanks to the generous suggestions of users and my own research. None of them work, the problem persists. Examples of the solutions I've tried:

• Delete all DBD and reinstall, but the problem persists.
    • Delete all EAC files and reinstall, but the problem persists.
    • Successful verification of files, but the problem persists.
    • When EAC is launched as administrator, in the game directory, the window appears for a second and then closes.
    • Install another game under EAC, but the problem persists
    • etc (including solutions involving the creation of a shortcut or the use of a command line).

I can assure you that all hardware and software precautions have been taken (healthy system with EVERYTHING up to date).

It seems that the problem lies with the EAC and not with DBD itself. For the past two weeks, the internet has been flooded with this report on many games using EAC, but DBD being very popular, it's mostly its name that stands out.
    Reason and experience dictate that I make the users who are experiencing this problem aware that they have nothing to blame themselves for and that they are not the only ones concerned, but also that BHVR is aware of its relationship with EAC. Indeed, as a consumer, I'm concerned by the fact that an intermediary like EAC can totally invalidate access to games because of major software flaws. Worse still, if my reasoning is correct as to who is responsible for the problem, I find EAC's lack of reaction worrying.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

• dmitrilessy
    dmitrilessy Member Posts: 16

I am having the same issue and been trying to communicate this to dev and Microsoft. I have tried EVERY SINGLE THING, nothing works whiel some party acts like it's not a big deal. People paid for something that literally does not work while the rest who already bought it suddenly can play it either.

This is a deal breaker for me so no, I don't care how good or terrible your game is, your response rate is terrible.

The problem is with EAC. If anyone wondering why it takes this long to fix it because they can just roll back the EAC to the previous version, I think they can't do that because the problem involved stricter permissions on Windows. I am running Windows 11 23H2.