The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rewarding fair play as well as punishing bad play to make a less toxic gameplay loop

BrightestMage
BrightestMage Member Posts: 28
edited September 12 in Feedback and Suggestions

Everything in the game feels like you get slapped on the wrist when you do bad but then gives you no incentive whatsoever to play fairly. The game should have built in rewards for spreading hook stages and chasing different survivors so that the killer is incentivized to play fairly and make the game more entertaining. Survivors should also be rewarded for not doing gens in some way so that the game is less focused on just kill survivors and do gens.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,014

i think straight up giving a bloodpoint multiplier for a thumbs up at the end of a game would be nice, like +50% bloodpoints for each thumbs' received

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,090

so you want the game to reward you for not playing the game as intended? Not to mention you're more rewarded as survivor by doing almost anything other than gens point wise.

• BrightestMage

Not true, gens give the most objective points. Plus I'm talking about something to ease pressure such as after you hook the last survivor, the gens get blocked for x amount of time. Allowing the killer to not be punished for playing fairly. This is part of the reason why killers camp and tunnel. In a kill based game, you can't blame people for using the most effective strategy.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

The current environment is boring, especially with the restrictions and punishments placed on various plays on the killer's side. There is always the danger of a stun grenade, flashlight, or sabotage if you try to hang on a hook, and even if you do hang, a survivor armed with DS, OTR, or babysitter will then take over the chase. On top of that, PoP and Painless numbers have been nerfed repeatedly, resulting in an environment where slugging is the most useful ever. Very boring both when playing Survivor and when playing Killer.

• PuddleOfBludd
    PuddleOfBludd Member Posts: 87

The gens being blocked for a certain number of time already exists with the perk grim embrace. That does nothing to slow down survivors from completing generators. Right now the only way to effectively stop gens from being completed is to eliminate the survivors working on them as quickly as possible.

Everyone who is advocating for there to be punishment for killers that don’t allow all four survivors to remain in the game for as long as possible are being absolutely ridiculous.

How would you like it if it was suggested that if four generators pop too quickly, then all survivors automatically get two hook states and become exposed? No, you wouldn’t like it to be punished for doing what you’re supposed to be doing.

Yet for some reason survivors think it is OK to punish the killer for literally doing any of their objectives.

The only way to incentivize killers not to tunnel or slug, or camp is to stop making it extremely easy for survivors to have five generators popped. With gen regression being limited, gen speeds being buffed, and there basically no longer even being a three gen … why are we still at a five generator repair? At this point survivors should be doing all seven of them, since they really can’t be stopped. At least that would give the killer some time and maybe just maybe they wouldn’t feel so pressured to play the way that they’ve been.

just a thought.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 991

So only killer players that let survivors live get the bonus? Players in a group can just pat each other on the back for a bonus?

• BrightestMage

The intensity is a little much, but I semi agree with the sentiment. It's true that the killer has always done the most effective and efficient strategy. It's also true that with killers always being punished for doing their objective it paves the way for tunneling and camping to be the best strategy to win. I'll raise you one. The reason why isn't just because of those things. It's also because this game is based off of kills. That already opens the door for ruthless strategies such as the two everyone hates. If instead the entity was after the survivors fear or suffering that would make it so that the killer would get rewarded for repeatedly downing survivors and chasing different people was rewarded, instead killers would try to go after torment rather than kills.

• BrightestMage

I 100% agree, I'm not gonna say that killers are the only ones that suffer. But because killer gameplay is such a mess of harassments it drives new players away from playing it.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,915

I cant wait for Survivors to withhold that bloodpoint multiplier and mention it to me every game.

"Tunneled and camped no points extra points for you"

Or they use it to just boost their friends.